Sign in to follow this  
F1le

The best working weather "machine" combination

Guys what according to you is the best weather machine combo considering P3Dv5.1HF1?

I already have ActiveSky and ... EA on, but those EA clouds look like (no comment) and fog approach looks like this and it is very disappointing so far.

6e4bb04a68.png

i9-9900K@5.0Ghz, MSI RTX3090 Gaming X Trio, 32GB RAM G.Skill-4133-CL17, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, (1+2+4)TB NVME M.2, 24TB NAS 10Gbit/s, VR HTC Vive Cosmos Elite, 1Gbit/s internet

P3Dv5, Xplane 11, MFS2020, DCS in 4K.

No problems here on v5.1 HF1 with ActiveSky.

oNHq24z.jpg

More pics:
https://i.imgur.com/QfW740t.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NnDqc8T.jpg

Weather:
XfZLyl9.jpg

In P3D settings, have you checked the box for Volumetric Fog?
Did you do a complete update of P3D: Client, Content and Scenery?
Do you have the latest beta of ActiveSky (RC3, ver. 7633)?
In ActiveSky settings, have you left unchecked the box for Disable EA volumetric cloud control.

I'm running clouds at medium density in P3D. They can look pixelated or waffle-like from time-to-time, but mostly they look great and unlike legacy 2D clouds, actually feel like you are flying through them.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

In all honesty, I think REX weather seems better than AS in v5.1, at least for the time being. It looks better amd seems more accurate, imo. 

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

6 hours ago, F737NG said:

oNHq24z.jpg

More pics:

Weather:
XfZLyl9.jpg

In ActiveSky settings, have you left unchecked the box for Disable EA volumetric cloud control.

I'm running clouds at medium density in P3D. They can look pixelated or waffle-like from time-to-time, but mostly they look great and unlike legacy 2D clouds, actually feel like you are flying through them.

During day a fog approach looks like you picture right. But mov your time forward to night and i will look like F1Ie‘c picture.. had the same on a flight yesterday

Carsten U

3 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

During day a fog approach looks like you picture right. But mov your time forward to night and i will look like F1Ie‘c picture.. had the same on a flight yesterday

Looks like it could be something to do with the way the moon is illuminating the globe and ground textures (way too bright), which seems to be an issue with EA currently. Or the scenery itself needs updating to support the latest version? As it looks to be just the airport that is illuminated.

CPU: i7 11700K @ 5.0 Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 | Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z590-F  | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200MHz | Harddrive: 3x Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD | Peripherals: TrackIR 5, Fulcrum One Yoke, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

7 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

LFQQ at 1/2 mile visibility:yzjowph.jpg

LFQQ at unlimited visibility:
touAmA4.jpg

LFQQ at 1/2 mile visibility during full moon:B2fWtNk.jpg

There's clearly a problem with lighting at night during brighter moon phases.
However, I don't have nearly as bad a problem with objects showing through as the OP.

In addition to my questions in my earlier post above, is the scenery v5 compliant?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

14 hours ago, F737NG said:

oNHq24z.jpg

More pics:

Weather:
XfZLyl9.jpg

1/ Volumetric Fog = On

2/ Yes all updated Client, Content and Scenery to 5.1HF1

3/ Yes 7633 RC3 version

4/ I have no idea where is "Disable EA volumetric cloud control"?

And yeah Fog problems with "white areas" appear only during night landing+fog of course.

5/ My first screenshot is from EDDM (aerosoft/simwings v5 compatible) approach. They claim it's LM bug.

Come on 

ecb15f1585.jpg

Edited by F1le
  • Like 1

i9-9900K@5.0Ghz, MSI RTX3090 Gaming X Trio, 32GB RAM G.Skill-4133-CL17, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, (1+2+4)TB NVME M.2, 24TB NAS 10Gbit/s, VR HTC Vive Cosmos Elite, 1Gbit/s internet

I went back to EA off. It doesn't allow for the simulation of actual weather that you can pick up at range on a radar and plan to avoid. It still looks terrible half the time, especially at night. And on an 8GB card, VRAM remains an issue. i.e. having to switch back and forth between 2048 vs 1024 textures at some airports is tedious. 

On my 11GB today I launched LEMD by LatinVFR and got crashed due to lack of VRAM... Had to reduce textures from 4096 to 2048 so far. RTX3090 needed with 24GB to run P3Dv5 (LOL)...

If I turn EA OFF what are the best clouds? Because I understand with EA off you can install whatever you want.

Edited by F1le

3 hours ago, F1le said:

On my 11GB today I launched LEMD by LatinVFR and got crashed due to lack of VRAM... Had to reduce textures from 4096 to 2048 so far. RTX3090 needed with 24GB to run P3Dv5 (LOL)...

If I turn EA OFF what are the best clouds? Because I understand with EA off you can install whatever you want.

I have a GTX 1080 8GB and haven't had any CTD whatsoever. My settings aren't exactly low either - although I'm not running a 1440p monitor, only 1080 (not sure if this has an affect). I purchased RDPreset's guide for P3Dv5 which helped me understand the settings much better as it tells you exactly what settings you can increase or decrease without sacrificing performance or running into VRAM issues, worth every penny.

I can post my settings if you wish?

• Like 1

CPU: i7 11700K @ 5.0 Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 | Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z590-F  | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200MHz | Harddrive: 3x Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD | Peripherals: TrackIR 5, Fulcrum One Yoke, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Y

On 11/29/2020 at 9:13 PM, Avionixz said:

I can post my settings if you wish?

You can really curious if something will amaze me. Regarding LEMD from LatinVFR many users complained about lack of VRAM on this airport had 10GB free it was oscilating around 9.5GB (never saw such big VRAM utilization in P3D) and during a movement CTD as graphic card stopped responding.

But upgraded to RTX3090 with 24GB VRAM ... so not a problem anymore.

And yes 4K textures >> 1080p => much more Vram is utilized on 4K vs 1080p.

8 hours ago, F1le said:

You can really curious if something will amaze me. Regarding LEMD from LatinVFR many users complained about lack of VRAM on this airport had 10GB free it was oscilating around 9.5GB (never saw such big VRAM utilization in P3D) and during a movement CTD as graphic card stopped responding.

But upgraded to RTX3090 with 24GB VRAM ... so not a problem anymore.

And yes 4K textures >> 1080p => much more Vram is utilized on 4K vs 1080p.

My new 1440p monitor arrived yesterday. Not had chance to test fully yet but I'll let you know if I run into any problems like yourself due to increased VRAM because of the new resolution.

These settings were on my 1080p monitor

Note the Scenery Objects aren't maxed out, that's because they don't need to be. The settings I have there would give same results as maxed out in P3D V4.

50670525623_dcb5d73510_o.png

50670525618_c581f71719_o.png

50671269346_6d8078c0c9_o.png

Edited by Avionixz