Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

"Cri-Cri" for MSFS of ATSim out now!

ATSim is coming back to the game, now for MSFS also with the first model - MC-15 Cri Cri. Level of details looks very well, 3 version - prop, jet and float :). The level of price is very attractive, not more than 15$.

More info about this addon: http://atsimulations.com/cricri-msfs , it looks like the perfect addon for exploring MSFS sceneries :).

U9S95EL.jpg

ats_cc_25.jpg

ats_cc_11.jpg

ats_cc_2.jpg

Video:

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I will be interested to see what the reviews are like,

No new plane in MSFS is perfect at the moment so if the flight model and quality is even halfway decent this could be a bit of fun, particularly if the float version in the video is included.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

11 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I will be interested to see what the reviews are like,

No new plane in MSFS is perfect at the moment so if the flight model and quality is even halfway decent this could be a bit of fun, particularly if the float version in the video is included.

Yes. 3d model and texturing looks amazing. Too bad that for the sake of "dynamism", they couldnt include more than 2 seconds of straight, level, calm flying. From that video, it looks like the plane is all over the olace and cant hold heading or altitude. 

And i saw the Cri Cri in real life, the jet version, its so tiny it could fit in the boot of your car 😄

I will buy this unhesitatingly.  THIS IS THE COMPANY that makes my beautiful An-2 with Alex Metzger's FDE.  It is just SUPERB and I will do everything i can to support their MSFS development transition. Their An-2 and hopefully their Birddog will no doubt be fabulous.  Regardless, this will be the perfect platform to view the world low and slow WITHOUT an AP.

Great to see AT Simulations in MSFS!

C

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

The float version looks interesting.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Certainly a unique plane...looking forward to hearing impressions.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I bought it and flew it.... mainly to support AT Simulations further MSFS Development.  They have produced SUPERB aircraft for P3D and I am hopeful that will continue in MSFS.  Alex Metzger does their FDE's and he's a Genius at making ones and zeros fly!  

The Cri Cri flies like it looks like it should.  It is a homebuilt that can allow a mere mortal to fly at the cheapest possible cost factor possible.  That it how it flies...like a tiny homebuilt.  The smallest thing IRL I have time in is a Wittman Tailwind... this is MUCH SMALLER, and so is completely new to me. 

Some additional info-

http://www.flight.cz/cricri/english/

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2011/january/01/big-fun-in-a-small-package

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/news-and-publications/eaa-news-and-aviation-news/news/04-24-2016-tiny-twinjet

I have only flown the 2 cycle twin so far... and it is certainly a fun and unique experience.  It is not a hand's off aeroplane (but at its size, it should not be). It is fully controllable and the exhaust note definitely let's you know this is not the normal flying carpet.  The visibility is fantastic, and all in all I can see myself using this for watching the world go by.  A fun segway down a road less traveled, and a great chance to support a developer with a track record of delivering sublime aeroplanes.

At the moment, the best advice I can provide, is watch your loading/weight. Take off in the green at 100%, cruise at 85-90% and fly this thing like a heli.  What I mean is SMALL changes in throttle and PRESSURE on the stick work well.. hamfisting does not.  2 clicks of LEFT aileron trim seem to be where she likes it best.  There's lag in the high RPM spool-up almost like a turbine, and 1 notch of flap at the top of the orange (70%) is good for initial final... make it a long one and tweak power as you go,  Don't get below 110KmPH and pop out another notch just over the threshold. Imagine riding on a hummingbird and you will be fine!

It is COMPLETELY different from the norm, and I'm glad I bought it.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks but I'd rather wait for their AN-2!

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

That's what I'm really waiting for... but I wanted to support and ENCOURAGE their further development in MSFS.  Hope others will feel similarly.

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

The thought of a floatplane that could probably takeoff from a bathtub is enticing.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm buying this now.  Some of my best time flying in FSX was in Sibwings' An-2 Colt.  I quit that sim (and it's Lockheed incarnation) before this company put their version out, but I have been following their development for MSFS closely and will buy the Colt and the Piaggio when they are released.  I'm buying this one to support them and because I've been fascinated with this little homebuilt since it was first built.  I've never seen one in real life, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the virtual one.  So pleased to see such interesting planes, like this one and the Bleriot and Dino's Long-EZ, being developed early in this new sim's life-cycle.  This is the perfect platform for these kinds of aircraft!

• Like 1

It's not too bad really. The Pilot looked kind of big inside, you know like the way caricature artists at the county fair will sometimes draw you with a big head and tiny body sitting on your car, so I changed avatars to the smallest woman.

I tried the prop plane first, and it flew a little better after I re-mapped the props so I could move the throttles independently. That allowed me to minimize the swaying side to side and continual precessional motion of the aircraft. But I lost the use of the throttle for Elevator trim.

What really worked was the AI pilot, who trimmed it right up.

My first flight with the jet version didn't go very well...so I will want to work on that.

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

It is COMPLETELY different from the norm, and I'm glad I bought it.

I was interested in this one, but your enthusiastic review has totally sold me on it, Carl.  I'm going to be grabbing this and giving it a spin a bit later on today.  I'll report back!

• Like 1