Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

CYVR by FSimStudios: opinions needed

I have found that there is a Vancouver CYVR by FSimStudios on sale at €20 at Orbx, that is twice the price of FSDT CYVR. For some personal reasons I don't want to buy CYVR FSDT product.

I've never bought anything from FSimStudios but the screenshots look good and there's some additional scenery around the airport (city, etc.).

How does FSimStudios compare to FlyTampa, Flightbeam, Taxi2Gate, Pacsim products (which I own)?

How about FPS?

Thanks.

- TONY -

I just got it today. Literally landed there three minutes ago.

I'm very pleased with it. Good textures, good modelling, nice rain effects on the ground, very good FPS on my system. Can recommend.

Definitely a good one.

Edited by flycln
  • Like 1

Agree. It's a good scenery already, plus the developers will give it some improvements within the next few weeks.

https://fsnews.eu/fsimstudios-updates-vancouver-for-p3d/

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I think when it comes to the style of the depiction (colors and textures), their work reminds me most of Flightbeam. Not too saturated, it feels... real?

I'm tempted to get their Edmonton scenery as well, but Edmonton is in such a dull area. 😛 Can anybody chime in?

Edited by flycln

10 minutes ago, flycln said:

I just got it today. Literally landed there three minutes ago.

I'm very pleased with it. Good textures, good modelling, nice rain effects on the ground, very good FPS on my system. Can recommend.

Definitely a good one.

Hey does this work well with Orbx PNW and does it install in the library (does it give you that option in Orbx Direct)

Can you please post some pics

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Yes It plays chiefs with pacific nw. You can install Vancouver straight from orbx central. I like the scenery a lot. Some terminal lighting issues at night. But they said improvements are coming 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

9 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Hey does this work well with Orbx PNW and does it install in the library (does it give you that option in Orbx Direct)

Can you please post some pics

Anything in particular you'd like to see?

Dyh3TwX.jpg

9wMcLIC.jpg

42yzRQb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Textures on short final also quite nice, I always notice it when devs get that wrong. Blurry finals are annoying.

d1gYupX.jpg

ORBX Central Options:

fZ7Vvzw.jpg

Edited by flycln
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I do nt have this scenery yet, but it definitely looks very good to me. That said, I do not have a vested interested in CYVR, so I'll probably pass on it until a bigger sale comes along...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I live in Vancouver and until the pandemic flew into and out of CYVR regularly IRL, so I know the airport and its environs pretty well. I had FSDT Vancouver, but as soon as FSimStudios released their version of CYVR, I bought it. I much prefer FSS's Vancouver: it is a more recent rendition of the airport, has better graphics then FSDT's (e.g., runway markings, buildings, etc.), plus FSS fixed some outdated downtown Vancouver scenery (e.g., the roof on BC Place). I'm very happy with FSS CYVR, as you can tell.

I also have FSS's Kelowna (CYLW) and Edmonton (CYEG), as I fly regularly to those airports, too. Both airports are very well done; I have no complaints and feel I got my money's worth.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Thanks to all for your kind feedback for FSS CYVR.

- TONY -

If you buy direct from them it's even cheaper if you use code ‘BLACKFRIDAY20‘ . That is what I  just did.

FSimStudio

• Like 1