Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

much less complaints about P3D5.1 HF1

I notice, that actually there are much less complaints about P3D 5.1 HF1 compared to the situation when 5.0 was introduced. I hope the reason is, that it now works stable and great for most of us as is does for me. But, of course thiere could be other reasons for the silence like

1. Most who had issues went away to MSFS or even XPlane

2. they gave up to complain anyway

3. LM has managed to raise our pain limit significantly

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

hi Bernd,

P3D v5 is evolving, the same way P3Dv4.0 started, so the improvements to the new technology features introduced by LM are starting to take effect.There's still some work for LM to do (IMHO) but they are heading in the right direction.

And you probably forgot a 4th reason... and that is, there were some simmers that went to MSFS, tried it and said its not ready yet, then came back to P3D and are enjoying P3Dv5.x so there's actually no need to complain. 😉

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

19 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

And you probably forgot a 4th reason... and that is, there were some simmers that went to MSFS, tried it and said its not ready yet, then came back to P3D and are enjoying P3Dv5.x so there's actually no need to complain. 😉

Hi Mark, well, doesn´t that fit into No. 2 or 3 ?! 😁

• Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Yes. I noticed this too. The complains left are less about stability but mostly on EA visual looks and clouds.

That´s ok! I love the stable P3D V5.X versions. 

Marcus

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Me too. Stability and performance more important than visuals at this time. I will tinker with EA at some stage but I need to get my round-the-world flights in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

7 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

HF3? We are still on HF1 for 5.1

Are you on the Beta Team?

...i have absolute no idea what you are talking about...😜😘

Bernd

I have done several flights now with the new HF1, and it is definately getting better. Still loads of oddities but on the whole, it is pretty good.

I never did have most of the problems that many people have, although the clouds issue with EA is something I think we ALL are having issues with, but I am sure time will sort out these problems too.

MY biggest dilemma with V5 and whether I will continue with P3D is TOTALLY dependant on the developers and wether they continue developing for it.

I see some have jumped onto MSFS exclusively quite quickly which is fine, but I will think twice about purchasing from these in the future, as you dropped P3D so quickly.

The sim is there it just needs supporting IMHO.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

5 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

MY biggest dilemma with V5 and whether I will continue with P3D is TOTALLY dependant on the developers and wether they continue developing for it.

The sim is there it just needs supporting IMHO.

FS Labs are developing a 64-bit version of Concorde for P3D v4 and v5. Given they have said there will only be one 64-bit Concorde that should reassure many they are fully committed to L-M. 👍

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

FS Labs are developing a 64-bit version of Concorde for P3D v4 and v5. Given they have said there will only be one 64-bit Concorde that should reassure many they are fully committed to L-M. 👍

Yes Ray, and I am really enthusiastic about that. It is indeed good news and personally cannot wait to try it out.

I never had P3D V3 so did not have it for that version. 😉

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

I have started using the latest version of V5 and liking it -  but I cannot stomach the huge hazy horizons

and because of the few complaints around EA I don't even try that aspect

I am also sticking with V4 because I have a load of A/C in my hangar that doesn't fit v5

MSFS will have to wait for me until  the fun gaming version on X Box when those of us - who keep trying

to beta test the current PC version finally get some aircraft to "Play" with

V5.1HF1 has allowed me to enjoy flight simming again.
It was a rocky patch for the past 7 months (P3D woes and MSFS shortcomings), but it's almost as if the hotfix has made v5 into a new sim.

There are still some problems with trueSKY and I can still get a strange CTD whenever I change aircraft after I've loaded a flight. However, the rest of my usual CTDs from VRAM exhaustion or attempting settings changes during a flight have almost completely disappeared.
Combined with the amount of detail I can now throw at the sim―maintaining performance far above what I could have hoped for way back at the start of the year in v4―is impressive. The clouds are depicted better in this version too.

Yep, "much less complaints about P3D 5.1 HF1" from me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

46 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Yes Ray, and I am really enthusiastic about that. It is indeed good news and personally cannot wait to try it out.

I never had P3D V3 so did not have it for that version. 😉

They'll be able to do it justice as far as the virtual cockpit is concerned. So much had to be compromised for VAS it never looked that great. Plus I have to downscale my UHD monitor to 1920*1080 and that detracts from the visuals too.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather