Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Error 1603. And 1723 during FSX Install

I am trying to install the Gold Edition of the original FSX.  I did search and found a link to a utility that can fix this.  But since Windows 10 updates so frequently, I wanted to confirm this would work.  I am using a USB DVD Drive.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avsim.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F590284-trouble-installing-fsx-gold-edition-acceleration%2F%3Ftab%3Dcomments%23comment-4415887&data=04|01||6dbf1bc11caa427c3fb908d893379c04|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|637421214328855791|Unknown|TWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D|1000&sdata=iClomhP6RA7zqFp%2FJujHhyKsTSjViEoe6rkC763wyLg%3D&reserved=0

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18934/fsx-resetsldlexe/

On disk 2 I am receiving two
I wish I could show you the image,  but it looks like this forum is limited to URL images??

Error 1603 failed during installation. Consult windows installer help

Error1722 There is a problem with the windows installer

Thanks!

Edited by Skyseek

5 hours ago, Skyseek said:

I wish I could show you the image,  but it looks like this forum is limited to URL images??

Take a screenshot and then upload it to an image host - imgur is a good one, others are available. Don't use photobucket - too many adverts or they want paying!!

I'm on Win7 and with FSX Steam so unfortunately I can't help.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I have FSX Gold on two W10 computers without problem. Could be more of a problem with your USB drive not getting enough power. 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Is it possible to convert the DVDs to USB Flash drives?

This stinks!  I have had no problem with other apps installing. Or using this drive. 

It errors at the 99% point of being completely installed.  I am using an LG external DVD drive on a USB port.

Edited by Skyseek

Well I have maybe one more issue.  

When the ORIGINAL  FSX launched,  I am seeing the FSX STEAM EDITION on the opening SCREEN??????  This was an original FSX Gold edition DVD set.

The whole purpose of going back to FSX from FSXSE is so I can fly some of the A/C that wouldn’t run on FSXSE!!

I am not having to run the Steam App to launch it..

Anybody have a clue what is going on here???

It looks like the rest of the app is fine.  I’ll try installing a few AC and see what happens..

Thanks!

Edited by Skyseek

Next Problem...

When I installed Acceleration Expansion,  It didn’t ask me for a key???

I am getting an error: Unexpected error occurred which is preventing product activation from being completed.

Error Number...

1-80004005

Any way to activate it?

No errors during the install!

Thanks!

What you're seeing on FSX's Home Page is correct - we all have it.  I think it happened some time after Microsoft gave Dovetail Games the limited licence to reproduce FSX-SE so that some better optimization & performance issues could be applied as well as a number of fixes. So the usual FSX Insider Page disappeared & the Steam Edition one appeared.

Just saw your next question as I was writing this comment.  Your activation problem will require you to go into your System Registry.  Are you comfortable with that?  If not, you can always save the Registry data (by going to File > Export).  Anyway, this is what you need to do:

1. Run Registry Editor (press Windows key + R and type  regedit  and then  Ok). 

2. Expand the following registry key:                                                                       

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}    The letters in this key could be in capitals and be careful to select the correct Key and Sub Key as any error could render a program or even your OS inoperable.

3. After you find the Key, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

4. Change the value from any value shown there to  PartMgr  (note, this is case sensitive - type it as shown here) and delete any other word that may be next to it and click OK.  

5. Close Registry Editor and reboot Computer.  Then launch FSX & check whether the Activation request comes up.

Chris

Thanks Chris!

Yes I have worked with the registry before.

I will post when I get the registry updated!

Thanks again!

Edited by Skyseek