Sign in to follow this  
jfwharton

How do I stop GTN 750 from calling out Traffic

Every time I do a takeoff and landing on an aircraft using the Reality XP GTN 750 it calls out "Traffic".  Is there a way to stop this and still get traffic alerts while airborne?  This is becomming very annoying.

Also I am using Traffic Global.  Could that have something to do with this issue?

Edited by jfwharton

12 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Also I am using Traffic Global.  Could that have something to do with this issue?

I have used RXP GTN for several years and have not experienced the issue.  I have not used Traffic Global.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Go into Settings and disable it

EDIT: Reading you post again. It's either off or on. You can't have it both ways I'm afraid

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well this has become a pain in the tail end since x plane 11.50.  I do not see a way of turning traffic off in the settings.  There is a check for TCAD but that seems to be regarding terrain notification.  Anyway I turned the vollume all the way down so I don't hear the alert.  

Is there any fix for the traffic issue with the GTN 750?  This is so annoying.  Every time I take off or land i get a "TRAFFIC" warning.

6 minutes ago, jfwharton said:

Is there any fix for the traffic issue with the GTN 750?  This is so annoying.  Every time I take off or land i get a "TRAFFIC" warning.

You can turn it on or off in the settings, as mentioned above.

TCAD is not terrain..

TCAD – Traffic Collision Alert Device

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Thank you!  I will try that.  I was about ready to uninstall the Reality XP GTN 750.  But it never did this until x plane 11.50.  Is there a fix for this issue in the works?  

Edited by jfwharton

So I turned off TCAD to stop the annoying TRAFFIC.  Is there any reason this issue has not been addressed and fixed by Reality XP?

I have the same issue with the 430/530: 

There is no traffic, it is a bug in the TCAD system.

I do not know how active RealityXP is these days. Normally they are quite fast in reacting to posts, But RXP's last post was of November 28th and he was not visiting the forum since december 11th. 

On 1/2/2021 at 4:11 AM, PeterBremer said:

I have the same issue with the 430/530: 

There is no traffic, it is a bug in the TCAD system.

I do not know how active RealityXP is these days. Normally they are quite fast in reacting to posts, But RXP's last post was of November 28th and he was not visiting the forum since december 11th. 

Makes you wonder if they are on an extended vacation or something has happened.  Anyway I have turned off TCAD because it has become a pain in the tail end.

Sorry for the long delay.

Yes this one is annoying me as well every time, with Traffic Global here as well, and I can't log/trace this correctly so far.

I know it sounds idiotic an answer but so far I though the problem was due to the rework of the TCAD code in the GTN/GNS to adapt to the new XP11.50 TCAS datarefs. It took me time to review this and conclude (so far) there is no bug there. I've raised a filter threshold therefore in the last update so as to prevent as much of this but it is still happening and I didn't want delaying releasing the quick Trainers v3 update.

I believe it is a bug in either TG creating target slots with are only cleared out when you're airborne but late enough for the GTN to pick them up in between, or, it is a XP11.50 new TCAS dataref bug filling the slots prior emptying them. Given the pattern of targets displaying for a brief moment I'd suspect more TG though.

This is under investigation though.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Update:

Since we need to re-release the update otherwise the auto-update feature will nag you everyday, I took the opportunity to debug the TCAS problem and I believe I've nailed it. There was a small code logic change introduced in the last update(s) which was causing this and I've reverted the code logic back as it is supposed to be.

The update won't be released tonight because we have to flight test prior release and it is late, but tomorrow if all goes well.

NB: it will also include the correction for the xPilotClient discussed in the forum.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)