Sign in to follow this  
sanh

Great example of Asobo trying to help resolve issues

12 hours ago, slashed2 said:

I'm really curious about how they are modelling wind flow over terrain?  I've been flying a lot in Alaska and have noticed that when heading towards a mountain range I get turbulence before the mountain range if I have a headwind (obviously wind heading flowing over the mountains towards the aircraft), and no turbulence when I'm past the mountains (normal air though possible updrafts should exist).  Vice versa if I have a tailwind heading towards the mountains.  I do get up and down drafts but will have to see where these occur in relation to where the flow is.  Also, the stronger the wind speed the rougher the turbulence.

So they are modelling something there, just not sure if it's the advertised flow over terrain or some other trigger that creates the turbulence.

Back on topic, but I think the reason Asobo helping a freeware dev fix the autopilot has some significance is that I've seen some post that the Asobo team does not care about simmers.  I've seen that posted multiple times.  Hopefully, them providing a fix to a non revenue aircraft shows that they do care and that they seem invested heavily it getting things to work. I don't know the answer and no one here knows the answer but it's at least a positive sign in that respect.

From what was written about by this by one the more advanced Add-on devs, Its not modelled. Its just a layer in the SDK, a value you set. Its not computed, its triggered, Just like the way your plane bounces around the same with a 10Knt or 50Knt X wind.True or not I dont know, that's what I read! Smoke & Mirrors maybe?

Edited by a321

I have seen up- and downdraughts over terrain.  There is a big one on the Sedona landing challenge over the hill on final, for example, but I have seen them with live weather outside landing challenges too.  While the effect of wind on the default planes may not be 100% accurate, I think the effect of terrain on wind seems reasonably well done.  I've also seen increased turbulence between skyscrapers in windy conditions.

Edited by loge
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 10:30 PM, kaosfere said:

That's the key bit, the getting carried away.  Some people act like buying a retail copy of a game entitles them to white glove levels of service and support, and since it sounds like you and I have both been in the game for a good long time you understand how irrational that is.

Basically, people just need to keep this lesson in mind:

Something tells me @Janov needs to watch this, being an avid hater of MSFS. It seems that ever since German Developer Aerosoft announced that X Plane is Not the future @Janov is in complete denial.  He cannot come to terms with it!

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

He cannot come to terms with it!

He doesn´t need to come to terms with it! 😂

But hey, I am rooting for you and that they implement those features that you deem essential in MSFS, soon!:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/587471-what-you-are-missing-in-msfs/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-4382524

You are right...I don´t think X-Plane will go down that road. But yeah, choosing appearance and clothing should be a core feature of any flight simulation...game 😁 Second only to "sitting on a flight as a passenger".

Oh my god, it doesn´t get better than this... 😂

Edited by Janov

5 hours ago, Greazer said:

Something tells me @Janov needs to watch this, being an avid hater of MSFS. It seems that ever since German Developer Aerosoft announced that X Plane is Not the future @Janov is in complete denial.  He cannot come to terms with it!

I wouldn't take it too seriously. Its all fun and games over a genre most people out there care nothing about.

The x-plane forums are pretty quiet nowadays - the spotlight is on msfs. There will be many non-msfs simmers posting here. Its where the action is. Take it as a compliment. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Janov said:

He doesn´t need to come to terms with it! 😂

But hey, I am rooting for you and that they implement those features that you deem essential in MSFS, soon!:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/587471-what-you-are-missing-in-msfs/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-4382524

You are right...I don´t think X-Plane will go down that road. But yeah, choosing appearance and clothing should be a core feature of any flight simulation...game 😁 Second only to "sitting on a flight as a passenger".

Oh my god, it doesn´t get better than this... 😂

Your Gizmo caused more  CTD on my PC over the years than current bugs listed in MSFS developer updates 🙂 That "master piece" of software development is known as one of the most hated in XP community! In fact there are numerous threads on .org were people choose to steer clear your beautiful 737 in order not to deal with Camron, gizmo and great polite customer service 🙂 But I understand its all for a passion to aviation not for money!  🙂

Obviously lack of good visual does take its tall. Is that why MSFS bother you so much? It's ok buddy we can help you here 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Your Gizmo caused more  CTD on my PC over the years than current bugs listed in MSFS developer updates 🙂 That "master piece" of software development is known as one of the most hated in XP community! In fact there are numerous threads on .org were people choose to steer clear your beautiful 737 in order not to deal with Camron, gizmo and great polite customer service 🙂 But I understand its all for a passion to aviation not for money!  🙂

Obviously lack of good visual does take its tall. Is that why MSFS bother you so much? It's ok buddy we can help you here 🙂

Ouch...:D

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Camron, gizmo and great polite customer service 🙂 But I understand its all for a passion to aviation not for money!  🙂

🙂

LOL

Thanks for bringing up the fond memories. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.