Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

CYVR by FSimStudios: opinions needed

Have they released version 1.1 yet with the performance improvement and updated downtown area?

Eric 

5 hours ago, downscc said:

I added FSS CYVR yesterday and spent time at their website pondering the download update they have available, which doesn't work I guess unless you install scenery to the P3D root folder and I'm not doing that.  So I forgot about that update and flew a PMDG WJA 737-800 Palm Springs to Vancouver in the evening.  Arrival displayed nice lighting around populated areas and approach, landing and taxi were all most satisfactory with P3Dv5.1HF1 and ASP3D/ASCA.  It really does look much better than the old FSDT!

FlightAware indicted WJA1723 arrived at Gate E85, which I assume means Ramp 6E Gate 85... but there is no 85 and I pulled into 84 in I expect to be about the right place.  There is no 85 on the Jepps and in the scenery so not sure what FlightAware was intending.

I just checked the latest navcanada parking area chart and 85 is between 83 and 86. Interestingly there is no 84. The plot thickens. 

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Have they released version 1.1 yet with the performance improvement and updated downtown area?

No, but it should be this week.

1 hour ago, dpergau said:

I just checked the latest navcanada parking area chart and 85 is between 83 and 86. Interestingly there is no 84. The plot thickens. 

84 is there, just not an actual parking spot for an aircraft. It's a passenger holding area for the group of East remote stands now in place where a parking lot used to be and which will be as I'm told included in an update to the scenery.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

14 hours ago, downscc said:

I'll have another look.... I looked for files to install but only saw the installer.  Thanks.

I personally really recommend redeeming your key on Orbx Direct and install via Orbx Central. It's so much more convenient.

FlightAware indicted WJA1723 arrived at Gate E85, which I assume means Ramp 6E Gate 85... but there is no 85 and I pulled into 84 in I expect to be about the right place.  There is no 85 on the Jepps and in the scenery so not sure what FlightAware was intending.

https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/navigate-yvr/terminal-maps

This might help you. Go down to the interactive map, select "US" under "TERMINAL" and you can see where gate E85 is. According to the real life chart, the parking spot is just called "85," in the same location as gate "E85." You can download FltPlan Go (free with real life charts for Canada and US) and see for yourself. I don't know if "85" exists in the scenery though; I haven't checked, but I would hazard a guess that it is there.

Edited by light_blue_yonder
  • Like 1

Haoning Qu

13 hours ago, dpergau said:

Dan

Funny... yeah, I didn't save that flight when done and was working from memory. In my defense the Jepps have 83, 84, 86, ... and that is what I found in the scenery.

• Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

Heres a pic I just took. 84 is there inside the terminal for the pax, just not outside for the aircraft.

DSC-0155-3-copy-1389x1090.jpg

Edited by Dave_YVR
Changed photo to a mildly better one
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Heres a pic I just took. 84 is there inside the terminal for the pax, just not outside for the aircraft.

Oh yeah, I remember now. Isn't 84 one of the gates that goes both ways after you pass the door into the "outside corridor" between the departure lounge and the actual jet bridge? Like, basically gate 84 really only just allows you to use 83 or 85 jet bridge?

P.S. Man, I didn't realize how long it's been since I last stepped foot in the actual US departures area. The last couple of times have both been a midnight departure from the "International" area.

• Upvote 1

Haoning Qu

Could someone please tell me how to redeem my key into Orbx Direct so I can install via Orbx Central. I just can't see how it's done, and as recommended above," it's more convenient to deal with that way". I made my purchase from FSimStudios direct, it was cheaper that way. 

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm Hancock

Edited by rooster hancock 2003

Malcolm Hancock

@rooster hancock 2003: Go here: https://orbxdirect.com/login, Log in, enter your key, and if it gets recognized, you're all set!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

46 minutes ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

Thank you Dave, that did it!

Apologies, somehow ended up giving you the wrong link I see 😅 Meant to give you the one Dave posted. Glad you got it sorted.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case