Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

How to disable cloud reflections on water?

Interesting I flew the x cub to Friday Harbor last night and saw the same thing - something I had never seen before and I assumed it was something new to the sim???  Same thoughts though it looks TERRIBLE. 

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

3 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Interesting I flew the x cub to Friday Harbor last night and saw the same thing - something I had never seen before and I assumed it was something new to the sim???  Same thoughts though it looks TERRIBLE. 

Please take a screenshot and open a Zendesk ticket: Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

The more we are, the sooner they will fix it.

Thanks

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

37 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

DX12 with DXR (ray tracing) will fix this, not DX12 alone. You need DX12, DXR implementation in the game and a DXR capable graphics card.

With the current implementation (raster), only what's visible on the screen generates reflections. So if a part of the aircraft is between the observer and the object supposed to generate the reflection, or the object is out of the field of view for any other reason, the reflection will not occur.

There is a long way to go, but in the next years we will experience an evolution of the graphics like we never imagined before.

Your just trying to cheer me up! 😄  Well it has worked on me; at least for today! 👍

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Seriouisly, I then wonder why P3D never had this issue with their water reflections? 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

It does sort of explain why they have unrealistically big waves at lower wind speeds.

I had sort of assumed they were just catering to the screenshot crowd but maybe there is more to it.

• Like 1

Just started doing the Alaska Bush Trip.  Yeah, the cloud reflections on the water are pathetic.  Did you figure out a solution mrfuzzy?!  And did it do it for your other trip  you said you were doing?!

Bruce

Bruce Wood

On 4/9/2021 at 11:10 PM, CPC900 said:

Just started doing the Alaska Bush Trip.  Yeah, the cloud reflections on the water are pathetic.  Did you figure out a solution mrfuzzy?!  And did it do it for your other trip  you said you were doing?!

Bruce

There is no solution, those blocky reflections occur every time there are clouds in the sky and no wind. You cannot change wind or weather in bush trips so you have to live with it.

I also posted on the official forum and opened a ticket at that time. Curiously, the Alaska bush trip has been updated recently (100~ MByte if I'm not wrong) but I see that the issue remains.

The other bush trips are not affected.

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png