Sign in to follow this  
joe cooper

CARENADO ctd

1 hour ago, rlaycock said:

what are the spots I must not use?

The best strategy is to not start up the plane for now.. just wait until the next version is released.  My C182 and M20 are parked in the grass.

Bert

I understand the frustration with the CTD....however, ..it's always refreshing to see others are having the same issues. (smile)  Like someone else have stated already......eventually there will be an update or fix to the problem.  I'll have to find something else to putz around in for the time being. (smile)

Cheers,

19 minutes ago, 1SgtMajor said:

I understand the frustration with the CTD....however, ..it's always refreshing to see others are having the same issues. (smile)  Like someone else have stated already......eventually there will be an update or fix to the problem.  I'll have to find something else to putz around in for the time being. (smile)

Cheers,

Just FYI. All CTDs have been fixed since yesterday's hot fix

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

22 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Isn't there supposed to be an update for the Mooney? I guess that one will be released either this Thursday or on 10/22.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Isn't there supposed to be an update for the Mooney? I guess that one will be released either this Thursday or on 10/22.

My guess is that there may not be a need now. Perhaps that is what was causing the delay, Carenado wanted to fix their models but Asobo wanted to make a more comprehensive update to prevent this happening to future aircraft.

32 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I thought Carenado update is tomorrow. What we got is Asobo side fix

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I thought Carenado update is tomorrow. What we got is Asobo side fix

That's what I thought. Maybe tomorrow.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hopefully they'll tone down the external icing visuals a bit. I flew the Mooney M20 yesterday with no problems, but when I looked at it on the external view all iced up when clear of clouds, I had 'dashing through the snow...' playing in my head. Anything with that much ice on it would in reality have had the aerodynamics of a grand piano, 🤣 still, it's a great add-on, well worth having, and it'll be a definite favourite for Air Hauler when it comes out next week for MSFS with its good turn of speed, as will the Seminole and the 182T, which is really why I bought them all.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, Hyperfocal said:

My guess is that there may not be a need now. Perhaps that is what was causing the delay, Carenado wanted to fix their models but Asobo wanted to make a more comprehensive update to prevent this happening to future aircraft.

I don't know if Asobo fixed Carenado problems or just put in error handling to catch problems before they CTD.

James

Mooney CTD problems are fixed, just did a couple T&Gs.  Sitting on the ground you can open the door and hear loud airplane noises. panel switches seem to be working although you don't need the fuel pump to start so it's moot.  I did not fiddle with the GNS530 to see if that's any better.  Progress!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Many Thanks!!  I'll have to go check it out.

Cheers!!