Sign in to follow this  
Guest jboweruk

Near Miss!! in London

Trick of the eye. Extreme depth of field in the camera lens. I bet he had it zoomed to the max, therefore he lost about half a dozen f-stops in the process.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

just reading some airliners.net posts. I wonder if they also write the news! someone claimed the lower plane was a 737! another said it might be an air hong kong a300!! lol! dont tell them dhl or any of its subsidiaries own 737s nor does air hong kong operate the old dhl colors.didnt the bbc report first claim the japan air was an a330?

slight correction, dhl does operate a 737 but only in asia and around australia.

The DHL plane is an A300, whilst the JAL plane is a 777-300ER :). The photo is deceptive, due to the camera lens and relative sizes of the aircraft:)

Guest CRJ700FO

the point that it is crap is the fact that DHL banks to the left to "avoid the collision" or turn on course.TCAS NEVER deals in left/right it ALWAYS tells you to either climb or descend.this is simply the stupid press creating a story.

Guest jboweruk

>Well they would hardly admit it anyway, would they?>>Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim>User's Group' member at>http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/You'd be surprised, we know about pretty much everything listed as an "airmiss" here in UK as there's always a fuss over it. This was simply made too much of by too many people, especially the media sensationalising as usual. Heck even my mom thinks 1000' is too close for aircraft. Whereas I'm of the opinion that 500' as is being proposed is plenty.

I heard reports that the planes were two and a half miles apart, which seems ridiculous to me. The relative sizes of those two planes are quite accurate in those photographs, which would suggest that the separation distance was a LOT less than that.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

a friend of mine was involved in a Southwest almost fatal accident which required an emergency landing because of almost total hydralic failure at an unknown military facility in the California or Nevada desert, and yet nothing ever was publicised about that.

Guest CRJ700FO

>a friend of mine was involved in a Southwest almost fatal>accident which required an emergency landing because of almost>total hydralic failure at an unknown military facility in the>California or Nevada desert, and yet nothing ever was>publicised about that.i take it you also believe that airliners release chemicals into the air to poison the population in a giant government mind control experiemnt....http://www.carnicom.com/contrails.htm

give me a break mr strawman. either add to the discussion or sit in the corner

Guest CRJ700FO

>give me a break mr strawman. either add to the discussion or>sit in the corneri did add to it. i told you it is simply media hype through an optical illusion.i even told you why re: TCAS and collision avoidance.i know its hard, but these pesky FACTS just keep getting in the way.