Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Eurofighter Typhoon released for MSFS

28 minutes ago, wim123 said:

some ppl are very entitled here.

if you dont like the sim, dont play it, easy.

Everyone has that option, but how does that help to improve some very obvious failings in the way this sim is progressing.

• Like 1

John B

1 hour ago, wim123 said:

some ppl are very entitled here.

if you dont like the sim, dont play it, easy.

I'm hoping this post was not directed at me?  If it was not, disregard the text below.

If so, I'll give you a chance to review a few hundred of my previous posts and give you a chance to alter your comment.  If, after reviewing my posts you feel your comments are still valid, I'll post my response to them. 😉  (Unless that makes me sound too "entitled") 🙄

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I'm hoping this post was not directed at me?  If it was not, disregard the text below.

If so, I'll give you a chance to review a few hundred of my previous posts and give you a chance to alter your comment.  If, after reviewing my posts you feel your comments are still valid, I'll post my response to them. 😉  (Unless that makes me sound too "entitled") 🙄

Some people can't handle the truth, Steve 

• Like 1

Fire the backwards facing missile as the plane leaves the factory, and solve the problem of any more quality releases from the same developer.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Fire the backwards facing missile as the plane leaves the factory, and solve the problem of any more quality releases from the same developer.

Best post of the day! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Todd2 said:

Some people can't handle the truth, Steve 

truth seems some of you ppl cannot handle issues very well.

the sim has loads or problems yes, but its possibe to fly in such a way there is no issue.

its going to take a looong time before it really will be a sim for the hardcore users.

i enjoy the game immensely, and it goes about how i thought it would go, with lotsa issues with every update.

ans iff ppl cannot thandle the issues, better stay for a while with the old sims , instead of complaining all the time.

If you go read the SDK, it has a giant list of SimVars and basically says "we tested if these can be read from/written to and that's it".

Shows how much this thing is a Frankenstein of a modern graphics engine with FSX legacy code shoved into it.  They haven't even verified that all the FSX code (which Asobo didn't write) is working properly!

Every time they try to replace the FSX stuff with their own stuff, it's a disaster.....

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

If you go read the SDK, it has a giant list of SimVars and basically says "we tested if these can be read from/written to and that's it".

Shows how much this thing is a Frankenstein of a modern graphics engine with FSX legacy code shoved into it.  They haven't even verified that all the FSX code (which Asobo didn't write) is working properly!

Every time they try to replace the FSX stuff with their own stuff, it's a disaster.....

We are all enjoying the sim.  We can gripe every now and again 

11 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

OMG...I just had to laugh when I read one of the comments on simmarket....the person said the missile on the belly was mounted wrong....and when you look at one of the release pics...sure enough....mounted backwards!  Must be that top secret rear-firing weapon we've never heard of!🤣

C'mon Steve, everyone knows that backwards firing missile was developed by the US Navy (I think it was even while you were serving!)  The French just stole it😂

I was hoping the Eurofighter would hold up to one of those wonderful Drabek Industries' paint jobs, but that would probably just stress and crack the aircraft's skin even further, making it unflyable.  We must have this thing in the air as there's bandits to shoot down...all flying on this jet's six o'clock😂😆

Chris Sunseri

What I can't understand is how can someone (a professional developer) look at his/her 🙄 final offering and say "I'm happy with that, put it on the market and charge money for it."  

You can see the work of amateurs putting out far superior quality for FREE! 

Having said that, if people are prepared to shell out for inferior goods, so be it. It's their dollar,

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Made my day and I had a pretty good day.  🤣😁😂

Edited by Bill Griffith

Bill  N7IBG     

6 hours ago, wim123 said:

truth seems some of you ppl cannot handle issues very well.

the sim has loads or problems yes, but its possibe to fly in such a way there is no issue.

its going to take a looong time before it really will be a sim for the hardcore users.

i enjoy the game immensely, and it goes about how i thought it would go, with lotsa issues with every update.

ans iff ppl cannot thandle the issues, better stay for a while with the old sims , instead of complaining all the time.

Guess either your new here or you couldn't follow instructions very well.  The guy who responded to you has been very vocal in his support for MSFS2020 and has been very patient with MS/AS until obviously this thread post. . I took a very long break from the hobby (fs2004) and came back to these forums to see very familiar and respectable names that have put in countless hours of work for the benefit of the flightsim community AS A WHOLE.... Goodwill and patience isn't infinite my friend.. at some point the expectation of progress and improvement must be demonstrated with action and not only words.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

11 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

If it were me...1st things I'd do:

• Fire the director of the Marketplace, hire a new one who would have to pass this simple test:
    • PMDG, AS, FSL, AS, REX, FSDT, FB, A2A, BBS, Carenado, @robert young etc (I know there a dozens I missed).  TEST: Write out what the initials mean of each company.  Write one paragraph explaining how long they've been part of the community, what they sell, what their flagship product is, their standing in the community, and how you would market their products.
  • Fire the entire avionics team.  Put @robert young, @Bert Pieke and the guys at Working Title in charge.
  • Fire the folks responsible for the live weather.  Require them to work with the long-standing 3rd party devs that have been doing flightsim weather and environments forever.  Put @fppilot in charge of the Division.
  • Fire the person who thinks you should see blue taxiway lights at night, from 25 miles away from the airport. In such detail that you can count the individual bulbs.  Hire ANY person who's seen an airport at night from 25 miles away to configure the lighting you should see at airports from a distance.
  • Please add your termination-letter recipients at MS/AS where you think appropriate. 😉 

I have been off the forums for a bit. Returned tonight and must say you guys are giving me a good laugh tonight. I still have not made a purchase from the Marketplace and thought I would bring this post to the top again. While on the side of humour, if the words in this post come to fruition, this sim would certainly be going in an improved direction. I assume that the majority of products of this nature continue to be rushed to the marketplace for revenue (and quick sales) rather than setting the bar for quality. Great insight Steve!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

At least we all know now that the Marketplace has no minimum standard for quality. They will sell utter garbage without any quality control. At this rate we will see half baked, dysfunctional FSX port-overs on the marketplace soon. With this outlook, the Marketplace is destined to become like a local bazaar where anything and everything goes. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor