Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Do not exceed xxx knots

>> someone is emailing ATC to verify this.wow I didnt realize at what lengths you go to try to prove yourself right...>by all means you could be correct.tell that to everyone else in this topic

>>> someone is emailing ATC to verify this.>>wow I didnt realize at what lengths you go to try to prove>yourself right...>>>by all means you could be correct.>>tell that to everyone else in this topicAl, you asked a question, you were given honest, well meaning answers by people who have actual real world experience in aviation. However, you managed to turn that simple question which was answered within the first reply into a 75 post long argumentative thread by arguing with every person who replied to you. Instead of thanking those who gave you real answers, you snarl that they waste your time. Obviously, you did not mean to ask a question, but rather to veil an assertion conceived through your experiences sitting in your bedroom listening to an aviation band scanner. You do have an attitude problem, as others have noted. Either (1) you are trolling, (2) you are pre-adolescent, or (3) an adult with psychiatric problems, I do not know and can't tell sitting here. All three are equally likely, as far as I can tell at this point. Here, I will say it for you: "There is no more 250kt speed below 10000 in the USA anymore." Now, are you happy?

give me a break, dont try to play revisionist here. I was attacked since the first set of posts, including one from a pilot who said it never happens and everyone else agreed I should take that as the word of God and STFUI have no attitude problem, I have a problem listening to the childish attitudes of those around me. and I wasn't in the bedroom or basement of my mommys house as you probably imagine.I guess that is what struck a nerve with you pilots. instead of being happy to talk with and educate people who are not professional pilots, and interesting in people who enjoy the job you do, almost all of you turn into selfish smarta--es who never step down from their throne and throw stones from their windowed houses

another example of "my" attitude problem"Nobody, repeat, NOBODY goes faster than 250 kts <10K (In the US) unless the clean speed needs to be higher than that. "a comment which is, A. wrong, and B. insulting

and regarding your pointless comment about the ATC testing in the IAH area. from airliners.netlooks like a pilot disagrees with you"In Houston we did cancel the 250 KIAS for departures at the controllers discretion which most did or the pilot would ask for, worked fabulous, less delays, better efficiency for most aircraft in the climb and not 1 incident as in NMAC, pilot deviation, controller error, TCAS event and 1 reported bird strike at 280 KIAS around 8,000'.....so some pilot union determined it unsafe.....guess those Canadian Geese don't fly on departure/arrival routes or that same pilot union doesn't fly into Canada. Worked great for 7-8 years, bring it back!"

You need to find something else to do that berate people whom you deem lower than you on to totem pole

Guest DNelson

>> they were clearned to an altitude below 10k but>were told do not exceed 280 knots. nothing about 280 knots>above 10k or anything similar. To me, it looked like the ATC>was allowing higher speeds>Why does the story of what you heard keep changing? In the thread starter, you stated that you heard "climb and maintain FLxx do not exceed 280 knots". Maintain "flight level" whatever implies an altitude above 18,000 feet. Then a couple posts later you said it was "climb and maintain 13 thousand". Again, cleared to an altitude above 10,000.Now you're saying they were cleared to something below 10,000? And even if they were, Hornit posted a perfectly understandable reason of why that sometimes happens in post #70.

>You need to find something else to do than berate people whom>you deem lower than you on to totem poleYou definitely have issues with your self esteem which is manifesting itself in an argumentative nature here. Finding insults where there was none to begin with always ends up self fulfilling. Seek help.

>and regarding your pointless comment about the ATC testing in>the IAH area. from airliners.net>Why don't you keep your trolling to airliners.net?

Guest CRJ700FO

>and regarding your pointless comment about the ATC testing in>the IAH area. from airliners.netmy gosh. airliners.net. why they know all!!

Al, I think you totaly misinterpreted my "attitude" towards you. This medium is not the best for conveying emotions or meanings. No condescension or "attitude" was directed at you at all. I was merely pointing out the fact that no one intentionally goes faster than 250 below 10K in the US. Did you not read my latest post on this? It is often given as a restriction even if we are not cleared above 10,000 feet but is a restriction never the less until it gets lifted by another controller down the road. It still does not mean nor imply you can go faster below 10K. If you do it and are caught you risk certain violation and certificate action. Depending on the airport we may talk to one controller for quite a bit on departure and he may handle us from 1500 feet or so through about 15,000. If he clears us to level at 9,000 and issues a restriction to 280, its implied that we wont ACCELERATE above that once we get cleared above 10,000' The controller is simply planning ahead, thats all. So he then clears us above 10,000 and we don't go faster than 280, he doesnt have to waste radio chat to do it as we already are under the restriction. I would just about bet my carreer on the fact that this is not allowed in any circumstance with commercial aircraft unless required by weight restrictions or you are in international airspace. If you have seen posts by me on other forums on this board, you would know I'm not the type you are describing. It bothers me when I get labeled falsely. I have always been about helping folks out and thats why I answered in this thread, nothing more should be read into it than that, and no animosity has been directed at you. Hornit

what are you talking about? i read that website sometimes, i dont post there

it appears a pilot believes it worked, I was just giving *gasp* an alternate opinion. not everything is set in stone