Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Nice french airports to discover

discover some airports in france from france vfr and pilot experience sim editors with a good discount  prices on simmarket

For prepar3d v4/v5 

• Upvote 1

Frédéric Giraud

FSX3D has also nice small airfield located in Provence-Alpes-Cote-d'Azur, discounted right now, that blend well with FranceVFR PACA1 scenery.

The developer confirmed that they are all compatible with P3Dv5 (even if not always stated in Simmarket). Just a matter of redirecting the installer to the P3Dv5 install directory.

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2020 at 4:20 PM, grandfred29 said:

discover some airports in france from france vfr and pilot experience sim editors with a good discount  prices on simmarket

For prepar3d v4/v5 

For France VFR, that may be true that there is a good discount, but there is a BIG 'but'...

... It won't install on the latest version of P3D v4.5.  I'm hoping to get tech support but it's been a week and after several exchanges of email tech support the problem is still on-going. I would not have purchased this had I known it's too difficult to install. 

But, I haven't given up hope. Maybe they're just too busy now?

I'm hoping Justflight, from where I bought this, will be able to help me with France VFR's tech support.

Email me if you want details of the problem installing this in P3D v4.5+.

I'll post a follow-up update... crossing my fingers that this installs on P3D or it's almost $30 wasted.

Edited by oneleg
Added more details

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

6 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

What are the sceneries you bought?

Ile de Paris. I'd like to buy more if there is tech support. 

Edited by oneleg

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

10 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

have you a link for your discussion on france vfr forum?

Hi Grandfred29,

Thanks for the reply.

To answer your question, there is no discussion on France VFR forum.  It is all by email. I opened a trouble ticket with JustFlight which is where I bought Ile de Paris from, and they suggested I contact France VFR directly which I did. They replied by way of email and we've had an exchange of multiple email since then. 

I have not heard or had a reply from France VFR or Justflight since Nov 24.  Here is a portion of the email I've been exchanging with a Laurent (tech support) in France VFR:

-George

----------------------------------------snip, snip---------------------------------------

Hello Laurent,

This attached video shows that I am following your instructions exactly. I have tried many times and spent many hours trying to install this product already. It is not so easy because every time I try to install it, it keeps asking for the serial number.

P.S. Is it possible that your P3D in France is different from the P3D in the USA?  For example, there is no P3D.exe in my F:\P3D folder. I had to make a copy of another .exe and rename it to P3D.exe

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 12:04 PM France VFR (Info) <info@francevfr.com> wrote:

hi,

if you want to listen to "everyone" it is your problem, but we always install in this directory to avoid problems with others program and tools, it is our problem 🙂

so I've tried to explain, it is very simple, you can install where you want and move it then to another location, you can install on another computer if you prefer then copy/paste to the location of your choice in your main computer...

the program accept to install in p3dv4 directory if there is in this directory a file called p3d.exe, that's all ! do not say it does not allow to v4 !

it suggest v5 because many users are under v5 now, but you can change to v4. your problem comes from another permission issue.

another solution : create a directory in the location you want to install to, then copy a file called Prepar3D.exe into this directory and select it as the destination directory. after installation just move the scenery to the location you want and register it in the scenery library.

regards

Le 24/11/2020 à 20:32, George Jereza a écrit :
Laurent,

1. You ask "so you did not install part 2 in the same location as part 1, that's all".  Here is the problem to what you are saying, Part 2 does NOT give me a choice. It IMMEDIATELY gives me the error screen (I sent you a screen shot before). It does NOT ask me where to install Part 2 because it immediately exits as a choice. And, the ONLY choice is to exit.  So I do not understand why you say I have to install in the same location. I can not, because again your program does not give me a choice immediately after I right click and run as administrator "setup_VFRIDFP3D_part2.exe".

2. You also said "so I suggest a last time to install part one in the P3Dv4 location, then check the files are here, in the addon scenery paris idf directory, and then install other parts in the same directory as the part 1, then after the last part installed register both layers as I explained."

What P3Dv4 location? The default installation wants to install it in drive C:\Program Files (see the picture below). However, my P3Dv4.5 is installed in drive F:\P3D. Also, France VFR only wants to install P3Dv5 or version 5. This is NOT my version. I can not install P3Dv4 to the P3DV4 location because your program only wants to install version 5. (I even made an mp4 video to demonstrate this which I sent to you in my previous email).

Are you saying that I should install in the default location in drive C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\... even though my P3D is in the F: drive?? I tried this also also but there is a problem installing the 😄 drive. It only wants to install to my actual P3D folder which is not in "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5". I get another error. Here is a screenshot of the error:

Edited by oneleg
Added details. Correct typos.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Please take any discussions of problems onto the appropriate Sim site, like the P3D forum.  Bargain Hunter's shack is not for discussion of problems.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: