Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

CYVR by FSimStudios: opinions needed

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

Has the update showed up on orbx yet for anybody?

Not yet for me either, I keep checking.  Love their sceneries!

Well, the updated scenery is awesome. However, for whatever reason, my FPS at night have taken a nose dive. This is a surprise, considering that there was supposed to be a boost in overall performance. Except for cars in the parking lot, all other enhancements have been disabled, with no positive effect.

3 minutes ago, Boeingnut said:

Well, the updated scenery is awesome. However, for whatever reason, my FPS at night have taken a nose dive. This is a surprise, considering that there was supposed to be a boost in overall performance. Except for cars in the parking lot, all other enhancements have been disabled, with no positive effect.

Well, that sucks.

Eric 

8 minutes ago, Boeingnut said:

Is this in P3Dv5?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have the new version in V5.

Worse frames in the daytime (it was raining however) until I unchecked DL, then it's OK.

I know, weird.

46 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

1.1 is not in the ORBX yet

Not that it matters, reports above suggest the scenery is even worse performance wise than before. Another example of a developer having an incompetent beta test program

Eric 

Was it heavy on performance, especially FPS, before the update as well?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

for whatever reason, my FPS at night have taken a nose dive. 

Have  you unticked dynamic lighting? As a side note, I think this DL is a bit of a farce. It seems it's unuseable most of the time for most simmers.

• Upvote 3

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Is it just me or has this still not arrived on ORBX Central?

No complaints about performance on my end. I tried it at night as well and the new DL looks incredible! Loving this update so far. The buildings downtown are much improved and plentiful as well. My only request now would be to have the Alex Fraser bridge added in. It's just iconic to a 26 arrival.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Bigt said:

Is it just me or has this still not arrived on ORBX Central?

Nothin'

I tried installing in P3D v5 again and checked all the configuration settings and everything was active.  AA issues with the dashed lines around the runway, taxiway and apron borders continues. I have uninstalled CYVR and sent a support request in to customer service. Honestly, this scenery looks more like freeware than payware.

\Robert Hamlich/

1 hour ago, HUSSAR said:

AA issues with the dashed lines around the runway, taxiway and apron borders continues.

Which dashed lines are you referring to Rob? I'm searching around and I the only dashed lines I see are runway centerlines and I'm not seeing any Antialiasing issues. Can you post a screenshot?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS