Sign in to follow this  
raofaisal

Wideview Software Users for MSFS 2020

Anyone using Wideview software for MSFS 2020 to obtain panoramic view on multiple monitors through networked multiple computers ? 

Hello, I am the "WidevieW man", you are welcome for any question.

I am using WidevieW also for myself, to drive three 50" (4K) TVs, but I am using it in a very particular way. The master computer (server) still uses FSX (cause, I cannot upgrade to MSFS because of missing favorite add-ons and drivers for peripherals), while the clients are all MSFS based.

So, this is a true "mixed" configuration, letting me to use MSFS just as a visual generator. Server can be FSX, P3D (or, of course, even MSFS, using so a "plain" setup).

Here some shots, sorry for the poor HDR quality, I took them on a hurry with a phone while flying over Utah.

wideview-fsx-fs2020-1.jpg

wideview-fsx-fs2020-2.jpg

wideview-fsx-fs2020-3.jpg

As you can see from this picture, the "boss" is still FSX, but visuals are all MSFS based. This is interesting, for example, if you want to run PMDG but want to enjoy MSFS scenery at the same time.

This configuration requires 4 computers in a LAN, one license of MSFS (or the simulator you use) on each PC and WidevieW software.

Again, you are very welcome for any question, please post here.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Yes, it is done via WidevieW software. The master computer (the computer where the aircraft actually flies) can be based on MSFS, P3D or FSX, while the client computers (driving the visual) can be MSFS. You need a minimum of 2 computers in a LAN (and one additional computer for any further "view" you would like to add).

😍 A little bit of pee just came out!!  Tell me more?  Are you saying we can have all the refinements of something like fsx or xplane, and combine it with MSFS visuals??? 

• Like 4

Yes, there is some manual work to do for the initial setup and some very minor compromise, but I'm enjoying this from long time now and works so well. Here there is the user's guide discussing also mixed configurations FSX / P3D / MSFS.

Do you suggest using FSX for your 530/430 and G1000 along with other peripherals? Are you still able to navigate and start your flight using FS2020? The aircraft is using FSX flight model and not FS2020? 

Just so I'm able to wrap my head around what you are doing.

computer1: Left Screen: Own copy of FS2020, locked to the left view using config file

Computer2 Middle Screen: Own Copy of FS2020 locked to the middle using config file

Computer3: Right screen: Own Copy of FS2020, locked to the right using config file.

Computer4: Server: Own copy of FSX,  All flight peripherals plugged into this computer (yoke, rudder, Switches, Realsimgear, Saitek panels, air manager)

23 minutes ago, lucianon said:

Here there is the user's guide

Mad props to @GSalden for rocking a home cockpit in the 1990s! 😀
Seriously impressive commitment to get an 'immersive experience' with that tech.

8J9vfti.jpg

Prefer his current setup more though!

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

23 minutes ago, Doublejj said:

Do you suggest using FSX for your 530/430 and G1000 along with other peripherals? Are you still able to navigate and start your flight using FS2020? The aircraft is using FSX flight model and not FS2020? 

Just so I'm able to wrap my head around what you are doing.

computer1: Left Screen: Own copy of FS2020, locked to the left view using config file

Computer2 Middle Screen: Own Copy of FS2020 locked to the middle using config file

Computer3: Right screen: Own Copy of FS2020, locked to the right using config file.

Computer4: Server: Own copy of FSX,  All flight peripherals plugged into this computer (yoke, rudder, Switches, Realsimgear, Saitek panels, air manager)

Yes, exactly.

Computer 1, 2, 3: each one running a local (licensed) copy of FS2020, with view angle properly set.

Computer 4: server running FSX (or P3D or even FS2020), this is the computer where I actually fly.

Clients are therefore just "dummy" scenery generators (via FS2020), while everything related to flight is done on server (input periferals, cockpit hardware, 530/G1000 is connected here). Server is also the computer where the instrument panel is displayed (in case you don't have hardware panels) / no gauges can be used on clients. Flight model is of course from FSX/P3D (unless you use FS2020 also on server).

Edited by lucianon
  • Like 1

This is GREAT! starting to get my head wrapped around it all.

I have a cockpit setup very similar to yours (3x4k TV's surrounding me with a mixture of real sim gear, spad and air manager)

Assuming I'd like to stick with just FS2020 for Server and clients, (only drawback I have in FS2020 is the G1000's configs in the game are not complete, every other peripheral works correctly). Is there any benefit for me having four computers (1 server for peripherals, and 3 for scenery)? I would assume just use the middle screen computer as my Server. 

Since your using FS2020 for viewing only have you came up with a way to minimize FPS impact on those views ie. deleting the cockpit entirely so it doesn't have to compute stuff that doesn't matter, or maybe some things in settings?

Thanks for you help!

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Mad props to @GSalden for rocking a home cockpit in the 1990s! 😀
Seriously impressive commitment to get an 'immersive experience' with that tech.

8J9vfti.jpg

Prefer his current setup more though!

Brings back great memories. This was 2003-2004 the Phoenix 747 where I split the MIP panel and made a left and right part for it. 

2020 stil using WidevieW from Luciano https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d8bx2ytf22qe26/Foto 07-09-2020 15 08 49.jpg?dl=0

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 5

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

26 minutes ago, Doublejj said:

Assuming I'd like to stick with just FS2020 for Server and clients, (only drawback I have in FS2020 is the G1000's configs in the game are not complete, every other peripheral works correctly). Is there any benefit for me having four computers (1 server for peripherals, and 3 for scenery)? I would assume just use the middle screen computer as my Server. 

Since your using FS2020 for viewing only have you came up with a way to minimize FPS impact on those views ie. deleting the cockpit entirely so it doesn't have to compute stuff that doesn't matter, or maybe some things in settings?

Thanks for you help!

Yes, you may use the server to drive the front view as well. I usually prefer to avoid this, mainly to get as large as possible instrument panel view (so, without space for scenery). Also, keep in mind that if you rotate the view on sever, maybe to better see an instrument, the rotation will not be replicated on the clients (but perhaps this will be possible with a better SimConnect supporting cameras in the future). In any case you may simply rotate the view back to original angle, to have the views matching again with clients.

On clients, you may remove all the gauges from panel files and set glass cockpit refresh rate to low, to gain some FPS.

What the Heck! 🙂 🙂 🙂

I am now interested in this. I now have 3 PCs and I can get one more and make this work

Assuming 3 MSFS and 1 P3D 4 running PMDG and my home cockpit Flight illusion gauges and Go flight H/W.

Hmmmm Now I need to read that white paper. I experimented with WV 20 years ago as a proof of concenpt with two PCs. I've now forgotten.

The Q I have is, Would the clouds like up within the 3 MSFS screens? I believe the AI would?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Very cool. @lucianon do you run into any problems where the terrain doesn't match up? I'm especially wondering about airports with sloped runways, since those are not supported in FSX, but they are in MSFS.