Sign in to follow this  
Joe Long

A320NEO Auto Pilot Issue

If I start a flight cold and dark in the A320NEO (FBW or default), the auto pilot does not work.  I am able to go through all of the pre-takeoff procedures, including taxiing to the active and taking off.  But when I engage the auto pilot, the plane veers off to the left or right and I then completely lose control of the aircraft.  I tried disabling the AP, and then turning it on again, but no joy.  I also removed all of the A320 liveries.  (I saw a post that suggested that that might be the reason for the problem.)  That didn't work either.

However, if I start with the engines running, at the runway threshold, and take off, the auto pilot works beautifully.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  I tried using the Repair option, but I'm reluctant to try the Reset option because I don't want to lose my data.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe LaBracio

Yes.  This is a known issue and it is frustrating as it appears to be sporadic.   I have had issues where the A320 AP will put me into a death spiral and overspeed me, completely ignoring the Auto Throtttle, and then on others, it will ignore the flight plan and simply circle in a 1degree bank with no intention on going to the next waypoint.

The only consistent behavior is the inability to climb with any authority between FL200 and FL300 as it seems it limits the climbs at those altitudes to 700FPM or less and often down to 100 to 200 FPM.  

The team at FlybyWire have just updated with a Temp fix in the last hour. If you download the latest Dev Version, all may be well again 

4 minutes ago, LeeRid78 said:

The team at FlybyWire have just updated with a Temp fix in the last hour. If you download the latest Dev Version, all may be well again 

Good to know. Must have missed that one when I updated the dev version 1.5 hours ago leaving me with the very same steady right banking and circling... will check back tomorrow 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

It’s literally just been merged into the latest build. All tests so far and AP is working good. 
FBW are tweeting as we speak. Great news 

3 minutes ago, LeeRid78 said:

Great news 

Indeed. Cudos to the fbw gang!

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 minutes ago, DAD said:

Indeed. Cudos to the fbw gang!

Absolutely, and sounds like Asobo have listened and assisted FBW in the temp fix. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LeeRid78 said:

Asobo have listened and assisted FBW in the temp fix

Let’s hope Asobo get their house in order and now proceed to fix every other aircraft in the sim - a hot fix, not in the next month or three.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

A big one for the FlyByWireSim team and an implied acknowledgement from Asobo as to the merit/importance of this mod. The temporary fix was identified by Asobo, who provided it to the mod team before a more permanent fix will be implemented in MSFS for their own A320 (and other airplanes).

Edited by Donstim
  • Like 2

YES! It works. Thanks FBW ... and Asobo. Perfectly caught the FMS plan and flies right now from Atlanta to KLAS. 

However, one caveat to those still seeing issues with the latest FBW dev version: try to use the FBW livery. I did try a free repaint before and it did not work, kept steering rights and did not catch the flight plan. 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

Thanks a lot. It works again; use it now with the latest develop version FBW.

Peter

• Like 1

Windows 11 / MSFS from MS-Store and EFB2 from Aivlasoft