Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

CYVR by FSimStudios: opinions needed

7 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Have  you unticked dynamic lighting? As a side note, I think this DL is a bit of a farce. It seems it's unuseable most of the time for most simmers.

Wow! 13 fps boost w/o dynamic lighting. But, that really is a shame to have to disable that effect. Flight simmer's curse through the ages: quality vs. performance.

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Which dashed lines are you referring to Rob? I'm searching around and I the only dashed lines I see are runway centerlines and I'm not seeing any Antialiasing issues. Can you post a screenshot?

Same, I don't see any dashed lines at all. I wonder if Rob is having issues with a conflicting scenery. 

Sante Sottile

3 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

13 fps boost w/o dynamic lighting. But, that really is a shame to have to disable that effect.

It's still more than good enough and there's no way that I'm going to disable it, everything has a price.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, DModjo said:

Why isn't it available on Orbx?

no kidding.  I can't recall orbx ever taking this long with an update

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

Wow! 13 fps boost w/o dynamic lighting. But, that really is a shame to have to disable that effect. Flight simmer's curse through the ages: quality vs. performance.

Are you running dynamic lighting while using SSAA? Using shadows?

iniBuilds creates excellent-performing DL, so I am surprised to hear that you're having such a noticeable impact.

The only time I get horrific DL performance is when using SSAA instead of MSAA, and when anything other than user aircraft casts shadows.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

56 minutes ago, F737NG said:

iniBuilds creates excellent-performing DL, so I am surprised to hear that you're having such a noticeable impact.

The only time I get horrific DL performance is when using SSAA instead of MSAA, and when anything other than user aircraft casts shadows.

No. I've turned off shadows. And I've used inibuilds before, with little or no impact on performance.Yes, I am using MSAA. For comparison, CYVR v1 with hotfix, using PMDG 737: fps at gate with cold dark cockpit was 20-23 fps at night. With v1.1 That dropped to 13-17 fps at night. Disabling DL gives me 26-28 fps at night. So, I'm not sure what changed between v1 and v1.1, especially since FSS was able to glean some improved performance on their end. The airport is still fantastic, I just might need to do more day flying.

12 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Which dashed lines are you referring to Rob? I'm searching around and I the only dashed lines I see are runway centerlines and I'm not seeing any Antialiasing issues. Can you post a screenshot?

Hi Dave,

I received a reply from Gabriel at FSimStudios and he says the issue will be resolved with the update (v1.1):

"Regarding the pixelation on the edges, this was a problem with mipmapping, and has been fixed in V1.1 (waiting for ORBX to upload, it's undergoing internal testing)."

Here is a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/QT1av04

I will reinstall and check where the scenery is layered.  I did use the synch option in Orbx Central after installing the scenery.  Maybe there are some leftover .bgl files in the Prepar3D v5 Scenery folder. 

@Tino - Hi pal, I see that you have moved!

Edited by HUSSAR

\Robert Hamlich/

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

This turned out to be my problem, that is, using MSAA instead of SSAA.

With those conditions set, works perfect.

• Like 1

How has Orbx still not uploaded the 1.1 patch? If they want to become the Steam of flight sim add-ons, they have to do better than this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

not sure why this took them so long at orbx.  But they did put a post in their forum yesterday saying the orbx patch will be up within 48 hrs. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I now have the update showing in ORBX.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

41 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I now have the update showing in ORBX.

Same, updating now. It's about time.

Updating a product that you are not directly marketing has always involved a delay between the announcement and the availability of the update. There is nothing new or indeed wrong with this process that the smallest amount of patience could not allow for. It seems that for some it is in very short supply indeed.

I'm happy with the update.  Lighting drastically improved.  I didn't notice any performance issues either.  Also that vancouver skyline looks amazing now

• Like 1