Sign in to follow this  
SUNDR1V3R

im the only one who thinks..

Im the only one who thinks the atmosphere of the sim feels dead.. I dont know how to explain very well but i you go to the caribbean or Hawaii it doesnt feel like warm atmosphere it feels the same as if you where in iceland or UK.. Plus there is no reef in any islands..

Here is a video i found..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

They have talked about these containing things not yet released.... so they say

Its what the videos said hope its true.. Im very happy with the sim it just need to be improving.. 

Patience.... patience... is what I tell myself. There are lots of issues, and it will take time to work out. 

• Like 2

Yes, some patience is needed. There are also so many issues after the recent USA World Update, that the table is full of homework for Asobo. I also fear that bringing more realism to the sim will cause another set of steps... backwards... 😆

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I actually prefer the water without the reefs, they are a bit blocky looking.

from the video at 3:30 - 3:45...

"150 kts maybe this is what the water looks like in the Bahamas, but not in the UK at 150 kts"

Was the guy joking, he sounds so serious...

Edited by SceneryFX

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Not sure what is meant by "dead". MSFS is, to me, the most lively sim I have ever flown, going back to FSX and FS9 and earlier. Moving cars, moving people at airports, AI planes in the sky and on the ground, constant chatter with ATC ... it sure feels alive to me!

I agree that this is a colossal project and we need to be patient and accept that it will improve over time but probably will never be perfect.

But if you show me something in a trailer and the trailer is an actual in-game footage, I have the right to expect to see the same in the game, otherwise I "might" think it's just a video ad, obtained who knows how, released to push sales. 

Another thing I don't understand and for which I have not much patience, are the issues with the coastlines and the blocky cloud reflections in calm water that are very evident in the last update. I mean, you can see them clearly just after takeoff in the Alaska bush trip which has  been released as new content. I cannot imagine how they put a new bush trip in the game and didn't even tried to takeoff to see how it looked before release.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

My biggest issue is the water gets unnaturally choppy at quite slow windspeeds, with winds below about 10 knots there should be very little chop at all.

It is not unusual to look out on a calm morning here and see an almost flat Pacific ocean extending to the horizon.

11 hours ago, cobalt said:

Not sure what is meant by "dead". MSFS is, to me, the most lively sim I have ever flown, going back to FSX and FS9 and earlier. Moving cars, moving people at airports, AI planes in the sky and on the ground, constant chatter with ATC ... it sure feels alive to me!

As many have said, it's an impressive world simulator rather than a impressive flight sim. The eye candy is very impressive, but they continue stripping even that back to improve performance, and the aircraft simulation aspect is just terrible at the moment. I really want it to improve but for now I'm not bothering to run it. It's not worth the frustration for me. 

Edited by Jeeper

You`re not alone.

Most cities that are not photogrammetry look like that gloomy Inception look to me. (all buildings about the same color, also the sky not being the vibrant Earth-Blue, but more like Pollution-Smog-Blue)

an-inception-inspired-shot-of-manhattan-

Edited by StoreyedTrain
  • Like 1

Gee, I turned my monitor color all the way down and it looked just like your picture.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

14 hours ago, edpatino said:

Yes, some patience is needed. There are also so many issues after the recent USA World Update, that the table is full of homework for Asobo. I also fear that bringing more realism to the sim will cause another set of steps... backwards... 😆

Cheers, Ed

What exactly are so many issues? I haven't had any ctd or problems. Care to elaborate?