Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Longitude - Try This Mod

On 11/30/2020 at 11:20 PM, Ricardo41 said:

The mod is now on v 1.3. Installation is super simple. You only need to replace one file in the core folder. Rename that file and put it back in before you launch the sim to patch it. The rest goes into the community folder. 

All of it needs to go into the Community folder. It's too easy to forget and then your sim get's screwed up depending on what Asobo updated.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Double post by mistake.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I really like this mod and used it from the very first version. But since the "mini update" today, i have CTD while the flight is loaded. It happens very late in the loading process, short before u are in the cockpit. Anyone else experienced it? I will try without the mod again. 

7 minutes ago, ankh21 said:

I really like this mod and used it from the very first version. But since the "mini update" today, i have CTD while the flight is loaded. It happens very late in the loading process, short before u are in the cockpit. Anyone else experienced it? I will try without the mod again. 

Did you restore the core file that was modded with this "mod" before running the update ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I updated the sim with the "mini patch" without removing the mod and the changed file. The Longitude loaded up just fine. 

On 12/2/2020 at 9:23 PM, Dillon said:

All of it needs to go into the Community folder. It's too easy to forget and then your sim get's screwed up depending on what Asobo updated.

It's one file. Put a sticky note on your PC to remind yourself to remove it before you update the sim. It's literally - let me repeat this - ONE FILE. In addition, I believe the author of the mod is working on getting the mod packaged entirely into the community folder. 

I mean, seriously, folks have been complaining about the lackluster Longitude since the release of MSFS 2020. Now here's a guy who is actively working on improving this plane. He's active on the forum, listens and incorporates feed back. But, no, let's nitpick about the gargantuan and herculean task of replacing one file.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

But, no, let's nitpick about the gargantuan and herculean task of replacing one file.

I think you misunderstand... replacing ANY file in the MSFS core structure is asking for trouble.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Bert

8 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I think you misunderstand... replacing ANY file in the MSFS core structure is asking for trouble.

nonsense. it is 1 file in 1 aircraft folder not some core structure of anything.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

nonsense. it is 1 file in 1 aircraft folder not some core structure of anything.

"Fall Colors"  was two files in one Vegetation folder... and boom!

So you take your chances..

• Like 2

Bert

50 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's one file. Put a sticky note on your PC to remind yourself to remove it before you update the sim. It's literally - let me repeat this - ONE FILE. In addition, I believe the author of the mod is working on getting the mod packaged entirely into the community folder. 

I mean, seriously, folks have been complaining about the lackluster Longitude since the release of MSFS 2020. Now here's a guy who is actively working on improving this plane. He's active on the forum, listens and incorporates feed back. But, no, let's nitpick about the gargantuan and herculean task of replacing one file.

Why the drama?. Some people don't like or want to mess with core files. Do you think your response is going to change any minds ?

You do you. glad it worked out for you. As long as it involves modding a core file ill pass till the sim is more mature.

Have a good one.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 minute ago, Maxis said:

Why the drama?. Some people don't like or want to mess with core files. Do you think your response is going to change any minds ?

No but hopefully it keeps this honest so as not to scare others into thinking something it is not

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

No but hopefully it keeps this honest so as not to scare others into thinking something it is not

Well thats debatable and a matter of opinion.

Ill leave it at that.

12 hours ago, Maxis said:

Did you restore the core file that was modded with this "mod" before running the update ?

Of course 🙂 But after further testing, even with the original Longitude and without any other mod (except ORBX scenery) i get CTD. So i will do further testing. The last time i experienced this, the Azure Voices for Live ATC was the culpric. So i won't feel bored the coming weekend i guess 😉

I'm gonna have to have to get help with this mod the jet only shows 13,068 pounds of fuel it should be showing 14,593 pounds of fuel I got it all working 

Edited by awash2002