Sign in to follow this  
sauviat

MSFS World Update #3

Have just read that the next update in the New Year will be the UK! Timing is great for Brexit, too! Liverpool and Manchester getting the works, levelling up the north/south devide!

Taken from MSFSaddons.com:

"Today, on the regular developer Q&A, it was revealed that the third World Update will be released in January, and will focus on the UK (with some hope to include Ireland).

The UK scenery will then be improved in several key areas. There will be new highly detailed elevation data, going up to 50cm to 2m resolution, and brand new aerial imagery. Besides these overall improvements in terrain quality and resolution, there will also be a series of custom-built airports (Manchester and Liverpool airports are among them), around 50 to 60 points of interest and many new procedural buildings, which will focus a lot on churches and cathedrals. Not enough? We will also have new landing challenges!"

Martin

• Like 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Excellent news. I hope they work on the castles, which are a distinct feature of the UK landscape. I've checked on two castles so far, and while one of them looks a bit like it should, the other looks like a domed-roof warehouse.

Otherwise, I think a handcrafted "castles of the UK" add-on from a third-party would be very welcome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sauviat said:

Have just read that the next update in the New Year will be the UK!

Already discussed here: 

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I wonder where sim update 1 was? Probably the accumulation of all previous bug fixes...

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Is this UK update out yet? If not any idea when?

Edited by peppy197

25 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

Is this UK update out yet? If not any idea when?

It will be released January 26th. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Schedule to be release on the 16th Feb.  My guess, on or just after 1600z

• Like 1

If you wish to fly MSFS today without interruption then start the sim get the main screen and leave it there until you fly.  Just get in beyond where it checks for updates.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere