Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

Just Flight 146 Professional?

Anyone know anything about this? Just got a mail from Just Flight regarding this 146. Anyone got it? I love the old 146/Avro airliners! This looks kind of sweet but kind of steep as well.

Regards,

Richard

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It looks pretty good, given that the best we've had for P3D before this is the QualityWings 146 (which I've really enjoyed flying in the past, but it's definitely a previous-generation airplane). Provided performance is acceptable in places like EGLC I will buy it - but will probably wait for the Avro RJ expansion / version because I prefer semi-glass over steam gauges. 

I'm sure reviews are coming now that it's out... keep an eye on the usual suspects on YouTube. 

• Like 1

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Thanks for the heads up Richard! I’ve been looking at this as well, but I’m rather surprised by the price tag of $85 😳 Having said that, I’d be happy to buy if reviews are good. 

Cheers,

Pete

• Upvote 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

7 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Thanks for the heads up Richard! I’ve been looking at this as well, but I’m rather surprised by the price tag of $85 😳 Having said that, I’d be happy to buy if reviews are good. 

Cheers,

Pete

Yes, at that price point it sure will have to be more than the old version. If that is the case, however, I'll probably be getting it. Really like that old bird. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I am actually encouraged by the price. It suggests to me that JustFlight have created something that has a lot of depth and detail to it. I may just have to treat myself to this for Christmas! I really hope that the tutorial is a step by step flight, because that is the easiest way to become familiar with a plane that will be rather different from the PMDG Boeings.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

45 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am actually encouraged by the price. It suggests to me that JustFlight have created something that has a lot of depth and detail to it. I may just have to treat myself to this for Christmas! I really hope that the tutorial is a step by step flight, because that is the easiest way to become familiar with a plane that will be rather different from the PMDG Boeings.

Well, you've got a point regarding the price. If they've made a nerdy simulation of the 146 I will absolutely get it. I've got the old version and I liked that and always thought "man I'd pay good money for a more nerdy version".

Richard

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'll buy this ASAP ... has

• PBR 
  • 4096 textures
  • Interactive checklist
  • Icing simulation visually
  • supports Navigraph AIRAC
  • LNAV
  • Tiller support
  • Full suite of anaimations 
  • dimmable cockpit lighting V5 only
  • flashlight V5 only

and much more ... can't wait to try it out.  Wonder if it uses TrueGlass and Real-light for lighting system?

Cheers, Rob.

It has all that already or you'd buy IF it had..?

(sorry. After "two" glasses of wine and not being an english speaker natively I feel like the slow kid in class.. 😀 )

Richard

Sounds like Rob is in 🤞I Wonder what vram usage and FPS we’ll see. Btw, I second what everyone has said re. complexity, I’m a huge sucker for study level aircraft as well. 

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

The Modeling work is very good, the texture work is poor, IMO. I notice a lack of attention to detail. These may be little niggles, but it represents how things were done/not done.

Here's an example:
BAEGlass.jpg

1. There is hardly any visible external glass texture on the cockpit windows....yet it is present on the passenger windows and landing light housings.

2. It's a PSA livery with no "Smile". PSA was known specifically for it's "Smile" liveries. 

There needs to be consistency for $85.

Edited by Arklight1
  • Upvote 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

25 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

2. It's a PSA livery with no "Smile". PSA was known specifically for it's "Smile" liveries. 

Maybe the livery designer saw it, thought it had to be a mistake and excluded it ? Otherwise that is something really hard to miss.

Well.. I can live with liveries not entirely correct, as long as the simulation fidelity is high. However if they've missed one who is to say they haven't missed the other..

Richard

More pics showing night lighting:

BAE-Lighting.jpg

BAE-VC-Night-Lower.jpg

BAE-VC-Night-Upper.jpg

***These pics don't show the flood lights (Obviously)

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

3 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Well.. I can live with liveries not entirely correct, as long as the simulation fidelity is high. However if they've missed one who is to say they haven't missed the other..

My point spot on. Attention to detail, IMO, is a big thing...especially at the $85 price point.

• Upvote 2

Ark

VC Upper/lower. Looks low res/compressed texture wide, IMO:

BAE-VC2.jpg

BAE-VC.jpg

Ark

It also uses more VRAM than the FSLabs.

So far, I give this one a PASS.

Any way to get a refund from Just Flight?

Edited by Arklight1

Ark