Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

CYVR by FSimStudios: opinions needed

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Does anyone know whether v1.1 has been released?

It doesn't seem so yet. Their original target was for this week, but they have been largely silent. They usually release announcements on FB.

• Like 2

Here is FSS statement on v1.1 release:

Hello Everyone,
Vancouver v1.1 is currently on final BETA testing. We are expecting a release within the next 24 hours (ORBX might take slightly more to receive the update).
The full (lengthy) changelog, as well as screenshots, will be posted soon.
Now with v1.1 out, and the airport fully updated as of November 2020, we will be focusing full time on the MSFS version.

Hopefully some memory optimization ... You should be able to run this with a 2080S without running out of vram

I installed FSimStudios CYVR the other day and did not like it.  Although I do appreciate the updated scenery all the aprons, taxiways and runways are lined with dashed lines that flash and cannot be toned down with AA settings adjustments.  The terminal windows are see thru and graphics are quite simple in my opinion and look like a simple FSX rendered airport.  Maybe I missed the setup options in Orbx Central so I will have another look.

\Robert Hamlich/

I recently installed it and really like it.

I hope they add more Canadian sceneries in the future.

Mark

58 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

I installed FSimStudios CYVR the other day and did not like it.  Although I do appreciate the updated scenery all the aprons, taxiways and runways are lined with dashed lines that flash and cannot be toned down with AA settings adjustments.  The terminal windows are see thru and graphics are quite simple in my opinion and look like a simple FSX rendered airport.  Maybe I missed the setup options in Orbx Central so I will have another look.

The "dashed" runway centerline is a Canadian thing. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

29 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

It's to allow for deer, caribou and moose crossing the active runway...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

in the day its not a bad airport.  at night however its not good at all.   shame.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

What I meant was that the airport ground surfaces are bordered by small dashed lines which look horrible to me.

\Robert Hamlich/

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

in the day its not a bad airport.  at night however its not good at all.   shame.

I believe this is one of the things they are addressing- inibuilds is making the light ting on the taxiways brighter and they said the would illuminate the terminal buildings so they didn't look like the power was out.

Dashed runways centerlines is an ICAO thing, they are all like that.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

On 12/5/2020 at 7:09 AM, Boeingnut said:

Here is FSS statement on v1.1 release:

Hello Everyone,
Vancouver v1.1 is currently on final BETA testing. We are expecting a release within the next 24 hours (ORBX might take slightly more to receive the update).
The full (lengthy) changelog, as well as screenshots, will be posted soon.
Now with v1.1 out, and the airport fully updated as of November 2020, we will be focusing full time on the MSFS version.

Its been over 24 hrs.... just sayin'

7 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

Its been over 24 hrs.... just sayin'

The update was actually just released only 55 minutes according to their FB feed and I got my email about 5 minutes ago. Overall, that's really not bad at all!

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Copy and paste from the email. 

“It is recommended to uninstall V1 before installing the new version. 

Changelog:

- Apron 6 (East of the International & Transborder terminal) added.
- Rent-a-car buildings moved/deleted to accommodate for the new Apron 6, following real-life changes.
- Airport gate numbering (ECHO and International terminal) updated as of November 2020.
- Taxi centrelines improved, including orange/green alternating lights on high-speed runway exits.
- Night lighting significantly improved. 
- Dynamic Lighting performance improved.
- Dynamic Lighting effects, brightness, and placement improved. 
- Terminal interior lights up correctly at night. Terminal windows are now brighter and more transparent at night.
- AFCAD improvements. 
- Winter environments improved. Winter is now optional and can be manually activated or deactivated through the scenery configurator. 
- Automatic season changes removed. Now season changes must be done manually, due to discrepancies on the changes of season for Vancouver.
- VAS performance improved. Reduced VAS consumption on P3D v5 by up to 30% with ZERO visible quality loss.
- Slight performance boosts.
- Vehicle animations added. 
- Downtown Vancouver improved: Hand-edited custom modeled autogen, based on OSM data, with a minimal performance impact. Textured based on photos from real-life buildings. 
- Lions Gate bridge now has night lighting.
- Improvements on the aerial images.
- Ground Service equipment clutter improved around the airport.
- Static aircrafts improved. 
- Helicopters and commercial aircraft can now be deactivated independently.
- SODE Jetway static positions changed to match ground markings.
- Default windsocks excluded. 
- Improved configurator tool.
- WET-FX improvements.
- SODE-Controlled weather-dependent changes adapted to be compatible with the new manual season switch. 
- Airport 3D Grass edited to be compatible with the new airport changes.
- Ground polygon and taxiway edge textures improved and resized for VAS reduction.
- Asphalt/concrete surfaces are now solid (no "kicking grass" effect).
- Other minor bug fixes.”

Edited by Samaritano
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Has the update showed up on orbx yet for anybody?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next