Sign in to follow this  
Engine9

Francesco Mandelli's BolzanoVFR / ISDProject's MilanoVFR?

I have been trying in vain to find Francesco Mandelli's BolzanoVFR (~50 mb zip original but not sure)  and ISDProject's MilanoVFR (~63 mb zip original) for FS2004 that were previously available on avsim before being lost in the malicious avsim hack; all my efforts to find them on the web so far have been futile.

Would anyone here happen to have said Italian sceneries in their backup or current archives and perhaps either can re-upload them to avsim and/or send them to me or a link from where I may be able to download them? 

A photoshow/slideshow of Mandelli's BolzanoVFR is available from web archive page of Mandelli's Aliditalia site: https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.aliditalia.com/downloads/BolzanoSceneryPhotoShow.zip

Thank you so much for any and all assistance! Happy Thanksgiving!

I am aware of it, but I'd still like to have Mandelli's Bolzano and ISD's Milano as they were (i.e. original zip files) when available on avsim, prior to being lost in the hack. Thanks!

My mistake regarding ISDProject's MilanVFR: It appears it already exists in the avsim library for Fabio Ferrari uploaded a refresh of the ISD Milan photoscenery; it appears I was not looking carefully. Only Bolzano remains to be found! Thanks!

I am glad to tell you that I have this scenery in my archive.

Send me a PN with your email adress and I will hand Bolzano over to you.

Dedl

Thanks to Dedl, I have Bolzano and I am thankful to him for that!

However, I have had limited luck with Fabio Ferrari's LIML2013 which is a refresh of ISD's MilanoVFR, and for the first time after having installed many photosceneries, I get, with Fabio's scenery refresh, CTDs when flying over parts of Milan and this is a shame! a pity! for it appears, the entire MilanVFR scenery was not included in Fabio's refresh; only files that the installer installed in the MilanoVFR directory, but not files installed outside, i.e. in the root FS2004 texture directory or files elsewhere in FS2004 were not included in said release. One can upgrade their existing ISD MilanVFR installation with Fabio's refresh, but one cannot install from scratch said release. 

Accordingly, I am still in the search / on the hunt for ISDProject's MilanVFR - i.e. the original zip/installer! Thanks!

• Like 1

Solved the issue at hand: used Arno's ModelConverterX to check each scenery bgl in Fabio Ferrari's refresh of Milano for the texture files, and indeed there were two missing files, responsible for my crash-to-desktop experience: blda2.bmp and blda2_LM.bmp; blda2.bmp not necessarily because it is already in the root texture folder, but because no file by the name of blda2_LM.bmp existed in my FS install; both texture files are required by several scenery-object bgls in the Milano/LIML2013 scenery folder.

In any case my solution was to copy from my root FS2004/Texture folder: blda2.bmp and blda2LM.bmp into the LIML2013 texture folder and rename blda2LM.bmp as blda2_LM.bmp, and all is well, no more CTDs!

Many thanks to all concerned and very much appreciative of the assistance rendered. Both Milano and Bolzano work like a charm and indeed Claudio Carra's Bolzano LIPB scenery works just as well if not in tandem with Mandelli's BolzanoVFR. I also highly recommend Mandelli's VeronaVFR and TortoliVFR; the latter being available at flightsim and Verona available here at avsim, for the previews don't do the sceneries justice as much as if you try it yourselves in the sim.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 1:08 AM, hgschnell said:

Did you ever check Bolzano in February?

I get strange pictures...

lipb2bghj25.jpg

Sorry, but I don't have this issue; for me it's all snow in February in Bolzano and other seasons display as they ought to. It appears you have a faulting/conflicting file(s), for which you'd have to check your install. I apologize, I cannot be of further help.

I installed BolzanoVFR once more, but all the same.

After some modifications of my old LIPB I am very happy with it and decided to keep it.

boz12ckqe.jpg