Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Sack the Saboteur - Seriously!...

19 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

...which took an earth shattering, "game-breaking" 4 seconds to fix.

Yes...  That's right!  👍   Once you have wasted all the time to find out what has happened, and read the forums for help to see if anyone else knows what the hell is going on.  But I suppose that makes it alright?  Along with all of the other issues? 

But anyway, you probably fixed it in 4 seconds because you are really clever (or psychic maybe?) and I am not. 

No problem - this is just the usual clever-clog, sarcastic, and dismissive response, I expected.  Everyone is different and I find your sarcasm funny! 👍 😁

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I am frustrated with it as well.  The ground scenery has become low-res, the LOD is tiny now with trees barely visible beyond 1 mile, and it now stutters.  The anti-aliasing was superb after one of the patches, now it is back to being terrible.  Why are we going backwards?  I have changed nothing to my computer and run at "Ultra".

I don't know what sim it is you're referring to but you should try Microsoft Flight Simulator or MSFS 2020 as it is know. It's very good. 👍

• Like 3

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I got a little ticked when I couldn't fly my MB-339 in Korea for CTDs of unknown variety, and again when I lost the use of the Mooney last week. That's all...

Last night I flew the Cri-Cri, a peculiar little plane I just bough, to see Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse memorial and like the OP reported above, a mountain literally materialized before my eyes with the head of Crazy Horse on it. That was kind of surreal actually...

I stepped away for about a week because my AC all kept crashing and joystick could not control. Turned out I had somehow switched to Legacy model. I don't remember doing it, but turning that off cured my major problems enough that I started flying again. I'm not saying that you have caused your own problems. That's one of the mystery's of this sim, how some things affect half of the users and not the other half. I had stuttering in the US right after the latest patch, but no longer do for some reason, also always locked at 30fps with NVCP. I don't have any more popping up / morphing scenery objects than before, which is not enough to bother me much. I have the same terrain abnormalities as I had to start with, which again are not enough to bother me. No white lines, a few LOD issues but no deal breakers. I was lucky enough not to be affected by the USB issue, and don't have any payware AC to be killed. I still have had to completely reinstall two times due to un-fixable CTDs, the last one an image restore after patch 6. Good luck running down that saboteur!

Edit: the blurries ARE still killing me.

Edited by desbean
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, desbean said:

That's one of the mystery's of this sim, how some things affect half of the users and not the other half.

Thats a great point. I almost wish everybody was either happy or even unhappy with MSFS, at least that would make sense.

Edited by icewater5

38 minutes ago, OSM said:

FS2020 is not a Flight Simulator anymore and flight simulation community must accept this sad fact!!!

Must we indeed? I expect this will be news to many of us. Funny, though, I don't feel sad. I am having a ball exploring the world in this awful, terrible, disgusting non-simulator!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cobalt said:

... exploring the world

Exactly! This is the main gaming idea of FS2020 - Exploring the World in the multiplayer environment. 😃

I know you don't mean to be unkind. It reminds me of a line in a song. " She even woke me up to say goodbye"

• Like 1

And that's bad? And, to quote you, we should all be sad? Weird, to say the least, but you are entitled to your own opinion. Just please do not presume to tell the rest of the flightsim community what we should think. And now, back to flying!

2 minutes ago, cobalt said:

And that's bad? And, to quote you, we should all be sad? Weird, to say the least, but you are entitled to your own opinion. Just please do not presume to tell the rest of the flightsim community what we should think. And now, back to flying!

Enjoy your flight! 😃

I doubt there's sabotage involved. Although I can't think of a better reason for the strangeness in how each update seems to change numerous aspects of the sim which, according to the patch notes, shouldn't be changed. They've managed this project and others, so I can't believe there's not a best practices approach in place. Surely they can and do code reviews after these issues crop up?

I don't know, but it sounds like what you get with spaghetti code; change one thing in a module and everything goes to heck. 

I've decided to not think about it. Like the story of complaining to the doctor "it hurts when i do this" (swings arm to and fro). The doctor replies "well then, don't do that". I can always find something else to do; other sims to fly, other hobbies to pursue. 

• Like 3

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

I doubt there's sabotage involved. Although I can't think of a better reason for the strangeness in how each update seems to change numerous aspects of the sim which, according to the patch notes, shouldn't be changed. They've managed this project and others, so I can't believe there's not a best practices approach in place. Surely they can and do code reviews after these issues crop up?

I don't know, but it sounds like what you get with spaghetti code; change one thing in a module and everything goes to heck. 

I've decided to not think about it. Like the story of complaining to the doctor "it hurts when i do this" (swings arm to and fro). The doctor replies "well then, don't do that". I can always find something else to do; other sims to fly, other hobbies to pursue. 

Yes I'm sure your correct. Today after yet more AP frustrations I decided to pour myself a Guinness (I'm Irish) and say bu--er this I'll just fly hands on and enjoy the scenery. If I want to keep my IFR skills oiled I'll use XPlane which I still have in my steam library. Life is too short for all this frustration!

I agree with bobcat999. I was really thinking there must be something I was doing wrong, when I read on the forum of all the folks having great flights.

I stepped back from MS2020 and went back to P3Dv5( not perfect I know), for a few weeks, simply to enjoy complete flights.  Yesterday I installed the latest update from MS2020 and I was amazed at the scenery over Manhattan, then the AP switched itself off and the aircraft went into a dive. Although I've been simming since FS2000, I'm not a techie and I rely on tips and hints from members, and of course from You tube tutorials( a big thanks to them). However I do feel a bit cheated by the overall function of what was sold as a Flight Simulator...the "Microsoft" badge was a big incentive for me to buy it.

• Like 1

andy a

I hate to say it, but.. I agree with bobcat999. Well apart from the whole "espionage" part.

I'm leaning more towards the fact that this is a huge undertaking that keeps throwing up unforeseen issues. A lack of adequate testing seems a more likely culprit given the complexity of these updates. For that reason, I really believe that accessible beta builds and optional updates should be implemented asap.

Even though I am always looking for the shiny side of things when these updates come out, with this update, I'm seeing more (newly introduced) problems than (overall) improvements.

Problems =

LOD's- popping and new scenery assets being built right in front of our eyes

Terrain elevations- morphing and moving like a 10.0 earthquake has engulfed the U.S.

Water masks- totally borked and some shorelines looking very "sawtoothly"

Microstutters- stutterin

Autopilot - drunk

Improvements =

Improved loading times

The team has very good communication with the community compared to other developers. They also have very optimistic goals and what seems to be a true passion for the product. I can only hope for the best and I really hope they can incorporate all of us into a beta process going forward.  Asobo, if you are reading this, I'm available to help. I'm not very technical, but I can certainly spot negative changes from build to build. I truly want this amazing sim to succeed over the long haul.  

• Like 2

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals