Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

CYVR by FSimStudios: opinions needed

2 hours ago, Samaritano said:

If you buy direct from them it's even cheaper if you use code ‘BLACKFRIDAY20‘ . That is what I  just did.

FSimStudio

Oh my god, THANK you for posting this. The price difference is actually substantial! I just got it for 18.75$ at FSS' own store, while it seems to be 23$ at OrbX. Then redeemed the FSS key at OrbX so I can still download it through there...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 hours ago, Samaritano said:

If you buy direct from them it's even cheaper if you use code ‘BLACKFRIDAY20‘ . That is what I  just did.

FSimStudio

Many thanks for the tip.

- TONY -

In my mind it's hard not to support guys like FSimstudios.  Most of us here are staying with P3D because we value high level aircraft.  They are one of the few who are actually stepping up and providing new material.  And their scenery is very good.  I'm also in line to buy their halifax scenery when it's released for P3D.  Also they are very responsive to any issues I've had.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 11/26/2020 at 5:00 PM, F737NG said:

Agree. It's a good scenery already, plus the developers will give it some improvements within the next few weeks.

https://fsnews.eu/fsimstudios-updates-vancouver-for-p3d/

This is good news as P3D v5.1hf1 just VRAM'ed out of memory and this is with a 1080Ti. Will refrain from flying here until they update it or I finally find a RTX3090. 

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

This is good news as P3D v5.1hf1 just VRAM'ed out of memory and this is with a 1080Ti. Will refrain from flying here until they update it or I finally find a RTX3090. 

What kind of aircraft, weather and AI combination are you using? I just flew in there with 5.1 hf1 in the QW 787 with ActiveSky on as well as FTX PNW, and 225 ai in the area and the highest I saw was 6.8 out of 10.1 at 1440P. 

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

44 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

What kind of aircraft, weather and AI combination are you using? I just flew in there with 5.1 hf1 in the QW 787 with ActiveSky on as well as FTX PNW, and 225 ai in the area and the highest I saw was 6.8 out of 10.1 at 1440P. 

Weather was IFR for sure with rain, FSL Airbus, Vatsim, EA on in 5.1HF1 and ASP3D. Was around 8.6 but when I went from full screen to window, that initial load got me. 

Eric 

This will most likely not help you, as you are reaching the VRAM limit. But just in case: Having bathymetry activated made CYVR unusable for me and always resulted in a DXGI error.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Got the scenery for €16,4 directly from the FSS website. Did a quick flight: I'm happy 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

- TONY -

I'm a bit late to the party, but just picked up this scenery to upgrade from the very out-of-date and somewhat inaccurate FSDT version.

I thought, well, I need to turn off some eye-candy and just accept a few fps loss on my 6700K and 1060 6GB, but no. That's not what happened. I disabled some usually fps-intensive stuff like static airplanes and the floating logs in the river, and I gained (that's right, GAINED) 5-8 fps compared to the FSDT scenery. Best part? There's no longer that frame drop at around 1.5 mile final because of the day FSDT uses Addon Manager to handle scenery loading from the VAS-limited FSX days.

I spent some time with the interior turned on and went to all the spots I used to go spotting in real life, and boy did that bring back some memory of back when I lived there.

Overall, it's a solid 15 out of 10 for me. Well worth the money.

P.S. It also blends in with Orbx FTX PNW better than the FSDT version because of the slightly interesting color theme choices FSDT made, but the difference is relatively minor. As it stands, I see the FSDT version, in its current state, as way overpriced compared to the benchmark this version sets. The only advantage I can think of with the FSDT version is the SafeDock system at the gates, but you can customize a gate to have SafeDock anywhere with GSX regardless of the scenery anyway.

• Like 5

Haoning Qu

6 hours ago, light_blue_yonder said:

I thought, well, I need to turn off some eye-candy and just accept a few fps loss on my 6700K and 1060 6GB, but no. That's not what happened. I disabled some usually fps-intensive stuff like static airplanes and the floating logs in the river, and I gained (that's right, GAINED) 5-8 fps compared to the FSDT scenery. Best part? There's no longer that frame drop at around 1.5 mile final because of the day FSDT uses Addon Manager to handle scenery loading from the VAS-limited FSX days.

How were you able to turn off the logs in the river?

15 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

This can be configured in Orbx Central.

My overall experience with this has been great, FSimStudios are really becoming one of my favourite developers.  The fact that they included logs in the river on approach to 26R is a pretty cool detail...it's one of those things I always notice in real life on approach to YVR.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, AirCanada235 said:

Orbx Central, like regis9 said. I believe it's also configurable ONLY in Orbx Central as well. I just bought it from FSimStudios and redeemed the key on Orbx Direct and downloaded from there, so I don't know if FSimStudios include a configurator in their installer.

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

FSimStudios are really becoming one of my favourite developers.  The fact that they included logs in the river on approach to 26R is a pretty cool detail...it's one of those things I always notice in real life on approach to YVR.

I own and still use their really old Calgary scenery which works in P3DV4... kind of. Lighting is tragic and sometimes downright broken, but it's still the best Calgary scenery I can find out there. Compared to YVR though, it is not good. It's pretty amazing to see how much they've progressed, and that's actually what I look for when I buy scenery. It's not necessarily what they are already doing; it's more about how is it compared to what they were doing this time last year. That's why I buy scenery from guys like FlyTampa, ImagineSim, FSimStudios, and moving away from FSDT in terms of scenery (GSX is still freaking amazing though).

P.S. FsDreamTeam scenery is still good, it's not like they took a step back suddenly. It's just that a lot of the effects they use in their scenery "feels" really outdated for my personal taste.

• Like 2

Haoning Qu

I added FSS CYVR yesterday and spent time at their website pondering the download update they have available, which doesn't work I guess unless you install scenery to the P3D root folder and I'm not doing that.  So I forgot about that update and flew a PMDG WJA 737-800 Palm Springs to Vancouver in the evening.  Arrival displayed nice lighting around populated areas and approach, landing and taxi were all most satisfactory with P3Dv5.1HF1 and ASP3D/ASCA.  It really does look much better than the old FSDT!

FlightAware indicted WJA1723 arrived at Gate E85, which I assume means Ramp 6E Gate 85... but there is no 85 and I pulled into 84 in I expect to be about the right place.  There is no 85 on the Jepps and in the scenery so not sure what FlightAware was intending.

Dan Downs KCRP

24 minutes ago, downscc said:

I added FSS CYVR yesterday and spent time at their website pondering the download update they have available, which doesn't work I guess unless you install scenery to the P3D root folder and I'm not doing that.

Why not just manually add the files from the update's 'src' folder to your respective FSS CYVR scenery and texture folders?
Avoids using the installer.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Why not just manually add the files from the update's 'src' folder to your respective FSS CYVR scenery and texture folders?
Avoids using the installer.

I'll have another look.... I looked for files to install but only saw the installer.  Thanks.

EDIT:  Okay now I remember, I did look in the SRC folder and hesitated because only the AF file had the same file name as existing installed files.  I looked for instructions or a forum and found nothing (I'm not familiar with Facebook LOL).  Okay, will try just copying those as soon as current session is completed.  Thanks again.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP