Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Content Manager spinning - won't open

Has anyone ever solved the problem of the MSFS Content Manager simply spinning when clicked, and not opening?  I heard I should remove all mods from the Community folder.  I removed most of them and it finally opened.  I put them back in and it doesn't open.  That's ridiculous!  Is there a fix for this so that the mods I have can actually be checked for updates as well?  

Appreciate any tips on this one.

Stan

Mine takes several seconds for the spinning wheel to finish and open the CM. Have you waited enough?. Sometimes I go back to my profile and enter again in the CM and it finally loads up. Probably a bug, or caused by so many community addons installed?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

12 minutes ago, spilok said:

I put them back in and it doesn't open.

Put them back one at a time to see which one causes it.

12 minutes ago, spilok said:

Is there a fix for this so that the mods I have can actually be checked for updates as well?

The content manager only updates official and marketplace downloaded content. It has no way to tell if community folder addon is out of date.

Edited by Tuskin38

No, don’t fiddle with your system, it is the MS servers tripping over themselves.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Just now, RaptyrOne said:

No, don’t fiddle with your system, it is the MS servers tripping over themselves.

It isn't the servers as people have reported that removing certain addons fixes it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

It is the servers. When you open Content Manager, the sim heads over to the servers to check that everything is up to date. Servers are playing up right now. Trust me. I had the same issue and I do not have anything in Community that is problematic. I have exited the sim as it is irritating me now.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

39 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Trust me. 

Sorry, I don't trust you. I have had the same problem for two months, so I think if the servers were not working for two months, people would be jumping up and down with complaints.

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Probably a bug, or caused by so many community addons installed?.

Not a bug with MSFS. Check the addons that are installed in the Community folder.

To solve my problem I went through all the addons I had and found an incorrect json file in a Cessna 152 mod. Once I had installed the correct json file, the Content Manager then opened. 

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

2 minutes ago, Shug said:

Sorry, I don't trust you. I have had the same problem for two months, so I think if the servers were not working for two months, people would be jumping up and down with complaints.

Not a bug with MSFS. Check the addons that are installed in the Community folder.

To solve my problem I went through all the addons I had and found an incorrect json file in a Cessna 152 mod. Once I had installed the correct json file, the Content Manager then opened. 

I don’t have any issues. Was trying to help the fellow in the OP. The CM sometimes takes several seconds to open, even if you don’t have any faulty addin in your Community folder.  To me it’s certainly something that MS should check.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 minutes ago, Shug said:

I have had the same problem for two months, so I think if the servers were not working for two months, people would be jumping up and down with complaints.

Wow, for two months and now only raising it. And yes, as of right now, multiple threads and posts here on Avsim and MSFS forums about the servers having issues. This is fact my freind.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

It is definitely the content manager being fragile about something in the Community folder it doesn't like the look of. I am trying to trace the offending item myself, and it is likely to be a json file.

Edit.  About the servers.  It may well check them, but that isnt the root cause. Stalling over an add on that it doesn't like IS the cause.  Many people have found just one offending item to be pruned out and then it loads. Put that item back in and it stalls again.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Not the server's I'm afraid.

If I remove all my free add-ons (apart from a couple like Paderborn) it produces a list instantly - if I put my add-ons back in it never produces a list.

I'm not sure which one(s) cause this, but to pin it down would just waste time when I can quickly copy from one Nvme M.2 drive to another.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

8 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Wow, for two months and now only raising it.

I just hadn't bothered trying to find out what was causing it. When I decided to take the time to look into it, it took a while but I found that the issue was not with the servers.

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

I have about twenty items in my  community folder.  All in, stalls for ever.  All out, loads almost instantly.

I will try to find the offender by spiralling in on it tonight.  E.g. take the top ten out and see what happens. The offender will be in one half or the other. The divide the non-loading half into half again, five and five, and go again.  I suspect the shipping traffic though as it is my most recent add on, so I will take that out first.

It would be interesting to compare notes on the offending items.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I have about twenty items in my  community folder.  All in, stalls for ever.  All out, loads almost instantly.

I will try to find the offender by spiralling in on it tonight.  E.g. take the top ten out and see what happens. The offender will be in one half or the other. The divide the non-loading half into half again, five and five, and go again.  I suspect the shipping traffic though as it is my most recent add on, so I will take that out first.

It would be interesting to compare notes on the offending items.

Mine was doing it before I added the shipping traffic mod

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

39 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Mine was doing it before I added the shipping traffic mod

Thanks.  👍  That's the first one off the list then!  😁