Sign in to follow this  
James Callan

Stutters every 60 seconds?

I noticed in EVGA's Precision X1 that GPU usage (roughly 98%) shows a dip (and microstutter) every 60 seconds exactly.  The tracing over time looks like an unhealthy EKG!

Any thoughts on cause/remedy?

• Like 1

I've seen that with anti virus and anti malware programs.  Could be a number of other background services or running applications though.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Is this during any of the missions, such as the bush flights?  As it autosaves during these and causes this blip exactly every 60 seconds.  It is widely reported.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On Windows 7 Zone Alarm Free Firewall runs very well with low resources. In Windows 10, Zone Alarm consumes many times 40% of the processor when idle. I found out that it was a tool called something like CEF, it does some heurystic analysis.

Are they serious offloading their analytical work to private users PC? Their analytical work is supposed to run on server machines and not to offload iton user`s PC. No way I pay electricity for them and wear my machine. Fools

Long story, I would also suspect Anti-Virus, Task Manager gives a wealth of information how much RAM and CPU is used.

On 11/29/2020 at 11:36 PM, James Callan said:

Thanks. I only use Defender, but I’ll look into that. That.

HI James

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I have the same problem and can't figure out what it ies.

Cheers grudi

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/3lQsySL" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/3lQsySL"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4 minutes ago, grudi said:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/3lQsySL" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/3lQsySL"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you were trying to "embed" an image, just copy and paste the BBCode from imgur.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

If you were trying to "embed" an image, just copy and paste the BBCode from imgur.

yep. I tried, but it somehow didn't work. 

There are a number of things that cycle every 60 seconds. Windows Defender and Windows Bitlocker are common ones, 

It also might be worth running Process Lasso and enabling Bitsum Real Tine CPU optimisation.

Thanks to all. I've stopped the Virus scanner but still have this issue. 

Litterally tried everything. 

Gonna look at the above link. I have a simliar configuration as @Blueline308

• AsRock Phantom Gaming Z490 ITX/TB3
  • Intel 1GB Ethernet LAN
  • i7 10700K OC to 4.9GHZ
  • Custom Cooling Solution
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX  DDR4-3200, DIMM 288, 2x16 GB
  • Zotec RTX3060TI GPU running 461.09 drivers, undervolted to 875mV
  • WD Gaming 1000GB, M.2 2280
  • Sandisk Extreme PRO 1000GB, M.2 2280
  • Windows 10 Pro 64
  • 300 Mbs cable internet (very stable & consistent)

If you keep MSFS running in the background (set an autopilot on something), then either alt-tab or alt-enter out to the desktop, you can start Windows Task Manager to see what is spiking every sixty seconds.

Start task manager, make sure it is on 'processes', and you may need to click on 'more details' to show everything.

Then click on 'CPU' to sort the processes using the most CPU time to the top (MSFS should be there and using a considerable amount (25%+).
Monitor the screen, and whatever is causing a pause every sixty seconds should show for a split second towards the top of that CPU column.  It will either jump above MSFS for a second in the list, or show in second place just below it.

Just a note - certain things like bush flight missions in MSFS use autosave, and this has definitely been proven to cause a slight pause or stutter every sixty seconds exactly
Sorry - already said this earlier in the thread.

I really hope you find the cause - it must be really frustrating for you.  I believe it must be solvable with enough investigation. 

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.