Sign in to follow this  
Cognita

CRJ!

52 minutes ago, micstatic said:

With all the heat so far this simulator had been taking I hope they don’t rush it. This simulator needs a testament to show it can support high level airplanes. 

Yup. MSFS really needs a standout showcase add-on airliner product. Doesn't have to be FSL-level, just needs to be solid and pleasing to use. It needs to be sub the £50 quid mark as well so it invites new flight simmers to not freak out at the price tag.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Why does anyone think this is going to be a smooth release? It's 1. Aerosoft 2. a new platform 3. obviously being rushed. Red flags all over this.

I'll buy it as soon as it hits the shelves!  I love the CRJ Pro and, although this may have some bugs, I believe it  will be worth supporting Aerosoft while they get it cleaned up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kaha said:

If it really is released shortly suggests that it uses the Sims AP and FMS functionality.

Why would otherwise PMDG, Leonardo or FSLabs not be able to release their aeroplanes earlier?

I'm curious.

Karl

Aerosoft is a business partner with Asobo developing the SDK.  They provided the source code for the CRJ to Asobo as an example of a third party aircraft and Asobo has been directly helping them get it working. 

42 minutes ago, WestAir said:

How study level is it? Are the engines unique? (Slightly different EGT / Oil Pressure / etc), ability to mismanage systems? (Overheat / melt brakes on RTO) or is this low - mid range?

Don't take my questions the wrong way. This is exciting I just want to know what I'm in for when I buy.

I'd check this post and thread on the Aerosoft forum, it is very informative  - https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155410-aerosoft-aircraft-crj-for-msfs/&do=findComment&comment=1003662

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

This reply from Hans Hartman to someone with a lot of complaints about the P3D v5 CRJ was pretty entertaining.

"Professional" is the tag for ALL of Aerosoft's Prepar3D v4 and v5 products. It has nothing to do with the quality or features of the product itself. The price is appropriate because it reflects the amount of work that goes this product. If you want a professional product you can certainly buy one at one of the larger training software manufacturers. I'm sure they will put a very professional price - probably somewhere in the 5 digit range to a free-play fixed base solution with visual (even without hardware) on it. We're working with a minimum of available information and even the current state would never have been possible without our very nice and helpful volunteers. It's not like I have a ICAO type 7 CRJ sim in my basement and an ATPL plus type rating in my pocket.  I'm sorry, if the CRJ doesn't meet your professional needs, but that's not what it was made for. Anyway, fortunately I don't have to get my Sunday ruined by people who pop up once a year and post a long rant. I rather go back to work and lock this thread for good.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/154658-professional-is-it-really-though/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

This reply from Hans Hartman to someone with a lot of complaints about the P3D v5 CRJ was pretty entertaining.

Lol.. The customer is always WRONG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, NightOfDreams said:

"Professional" is the tag for ALL of Aerosoft's Prepar3D v4 and v5 products. It has nothing to do with the quality or features of the product itself. The price is appropriate because it reflects the amount of work that goes this product. If you want a professional product you can certainly buy one at one of the larger training software manufacturers. I'm sure they will put a very professional price - probably somewhere in the 5 digit range to a free-play fixed base solution with visual (even without hardware) on it. We're working with a minimum of available information and even the current state would never have been possible without our very nice and helpful volunteers. It's not like I have a ICAO type 7 CRJ sim in my basement and an ATPL plus type rating in my pocket.  I'm sorry, if the CRJ doesn't meet your professional needs, but that's not what it was made for. Anyway, fortunately I don't have to get my Sunday ruined by people who pop up once a year and post a long rant. I rather go back to work and lock this thread for good.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/154658-professional-is-it-really-though/

That reply is absolutely amazing, and makes me want to buy this plane that much more.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, NightOfDreams said:

That used a lot of characters for a reply which essentially amounted to 'why don't you eff off?'. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sound like Hartman skin is very thin for being in this business for that long. If I was Asobo I'd rather partner with A2A

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

autothrottle-not-this.jpg

• Like 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

3 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Aerosoft is a business partner with Asobo developing the SDK.  They provided the source code for the CRJ to Asobo as an example of a third party aircraft and Asobo has been directly helping them get it working. 

I'd check this post and thread on the Aerosoft forum, it is very informative  - https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155410-aerosoft-aircraft-crj-for-msfs/&do=findComment&comment=1003662

Yep, Asobo getting advice from those clowns at Aerosoft for how to code the SDK will be their downfall. Scenery they produce and aircraft are no were near top tier. Even their so called "Professional" scenery is a slap in the face to everyone that calls themselves a professional.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

Ummmm...didn’t it take Aerosoft/Hans, like 6 years to produce the CRJ?  Even then at launch it was hugely buggy.

I can’t see how this is going to get to the msfs platform so quickly, without issues or major compromises.

That said, hope I’m wrong.

2 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

"Professional" is the tag for ALL of Aerosoft's Prepar3D v4 and v5 products. It has nothing to do with the quality or features of the product itself. The price is appropriate because it reflects the amount of work that goes this product. If you want a professional product you can certainly buy one at one of the larger training software manufacturers.

Hmmm... Got to admit that is an interesting albeit strange reply.

So professional doesn’t have anything to do with the quality or features of the product itself? Kind of an oxymoron.

So Aerosoft can make any plane or scenery they want for P3D and slap the “Professional” tag on it but just because it’s tagged as “Professional” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s any good or has accurate features?

If I were that guy who posted that, I’d probably want a do over as that doesn’t really instill confidence that their products are any good despite being called Professional.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Knowing avsim, as soon as this is released, it'll be time to stock up on popcorn and brews. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Knowing avsim, as soon as this is released, it'll be time to stock up on popcorn and brews. 

But unfortunately we can already write the script on how it will unfold. Just like in politics there are not many people here voting outside of their party/sim.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //