Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

"Cri-Cri" for MSFS of ATSim out now!

Great little airplane, even if it does try to kill me every 5 seconds! Does anyone know how to start the engines on the jet model if you commence the flight parked on the apron cold and dark? Couldn't work it out.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

57 minutes ago, markadeane said:

Great little airplane, even if it does try to kill me every 5 seconds! Does anyone know how to start the engines on the jet model if you commence the flight parked on the apron cold and dark? Couldn't work it out.

A video I watched stated the only way to do it was Cntrl E

I very much doubt you can start the engines using cockpit controls in the real planes either. I suspect there is a lot of walking around the plane and pulling on starter ropes.

Then again, go back a few years and you had a ground crew spinning the prop by hand, or in the case of planes like the bf109 winding up an inertial starter with a hand crank.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

In the absence of any actual useful documentation with this thing, here's a link to both the POH and assembly plans, if you're curious.

https://github.com/dudemandando/Cri-Cri

Some key numbers, either specified or inferred from procedures (in mph as listed, then roughly converted to kmh as used by the in-sim model)

• Vne: 160 / 257
  • Va: 115 / 185
  • Vf: 80 / 129
  • Vr: 55 / 89
  • Vx: 62 / 100
  • Vy: 75 / 120
  • Vs: 56 / 90
  • Vs0: 45 / 72
  • Vbr: 80 / 129
  • Vref: 65 / 105

16 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

How's the behavior of the float version?

Tried that for the first time a night or two ago.  The only really notable thing was that there seems to be very little rudder authority, even with differential power trying to do anything but a straight line is difficult.

I also bought the Cri-Cri, but Im a bit dissapointed. The plane looks good, but the flight dynamics seem off, also the throttle control is strange, when I cut throttle it takes a while before it reduces. I flew the float version and found no effects on the water like splashing.

With Jet engines ,it sounds like a F15.

Im hoping for an update that will fix this beautiful little craft.

8 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

http://atsimulations.com/cricri-msfs#

$14.89 for a two engine ultralite. Anyone care to take one for the team and then post a review?

I merged your topic into the existing topic on the same thing.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

http://atsimulations.com/cricri-msfs#

$14.89 for a two engine ultralite. Anyone care to take one for the team and then post a review?

Now we are after 3 patches. Very good addon for me! Cockpit is small and easy to fly, very good visibility to check great sceneries in MSFS 🙂 . I enjoyed it a LOT.

BrG0IDbh.jpg

b7pfDbsh.jpg

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Anyone have trouble getting airborne? Haven't flown it since I updated to 2.05. Tonight trying to take off from a grass field in the regular version, I can get the speed up fine, just will not lift off unless I pull my prop and mixture controls of my logitech quadrant back to zero. I'm sure there's a conflict somewhere, but can't find it.

James

On 12/27/2020 at 3:28 AM, YoYo said:

Now we are after 3 patches. Very good addon for me! Cockpit is small and easy to fly, very good visibility to check great sceneries in MSFS 🙂 . I enjoyed it a LOT.

Thanks for that. Used to use the ultralite in FSX to check out new airports, cities, etc.

Watched the video on YouTube. Can you get to and change the sound files for this plane? Engine sound is unbearable and I'd use Audacity to lower its volume. I've heard some planes have encrypted files.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

30 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Thanks for that. Used to use the ultralite in FSX to check out new airports, cities, etc.

Watched the video on YouTube. Can you get to and change the sound files for this plane? Engine sound is unbearable and I'd use Audacity to lower its volume. I've heard some planes have encrypted files.

Did you apply the update?  It made the  sounds much nicer.

14 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Did you apply the update?  It made the  sounds much nicer.

Haven't bought it yet. Still doing my homework in between the holiday/family/social distancing things.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Only one problem - small fuel tank, for near 0.50-1h of flying :biggrin:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2