Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

Just Flight 146 Professional?

I really want to buy this and I guess I will. Call me picky but these overhead switches don't look 4096 to me. Very low res. 

From their promo video:

xXt2dkx.png

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

This actually looks pretty good I’ll get this one. I’ve been waiting for something just like this as the 146 still performs freight duties here in Oz, and Oz liveries have been included. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

rather surprised by the price tag of $85

Since there are eight included variants, the price works out at around seven and a half quid per variant (just over ten Dollars each), which is not what I would call too pricey these days for a complex airliner add-on for P3d.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Pretty underwhelmed, tbh. But to each their own I suppose.

Model/Texture issues

Low res VC

Higher VRAM usage than the FSL

$85

I expected more, honestly. 8 models is fine and all unless it's just the same issues on each model 8x over, which it is. 

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

4 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Well.. I can live with liveries not entirely correct, as long as the simulation fidelity is high. However if they've missed one who is to say they haven't missed the other..

Just to give some background, a PSA livery without a smile is equivalent to a Lufthansa livery without a crane.  It's an integral part of their identity.

Edited by Mike A
add link to PSA commercial
  • Upvote 2

Now that I'm looking at the pics on FSElite and other places more closely, the release product doesn't even look like the same thing shown in the marketing material. 😕

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Well.. if anyone finds a good video or anything let us know. Bummer if this is a dud.. =/

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Can anyone say something about the Systems and Procedures? Especially the FMS, is it realistic? Capable of doing what the real thing does? How deep is the system simulation of fuel, hyd, pneu, electrics... for example? 

Visuals are not that interesting... IF the Systems work good. 

• Upvote 1

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Yeah the interiors seems to be a mixed bag (especially coupled with a huge VRAM hit) 😶

However, there are system depth goodies to be found, some which are unique traits to the BAe146. Like the "poor man's" Autothrottle a.k.a Thrust Modulation System (TMS)

And according to JF, that is included

Accurately simulated Thrust Modulation System (TMS) with take-off (full or flexible), max continuous thrust, TGT and descent modes....

Basically what it did was that you could set a target  Turbine gas temp. on the TMS panel during cruise to achieve desired thrust output. Since it is very cumbersome to match FOUR engines to the same temp. simultaneously,  but with TMS engaged, all it required was that you were somewhat within the range and a computer would move each lever to match the desired turbine temp.

I will wait for reviews to come out, EUR 75 is quite much for me.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Honestly I can't see the excessive vram usage mentioned. I stay way below 4gb  with 4096 active. If going down to 1024 in sim I go down to 2.5gb at a medium level payware field with real weather and EA off. I did only one short manual testflight yet so have to check proper ap and fmc. I'm not over hyped but it seems to be a solid version. And for the given range of models the price is acceptable like Chock mentioned.

Cheers

T.

• Like 1

Man, I am so tempted to get this one. Curse my never ending "purchase-add-on-itis".. 🤣

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I really would wait. I have bought it because I was very keen to use it, but it is, at the moment, unusable for me - nothing working at all and FMS without clickspots. I'm sure there may be problems my end, and I have submitted a ticket, but I should have learned from years of simming to hold your horses and wait for reviews and things to stabilise/bugs to be ironed out. As I say, could well be an issue my end and I have submitted a ticket, but at the moment it's completely unusable for me.

You guys can beta test it for me. I would like it for Christmas, so please get to work and make sure that any issues are reported and sorted out by December 25. Cheers! :wink:

• Like 6

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've checked YT for any user videos and still nada. I did watch the Just Flight video about the lighting plugin, as they call it. The cockpit looks pretty good, to me. The lighting is quite nice as well.

I'll be looking forward to some more comments from those who have taken the plunge.

Edited by RichieFly
I hate typos

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I've not long ago bought the QW one... and I don't have P3D so I'll carry on. :wink: 

The QW product also has TMS modelled btw.

Could FSElite have mixed up QW pics rather than using JF 's product? :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)