Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

EA Terrain Lighting Bug

So I've noticed that at sunrise and sunset with EA "On", the mountain terrain glows almost white. It only effects mountains. The flat terrain does not have this issue. I think it may have to do with the haze or volumetric fog or something? You can reset the scenery so that is displays properly by cycling EA on-off-on. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I'm using ASP3D but don't think that program would cause this issue. I wonder if @simbol or @Rob_Ainscough know if this is a bug that LM already know about? 

I've also noticed the moon brightness as night is way over done. It seems really bad with snow textures. Flying into Pacsim KSLC at night with winter textures is like flying in during the day.

Eric 

I asked already ways to reduce the amount of haze..

You need to post pictures or videos.. Hard to understand what you see just by text, it might be this has been reported or not.. I need graphics to understand.

S.

21 minutes ago, B777ER said:

So I've noticed that at sunrise and sunset with EA "On", the mountain terrain glows almost white. It only effects mountains. The flat terrain does not have this issue. I think it may have to do with the haze or volumetric fog or something? You can reset the scenery so that is displays properly by cycling EA on-off-on. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I'm using ASP3D but don't think that program would cause this issue. I wonder if @simbol or @Rob_Ainscough know if this is a bug that LM already know about? 

I've also noticed the moon brightness as night is way over done. It seems really bad with snow textures. Flying into Pacsim KSLC at night with winter textures is like flying in during the day.

are you running envshade there shaders at the moment cause a similar effect

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Reinstall the P3D client.

I had this issue after installing Envshade. They are yet to bring out a fix for it.

CPU: i7 11700K @ 5.0 Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 | Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z590-F  | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200MHz | Harddrive: 3x Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD | Peripherals: TrackIR 5, Fulcrum One Yoke, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

51 minutes ago, Avionixz said:

Reinstall the P3D client.

I had this issue after installing Envshade. They are yet to bring out a fix for it.

Yep, I'm running EnvShade. Can't one just reinstall the files from the backup folder that EnvTex made or delete the shaders folder to have the sim rebuild the shaders?

Eric 

1 hour ago, cannow said:

are you running envshade there shaders at the moment cause a similar effect

I am in fact. Will a simple deletion of the shaders folder and allowing P3D to rebuild them solve this?

Eric 

unfortunately not , I had to reinstall client or wait for there update.

Colin hodds

52 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I am in fact. Will a simple deletion of the shaders folder and allowing P3D to rebuild them solve this?

Hi Eric,

I had the same issue and solved it in the following way:

- Open Envdir --> Envshade --> Deactivate Envshade, clear shaders and apply the changes

- Delete "ShadersHLSL" folder inside P3D folder

- Right click on "Install_Client" and click on repair. This can be downloaded from LM's site although you probably already have it if you saved the download of the latest hotfix.

KSLC mountains after that:

UeRwFrl.png

• Like 2

I thought that with the EA enabled, the cloud, sky textures as well as the shaders set up in the external software (like ENVSHADE) are inactive? 

My question is, is there a point to use the Envshade with EA on or EA is also taking care of this aspect of visuals (shaders)? 

Thanks 

there will be when they release there promised update

Colin hodds