Sign in to follow this  
Aussieflyer38

Carenado Manuals in MSFS

I've purchased two Carenado aircraft through MSFS, the M20R Ovation and the recently released PA44 Seminole and I can't find where MS puts the manuals. Can someone point me in the right direction to find them. Thanks

Don

Absolutely as I was just reading the pre-flight checklist for the PA 44 and as you may have noticed by the recent posting was unable to even start one engine lol.

c:\user\[username]\appdata\local\Microsoft\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-pa44-seminole\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_PA44_Seminole\Documentation

Similarly navigate up to the OneStore directory and locate the carenado-aircraft-m20r (something like that) and move down to the Documentation directory for that bird.

• Like 1

Documentation file-path: ....\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-pa44-seminole\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_PA44_Seminole\Documentation

PA44 Seminole Autopilot
PA44 Seminole Emergency Procedures
PA44 Seminole Normal Procedures
PA44 Seminole Performance tables
PA44 Seminole Reference

19 minutes ago, OSM said:

Documentation file-path: ....\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-pa44-seminole\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_PA44_Seminole\Documentation

PA44 Seminole Autopilot
PA44 Seminole Emergency Procedures
PA44 Seminole Normal Procedures
PA44 Seminole Performance tables
PA44 Seminole Reference

You owe me a Coke!  LOL

• Like 1

For STEAM version t would be

\PACKAGES\Official\Steam\carenado-aircraft-m20r-ovation\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_M20R_Ovation\Documentation

• Like 1

James

4 hours ago, badgenes said:

You owe me a Coke!  LOL

😃

fd2ecc08614cd4069a5178db01710db5--coca-c

Edited by OSM

On 11/27/2020 at 8:33 PM, badgenes said:

You owe me a Coke!  LOL

Looks like someone beat me to it - enjoy 😄

Don 

• Like 1

I finally discovered the documentation for my Carenado PA28 Arrow III, recently purchased through MSFS Marketplace, had been put in a slightly different location:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_PA28_Arrow_III\Documentation

It is a shame that looking for these manuals in MSFS is like trying to find the Holy Grail. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

C:\Users\Jordan\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

mines empty? i really need my manuals!

Any ideas?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I bought the Carenado Seneca and also can't find the documentation in this map. Are there other possibilities?

For those of you that have located the documentation, here is something to watch out for - if you move the docs to a new folder (I moved them all to my regular documents area to get them out of my extremely obtuse MS Store file path):

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2610037304-2891976329-3409416837-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-pa34-senecav\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_PA34_Seneca_V\Documentation,

you might not be able to open them...

• Moved to standard folder - unable to open them with Acrobat (security issue sited)
  • Moved them back - unable to open with Acrobat (improper link issue sited)
  • Made copies of the docs and put them in my regular flight docs folder - unable to open with Acrobat, now claiming encryption blocking access
  • Acrobat asks whether I want encryption removed - I say, Yes!"
  • Acrobat opens documents  🙄

Yay!

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke