Sign in to follow this  
BerndB

much less complaints about P3D5.1 HF1

16 minutes ago, simbol said:

Meine Statistiken zeigen eine sehr große Bevölkerung von Menschen, die zu P3D zurückkehren. NICHT ALLE.. aber ein großer Teil.

S.

One can only hope that the Scenery developers recognize that too.
And don't forget who has given you the money for the buns for years.

Edited by _Airbus_Fan_
  • Like 2

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

I so agree. I check out Simmarket all the time and all I see is MSFS scenery and virtually nothing for P3d. I wonder how many simmers are actually buying these MSFS sceneries/airports, when they have nothing decent to fly to these places. I think the scenery developers should think very carefully before they dump us P3d people. There are still a lot of us around, and will be for a long time I think.

Malcolm Hancock

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Malcolm Hancock

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

V5.1HF1 has allowed me to enjoy flight simming again.
It was a rocky patch for the past 7 months (P3D woes and MSFS shortcomings), but it's almost as if the hotfix has made v5 into a new sim.
Yep, "much less complaints about P3D 5.1 HF1" from me.

Agree completely: "Heavy-duty simming" since '85 or 6, I quit somewhere in 2016 - only to hear, in Nov. 2019 (with much excitement!) of the coming of MSFS. I rebuilt FSX, purchased P3D v4; rebuilt my cockpit, went to 4.5, adding old and new content - then added v5, (but Its crashes put me quickly back to v4.5) - either being a level above FSX for sure; I was impressed - no more fiddling with DX10 et al!! However - within days MFSF was released, I jumped, was captivated, amazed, hypnotized - even participating in a couple of on-line group flights . . . and then slowly became increasingly disillusioned as - along with the thousands of other simmers - the "shell" of the MS-Asobo product began to display - and continue to display - its "missed approaches". . .
It's still on my new 2TB drive, and I look at it every now and then; I do the update thing; I glance through the "Flightsim.to" freebees etc., but now P3D v5.1 is my daily sim of choice. Besides the now-fixed stability of 5.1 - it offers so many plus's over msfs that I've moved back, and will probably stay with P3D.
      For me - and I suspect for many other simmers here, it is the act of flying an aircraft in as close-to-real a manner as is possible - that is what it is all about. In-sim we miss all the immersion of the real world of course - even msfs can't replicate that, but successfully engaging and immersing in the full, multiple, repeatable, in-flight real world procedures, IFR. VFR, differing weather situations, system authenticity, flight deck or cockpit authenticity, navigation & ATC fidelity, etc., in almost any aircraft, in almost any part of the world - in our FSX-P3D simulators - is paramount.    It is not the "real scenery" driven simulator that Asobo offers as its attraction, and I reckon it will be a long time before the sim can achieve the maturity that P3Dv5.1 shows.

"Beauty is only skin deep", and I reckon MSFS demonstrates just how good P3D and especially this newer version - is.

(Sorry for being an ol' winbag)

ATB, pj

• Like 7

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I've not had many stability problems with 5.x at all, and the improved performance has been impressive and valuable for me with a multi-PC home cockpit setup. The EA problems have been painful but I like to fly complex aircraft out of complex scenery (London mostly) and the FPS hit of EA is large enough that I've stopped using it except for scenic GA flying out in the sticks. I can't say I miss it that much - maybe 2D clouds just don't bother me as much as they bother some 🙂.

With HF1 I've noticed a further uptick in performance, and startingly so in a current scenario flying the FeelThere E170 into FlyTampa EHAM. I've been tweaking stuff heavily so some of the improvement is probably down to that but HF1 definitely improved things further and I think the single-pass mode for Viewgroups now works better too in terms of FPS. Much lower FPS penalty for the extra view that I have on my outside display. 

Like others here, my big bugbear is the 3rd party support and in particular key add-ons that have just not been updated and are on the 'you'll just have to wait' list from the likes of ORBX, largely because of the MSFS surge. If, as Simbol suggests, people are returning to P3D and more importantly are willing to buy add-ons, that just might start to change.

As for MSFS - potentially up to two years wait for multi-monitor support? That basically kills the platform stone dead for cockpit builders and some power users. Being told 'VR is the future, ditch the cockpits' by the word not allowed is not helpful. I'm sticking with P3D and if it continues to improve enough, I may never consider moving. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

This is just for one of my products AI Lights Reborn Professional.. which is considered a "niche" product.. this product is for P3D only.. the stats below are for November excluding this upcoming weekend.. last month the increase in figures were the same.. that means a 200% increase in numbers during the last 2 moths, aka in comparison with September:

komwUpW.png

Numbers don't lie.. I have similar figures for other add-on's I work / developed in partnerships with other developers (so I can't publish).. this is why I keep telling people currently we have a split market.. P3D, XP and MSFS.. everyone is settling to do what they like to do more.. on wherever platform that is..

