Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

We need a mod to disable auto updates

5 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

And you dont need a mod actually.Make sure you disable your internet from the desktop to the main screen. Then reconnect. Easy.

nah  this  way is  far to easy

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

19 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

nah  this  way is  far to easy

Also does not work.

The only way to avoid updates is leave the game running 24/7

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Also does not work.

The only way to avoid updates is leave the game running 24/7

You'r right actually, or at least have the sim running before they push the updates.

14 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

As the title says. Everyone being forced to update when every release breaks more than it fixes is just creating way more frustration than we need. I hope some clever modder can figure out a way to turn off/on auto upgrades.

Best post I have ever read on this forum!!! "Breakes more than it fixes" so utterly correct!!! From fix, patch, update, no 1 and latter, things with this sim has only slippt away in the wrong direction! 

13 minutes ago, buspelle said:

Best post I have ever read on this forum!!! "Breakes more than it fixes" so utterly correct!!! From fix, patch, update, no 1 and latter, things with this sim has only slippt away in the wrong direction! 

The best EVER? Really? Like ever, ever? 

• Like 1

I agree they should have an easily toggle-able option, but if you use it, it should put you into offline/cached mode.  They aren't going to let people with out-of-date clients connect to the live Azure servers.

Hi Guys, i have done every thing suggested on how to get past, lock screen ,on update, safe mode ,run as admin, cmd, enter....=disable, and still wont work, im now going to have to re install,

So why when im happy with, A320, weather, graphics,as is, I dont want or need any more upgrades,

On monday i flew A320 Airbus from Innsbruck to Gatwick, ice, and low vis clouds, perfect, on a pc that was 1 up from min specs, On wednesday nothing stuck on load update WARNING in red youv used your 48 GBi.

Why, like the guy said we should have an option to up grade or not.

Im gutted, its not like i have any down load 3rd party except 1 livery BSA.

The OP's suggestion completely ignores the actual problem: Asobo's poor update policy.

Every time Asobo is prepared to release a World Update or Sim Update, they should stop and send the files to 3PD's and a test team. This gives Asobo a chance to fix issues on their end, and 3PD's a chance to fix issues on their end. After a week of smashing bugs, Asobo should be in a position to push their World/Sim updates live.

That would completely alleviate the issue we have now where the community serves as the test team, and the game is unplayable for several days every month or so.

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

On 29/11/2020 at 9:43 AM, buspelle said:

So true, but what next, we get past this, for how long,till next up grade, and for what, another statue, a realistic switch on some dashboard. Im now reinstalling, hopefully i can get to the option about how much memory i want the game to store scenery, ect 48 gb clearly was not enough for the 16th feb upgrade, so how long before min spec for msfs 2020 is no longer min Spec, im retired i can no longer keep up with rising Spec,s.

Ps I hope this doesn't mean, me going back to X plane, it was only Oscar pilot, and Zibo that made that sim playerble.

24 minutes ago, WestAir said:

That would completely alleviate the issue we have now where the community serves as the test team, and the game is unplayable for several days every month or so.

Unplayable for you don't speak for everyone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Unplayable for you don't speak for everyone else.

My game runs fine. I was speaking for the 8 people in this thread who do have problems.

The word for that is empathy. Maybe one day you'll have it.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

On 28/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, eslader said:

Especially since it's syncing with other simmers, and so now you not only have multiple versions to support, but you have to make sure all the versions can talk to each other so they don't blow themselves up when people on different versions end up in the same airspace.

I understand what you advocate here, but when I pay £122.00 for a flt sim, and I am happy with the way it was advertised,, and i plays, as is, IF i want to play with other online people, from different platforms, THEN its up to me to, up load a possible fix that would allow that scenario, which should be a beta version, along with all the problems we know come from betas, BUT that should NOT  be forced on those of us, that paid good money. To have our sim broke, and frustrated we can't fly.

The problem is the simulator is very dependent on servers for scenery and weather, so if one retains an outdated version, that would likely mean disabling all streamed scenery and falling back on approx 122 GB base install landclass and vector data (so no aerial imagery, possibly no live weather, definitely no multiplayer) - to those here asking to opt out of updates, is that a price you are willing to pay?

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 hours ago, WestAir said:

The OP's suggestion completely ignores the actual problem: Asobo's poor update policy.

Every time Asobo is prepared to release a World Update or Sim Update, they should stop and send the files to 3PD's and a test team. This gives Asobo a chance to fix issues on their end, and 3PD's a chance to fix issues on their end. After a week of smashing bugs, Asobo should be in a position to push their World/Sim updates live.

I can assure you that Asobo has a test team and a development cycle like you describe. 

This software is more like Software-as-a-service (like every other major piece of modern software released in 2021) than an antique software where you get everything you'll ever need on one DVD.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

On 11/28/2020 at 2:32 PM, Pastaiolo said:

I don't see why. Been like this with thousands of games on Steam. 

That's why I don't like Steam... :ph34r:

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2