Sign in to follow this  
Tom3123

FSL Spotlights for P3Dv5.1

Hello,

First let me say that I don't know if this is the right forum or not for this post, but the P3D community has always been helpful, so I figured this was a good place to start.

Does anyone know if FlightSIMLABS is still a working company?  I have been tiring to get access to there site so I can download and pay for FSL Spotlight program. I have been working on this for almost a week now.  No answer back from them?  Seems I cant even get an email address to inquire about my application. 

So if they are still in operation, can anyone provided me an email address to someone who I can inquire about the status of my account.  I will say that I wish by bank, and other sensitive accounts had as much security as these guys do on their site.  🙂

Regards

Tom

Hi,

Yeah fslabs is a working company (they are currently developing the sharklet update for their amazing Airbus series). You should head over to their forum. Spotlights is free to download in their download section. (You need an account for their forum to access the download)

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/

cheers

Dominik

Edited by Swiss2259

Dominik

when filling out the application its necessary to use real name instead of alias...this held me up for a long time, I had to resubmit app and all was well.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

2 hours ago, rickgo said:

when filling out the application its necessary to use real name instead of alias...this held me up for a long time, I had to resubmit app and all was well.

I am sure you can come up with a real name that is not yours. How would they know?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

How would they know?

LOL...you got that right....but now, we all wear mask so it is easy....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Thanks for the info on the free part.  Anyone have an Email contact for them.  You cant get to a person until you register, and I cant register. 

IRT the name part, I did use my real name.  But its a goofy thing because what if your name was Bob Smith?  any idea how many Bob, Robert, Bobby... Smith's there are in the world, and if your real name had been used already you had to come up with something different.  

I hope there programs are better thought out then there webpage security.  Honesty, I used to work for a 3 letter US agency, that did not make you jump through as many hoops to login as these guys.

And don't get me started on the Chin Diapers...

Tom

19 hours ago, Tom3123 said:

...Does anyone know if Flight Sim Labs is still a working company?  I have been tiring to get access to there site so I can download and pay for FSL Spotlight program. I have been working on this for almost a week now.  No answer back from them?  Seems I cant even get an email address to inquire about my application. 

So if they are still in operation, can anyone provided me an email address to someone who I can inquire about the status of my account.  I will say that I wish by bank, and other sensitive accounts had as much security as these guys do on their site.  🙂

Tom

Hi Tom-

first of all, we're very much still a working company 🙂 and yes, the FSLSpotlights are freely downloadable as long as you register in our forum. No need for payment, however, we turned that utility into a freeware one awhile ago to say thanks for the long-time support by our customers!

14 hours ago, MarkW said:

I am sure you can come up with a real name that is not yours. How would they know?

We might not find out, but then again, the system is based on honor, not necessarily verification. Yes, there are those who take advantage. They are a very small (tiny if I may say) minority and eventually they get flushed out by the system. We ask that people respect this rule - and that's all we ask - because we find that when there is a real name, people tend to behave much more respectfully to each other than when they post anonymously or hide behind a pseudonym.

Kind regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras

Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Have tried it, due to the change from dx11 to dx12 ( from fslabs forum) the on screen gui isn’t available, ( yet ) therefore it’s a bit more difficult to use as switching between lights or turning off. 
has anybody managed to do a profile for the KingAir 350i.

bob

Edited by onebob

2 hours ago, lefteris said:

We might not find out, but then again, the system is based on honor, not necessarily verification. Yes, there are those who take advantage. They are a very small (tiny if I may say) minority and eventually they get flushed out by the system. We ask that people respect this rule - and that's all we ask - because we find that when there is a real name, people tend to behave much more respectfully to each other than when they post anonymously or hide behind a pseudonym.

Kind regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras

Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.

For the record I do use my real name on the FSL forums and for verified purchases. I was just pointing out that is someone is dead set against it for privacy reasons they can likely use another name. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000