The reason for no complains is not because people is moving somewhere else.. I guess LM did something right.. 😉

S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

This is just for one of my products AI Lights Reborn Professional.. which is considered a "niche" product.. this product is for P3D only

One of your customers in October was me. It might be a niche product but it's an excellent one that deserves the investment!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Personally, I'm just not comfortable with switching from v4.5 to v5 just yet.  I never like it when developers have to make one hotfix after another in order to make their product work as it should.

I've no doubt that LM will get this right - eventually.  Perhaps v5.2 or 5.3 will be a good entry point.

Dave

• Like 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

2 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

One of your customers in October was me. It might be a niche product but it's an excellent one that deserves the investment!

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. If you like what I do, research about immersion packages.. I worked with the NGXu V2 immersion package and Airbus V2 immersion packages in partnership with //42, products available via ORBX.

They have a 42% discount this weekend due to black Friday.. don't miss it!.

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. If you like what I do, research about immersion packages.. I worked with the NGXu V2 immersion package and Airbus V2 immersion packages in partnership with //42, products available via ORBX.

S.

Wait Wait - this is a new package?  Wow.  And it all works in P3Dv5.  Me gonna get it

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

Wait Wait - this is a new package?  Wow.  And it all works in P3Dv5.  Me gonna get it

Ehh no.. they have been available for a while.. lol , Yes they work with V5..

Search for A320 Immersion V2 and 737 Immersion V2. I was the mayor contributor for the source code and effects on those projects..

I am working on building more ...😉

S.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

was captivated, amazed, hypnotized - even participating in a couple of on-line group flights . . . and then slowly became increasingly disillusioned as - along with the thousands of other simmers - the "shell" of the MS-Asobo product began to display - and continue to display - its "missed approaches". . .
<snip>
For me - and I suspect for many other simmers here, it is the act of flying an aircraft in as close-to-real a manner as is possible - that is what it is all about.

47 minutes ago, neilhewitt said:

Like others here, my big bugbear is the 3rd party support and in particular key add-ons that have just not been updated and are on the 'you'll just have to wait' list

Without wanting to drag this into yet another sim versus sim argument, MSFS has a lot of potential and some native features that older sims like P3D require add-ons in order to compete.

However, as it currently stands and IMO only, the recreation of the sensation of flight is better in P3D (with the use of ActiveSky). I too recognise the feeling that Paul describes and that's why I'm thankful that v5.1 HF1 has, after many months, finally given me a flight sim experience that I can enjoy.
V5 brought better performance, better lighting, better cloud depiction, better data and UI improvements, 5.1 HF1 made it usable!

As for developers focusing on MSFS, I also find it frustrating. Then I remember that a lot of developers saw their revenues plummet to 50% or lower than what they were before the MS announcement. A year of little to no income, followed by a rash of pent-up spending and additional income from new users on MSFS stuff, meant it was a no-brainer that was the direction the developers turned their attention for the past few months.

The good news(?) is that hopefully that surge has kept the lights on for our favourite developers. If the numbers of simmers returning (and more importantly buying) are to be believed, that will at least give developers a market to sell to. It might even convince some of the 'less confident' in P3D's future to take on new P3D projects.
Orbx just recently announced the much anticipated OLC Asia, PMDG is bringing a brand new aircraft to their stable for P3D, Majestic is looking to refresh their Dash 8 and there are the multitude of other developers' projects that were already in the works.

Things are starting to look up. Have I mentioned how much I like this version of P3D?

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Go get it, guys, really.

It's good value for little money. Adds some nice details and doesn't hurt performance in my experience. 🙂

(I have the NGXu one.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do find that V5.1 HF-1 puts us in a very good place after the past year of drama and noise. I am spending all of my sim time with the great Flight1 Mustang and if you enjoy shorter range flights (1-3 hours or so) then it is worth having another look if you have not tried it. I do hope that most of the storm has passed and I am looking forward to throwing my credit card at Developers who come back home to the truly hard core sim nuts here.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Ehh no.. they have been available for a while.. lol , Yes they work with V5..

Search for A320 Immersion V2 and 737 Immersion V2. I was the mayor contributor for the source code and effects on those projects..

I am working on building more ...😉

S.

Symbol, as you like and deserve positive Feedback.  Me too i´am one of the Millons of  satisfied customers and users of yor AIRLP. Sadly i have no advantage from your immersion package as i´am in the real cockpit not usind Aerosoft & Co 👍

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif