Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Please be respectful to asobo

Yes there are issues and rookie mistakes being made with the sim and updates but by and large they have made a great product, they are listening and the penny will eventually drop,I just wish some people would stop with all the slagging and show these guys the respect they deserve, 

Edited by Jetman67
  • Like 32
  • Upvote 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Much respect to Asobo. I like how they have weekly development updates and live Q&A sessions. I love how transparent they are with the community. None of this has ever happened before that I'm aware of in any of the other flight sims, current and past.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Yes there are issues and rookie mistakes being made with the sim and updates but by and large they have made a great product, they are listening and the penny will eventually drop one would hope,I just wish some people would stop with all the slagging and show these guys the respect they deserve, 

I agree.  Making a sim like this is no easy task.  I've been guilty of this myself and most likely will be ticked again by something down the road.  Asobo has been the most open development team we've ever had developing with any version of FS.  I was surprised to find a few issues I mentioned alone that no one else requested fixed and addressed in a following patch.  I've seen them break something trying to fix something requested by the community.  We all have to take it easy and recognize the effort here.  I'll be drinking my own cool aide and falling short at times in the future finding something I'm accustomed to broken in an effort to improve the overall sim.  These guys aren't breaking stuff out of spit, their trying to fix as well as improve.  I'm sure if they had their choice they would have held off on this release for another year but quotas are quotas.  Again I can't say this enough, this is the best development team we've had hands down when it comes to listening, working with us, and supporting our add-on community.  Through this I've seen FS9 level frequency in new releases daily I thought I'd never see again especially for a complex platform as this.  The free ware that's coming out is nothing short of amazing.  I can see Asobo is trying and learning as they go.  These guys have a mountain to climb because it's been so long since the core of the last version was in active development (FSX) and that team was let go along with the knowledge.  Here's new team that was given the core code with cobwebs and took on the challenge to revamp it.  Lockheed is polishing FSX code but making a whole new product hasn't happened for over 20 years.  

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Asobo and MS knocked it out of the park. HUGE success already. Not many teams could have pulled something this ambitious off. Lots of bugs. Lots of room for improvement. But these guys get a solid "A" in my book.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Keep up the good work, yes it can get frustrating at times, but as i keep telling myself, this is just the begining. Imagine what will be capable in a year from now..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

50 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Yes there are issues and rookie mistakes being made with the sim and updates 

I am sorry, but after many month of development and 3 month since release, when you see the state of the AP with the latest patch, nearly 1 min to do the last 30 degrees in a turn, there is a problem.

So the dev wanted to meet the deadline, without delay or the beta testers are somewhere else

Edited by bendead
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetman67 said:

Yes there are issues and rookie mistakes being made with the sim and updates but by and large they have made a great product, they are listening and the penny will eventually drop,I just wish some people would stop with all the slagging and show these guys the respect they deserve, 

When 'rookie mistakes' are repeatedly being made, then maybe they are getting the respect they deserve. Either good or bad, you earn the respect you get.

• Like 19
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

So many are forgetting that every time LM issued an update for P3D, we had to wait a week or two or three for FSLabs, PMDG, Leonardo and A2A to issue updates. We were impatient then and still are now...patience! I know it is frustrating at times, but it'll all get worked out. I am amazed at how quickly the FBW folks jump into the fray. Often they figure out a fix within a day or two...or three!

Lee

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Ahhhh.. I want to cry.  😆

But  it's true.. who in the world has the money, and resources to develop a brand new flight simulator? Are you kidding me? \Yes, I have been guilty of getting upset, too.  We easily forget, that what ever we paid for this sim is not even a penny of a penny. It takes millions over millions of dollars,  and brains over brains to accomplish something like this. 

Thank MS-Thank you Adobo- Thank you Mods.... 

Edited by joemiller
  • Like 2

Well, you know, there are individuals these days feels that they are "entitled" and say whatever they wanted to say just because they feel like it and doesn't care about the consequences.

Asosbos/Microsoft can pulled the plug on this project ANYTIME, if they feel the need to.....I am sure everyone of you remember MS FLIGHT.

Nothing is perfect in this world, including you, yourself, let alone a flightsim software that is designed by talented individuals.

If anyone of you feel you are so much better than them, why don't you go and do something and make a difference?

Compliant is healthy, and identifying issues for improvement is important for a product to stand out, but this should be done in a civilized way, not in a insulting, childish bitching others kind of way.

I'd like Microsoft & Asobo to respectful of the money we have spent and the time people are investing in a new sim.

That includes setting ego aside and consulting (and paying if required) true subject matter experts to ensure they are producing an accurate simulation of things like Garmin autopilot behavior.

This includes providing official documentation to the many new flight simmers who are flying for the first time of what the expected speeds of the aircraft are, and what the limitations of the autopilots are, so that users can understand what is actually a bug and what is pilot error before filling the forums with requests for things to be changed.

This also includes being truthful in their advertising.  The Partnership video with Honeycomb that they just put out touts "full compatibility" when there are bugs with the switches on the Alpha yoke interfering with the heading bug and other AP 'bugs' since pre-release that have not been fixed months later.

Respect is a 2 way street. 

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 5

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

The biggest issue with Asobo is they are listening to the general community far too much and trying to provide too much feedback.

Never a good thing in gaming. For every well informed constructive suggestion (and yes they do happen occasionally some of the people on this forum for example seem to really know their stuff) you get 20 useless ones from entitled trolls demanding all sorts of counterproductive stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Nope .. they will be praised when they do well and they will be appropriately criticized when they don't. I call it as i see it.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders