Sign in to follow this  
sanh

Great example of Asobo trying to help resolve issues

Yes I know they are introducing annoying bugs but when the (i assume) CEO of Asobo is helping the A320 mod team fix the AP bug perhaps we should be a little more grateful 

References

Special thanks to Sebastian from Asobo for helping to diagnose the issue and come up with this temporary solution.

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/2140

Edited by sanh
  • Like 20

They need to do this for other issues such as lightning where it should not be and the terrain/mesh that I have to deal with.

Then they should wait three months before they release another update that breaks another feature.

In any other line of work this kind of incompetence is a fireable offense.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

They need to do this for other issues such as lightning where it should not be and the terrain/mesh that I have to deal with.

Then they should wait three months before they release another update that breaks another feature.

In any other line of work this kind of incompetence is a fieable offense.

If every developer/coder was fired for releasing a code train that broke something in a prior code train there wouldn't be many coders/developers left...  Otherwise no one would need hot fixes would they?  Should LM's developers all be fired for the EA issues?  Come on...

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 minute ago, psolk said:

If every developer/coder was fired for releasing a code train that broke something in a prior code train there wouldn't be many coders/developers left...  Otherwise no one would need hot fixes would they?  Should LM's developers all be fired for the EA issues?  Come on...

I got it. They are learning on the job.

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

In any other line of work this kind of incompetence is a fieable offense.

If these are your standards of when to fire your employees then you'd make a really lousy boss.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

If these are your standards of when to fire your employees then you'd make a really lousy boss.

Some members get upset when I continue to say please fix the "lighting" issue. Guess what, it's still not fixed and they even broke the AP and the terrain making the sim significantly less enjoyable for thousands of users. I'd say that's a fireable offense.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Some members get upset when I continue to say please fix the "lighting" issue. Guess what, it's still not fixed and they even broke the AP and the terrain making the sim significantly less enjoyable for thousands of users. I'd say that's a fireable offense.

You'r on a mission to get them fired it seems 😄

• Like 1

Just now, leprechaunlive said:

You'r on a mission to get them fired it seems 😄

No. Just trying to make a point.

• Like 1

Just now, DJJose said:

No. Just trying to make a point.

I think we got your point (since you make it in just about every threads :D)

But i feel you, i too have a broken Mooney and weird sim issues. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, leprechaunlive said:

I think we got your point (since you make it in just about every threads :D)

Repetition is the mother of skill. 😀

BTW, do you remember the scene in My Cousin Vinny when the judge asked how do you plead?

Edited by DJJose

Whenever I read posts with "they should be fired" I don't really care about whatever point the poster might have because it just reads as a tiresome rant not worthy of attention.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JacquesBrel said:

Whenever I read posts with "they should be fired" I don't really care about whatever point the poster might have because it just reads as a tiresome rant not worthy of attention.

There's no one more tired than me to constantly ask for them to fix something. It's more of a plead than a rant.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The bug threshold for video games is not as stringent as say, the number of bugs acceptable for a probe being launched to Mars, or the bugs acceptable for medical software where life/death is at stake.  From what I understand, they have been working on MSFS for 5 years already but if Asobo had slowed down their development to prioritize stability, MSFS possibly wouldn't have been released until 2025.

The problem is, some people still want a lot of changes so if Asobo is too slow and too careful to make changes in order to increase the stability, people will complain that there aren't enough changes in time.  Even if Asobo is very slow and very careful at this point, there may still be bugs because making a one line coding change on a project this complex can require a lot of testing to make sure that one line of code that changed didn't break any functionality.

The best solution is to have a beta testing branch.  What you should be pushing for is a beta testing branch instead. They may have plans for a beta testing branch for the VR release but I'm not sure if they will continue the beta testing branch after the VR release. In any case, we should hold Asobo to the beta testing branch, in case they decide to stop it after the VR release.

• Like 5

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Repetition is the mother of skill. 😀

BTW, do you remember the scene in My Cousin Vinny when the judge asked how do you plead?

Dude, im french, i literally have no idea what you'r talking about 😄 (thats not true actually, the name rings a bell). 

• Like 1