Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

A320 autopilot has been fixed!

12 hours ago, JHaas said:

If you had read through the github posting you will see that they thank Sebastian from ASOBO for his help.

Maybe this same person can fix the terrain issues that I have after the last patch and send it to me? 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Wonder if the A320 A/P mod can be easily adapted to other aircraft mod's until the official fix?

Ken

just tried a flight with the a320-  what a joke.  This game just breaks more and more each update.  It's purely not fun to have to download multiple fixes after each update.  It's also clear no one is testing these patches because the updates just break basic things.  If ASOBO can't figure things out I'm going to be done with their airliners and will be forced to buy add ons once they are ready.  It's pretty clear to me ASOBO can't be trusted and is borderline incompetant at this point.  Sad to say as I was a life long Flight Sim player and it was a major reason I pursued my PPL.  This is not fun though.

I've never downloaded from Github- can anyone paste the link directly to the file I need to download to get the default a320 autopilot to work?

Hi JS Pilot,

I have been using the FBW A320 Neo since it was launched, its much better, but you have to learn a bit more about the systems as its more in depth. I can confirm that it is working fine. You need the downloader, then go for the development version, download it and fly!

https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jspilot said:

just tried a flight with the a320-  what a joke.  This game just breaks more and more each update.  It's purely not fun to have to download multiple fixes after each update.  It's also clear no one is testing these patches because the updates just break basic things.  If ASOBO can't figure things out I'm going to be done with their airliners and will be forced to buy add ons once they are ready.  It's pretty clear to me ASOBO can't be trusted and is borderline incompetant at this point.  Sad to say as I was a life long Flight Sim player and it was a major reason I pursued my PPL.  This is not fun though.

I've never downloaded from Github- can anyone paste the link directly to the file I need to download to get the default a320 autopilot to work?

Add-ons will have exactly the same issues beyond their own bugs they will suffer the same game wide bugs too.

CJ

3 minutes ago, Ash624 said:

I can confirm that it is working fine

I must have got a different aircraft. Thought i would try the NEO for the heck of it. What a nightmare that was! Flown many hours in the FSlabs, Toliss and Aerosoft Airbuses. It was like the default B737 FSX with a terrible autopilot.  Perhaps I'm missing an update or something?

Edited by Adrian123

Adrian,

I have been having all of the hassles and frustrations regarding the A/P that most have been having with the Neo since the last update broke it. It is now much better and usable, currently in the air with it!

You must use the development version though. You need the most recent one as it was only updated a few hours ago. Use the automated downloader/installer, its easy.

Ian

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ash624 said:

You must use the development version though. You need the most recent one as it was only updated a few hours ago. Use the automated downloader/installer, its easy.

The from Github, that I thought I had.?

19 minutes ago, DAD said:

So for them its only the A320?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

12 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Add-ons will have exactly the same issues beyond their own bugs they will suffer the same game wide bugs too.

CJ

Right-  forgot about that.  Basically this game just keeps breaking.

Releasing a flying game without a working autopilot( which has to be used to realistically complete most of the flying in this game) is akin to EA sports releasing Madden 21 with players that run the wrong direction.  It’s inexcusable and reflective of a company that is just out to suck our money into their pockets.  I would never recommend this game to anyone at this point.  

If what I just tried was the "fixed" version, I would hate to see the original. Had absolutely no lateral control using Heading mode and the Vertical mode? Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground. Manual flight was quite nice.🙂

Edited by Adrian123

Don't know why some of you are still having issues. I flew and completed several flights successfully in the FBW320NX since last night without any problems. I just use their installer and made sure to grab and install the latest dev branch.

Also are you guys with problems taking off from the runway or doing a C&D start up?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Don't know why some of you are still having issues. I flew and completed several flights successfully in the FBW320NX since last night without any problems. I just use their installer and made sure to grab and install the latest dev branch.

Also are you guys with problems taking off from the runway or doing a C&D start up?

It may simply be because the MCU logic is different from the FS/Xplane Airbus logic I'm use to. After hand flying and messing with the AP, I was finally able to get it to do what I would normally do with others.

Guys,

What are your controller null zones?

One of the main issues has always been "nullzones" on whatever controllers you are using since the second patch. Go to controls/sensitivities and have null zones around 5% for pitch, roll and yaw. If you dont the A/P may just ignore what you want to do.