Sign in to follow this  
KBUR

Helicopters… in 2022 !!!

Well, this message has devastated me, honestly  :unsure:  :sad: .

According to Sergio Costa (who is really a great guy and enthusiast !!!) from HELISIMMER.COM  we rotorheads will have to wait for the arrival of the first helicopter in MSFS 2020 till 2022 !!!

msfs-wishlist-2020-11-19.jpg?width=750&m

What a huge disappointment  :blink: .

Well, the only additional opinion I have - and of course it's very subjective:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020...

tombstone-clipart-cartoon-4.jpg

......rest in peace.

All the best,

Konrad

It will probably be december 31 2022.

• Like 2

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Not according to just Sergio, since you showed what have been showed already 12 days ago..

Edited by Pastaiolo

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Can't you just enjoy helicopters in other sims for the time being???

• Like 1

I'd rather see rotary winds delayed and modeled  properly than released early and become mess like we have right now with many fixed wing aircraft

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

A 3PD could still make helicopters using WASM modules if they program all of the helicopter aerodynamics

• Like 1

The scenery of MSFS makes it a no brainer for choppers. But I'd rather they did it right than rush it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I'd rather see rotary winds delayed and modeled  properly than released early and become mess like we have right now with many fixed wing aircraft

Agreed. So much more complexity is involved with rotor-wing flight modeling, and it's all going to be based off the same systems that affect fixed-wing flight, many of which the community as a whole does not find very impressive - at this time. The desire for choppers is no surprise, that anyone would want some now is a bit perplexing when they would perform more realistically and be better enjoyed after the sim matures in 1-2 years. I think 2022 is their "soonest, we hope" goal, TBH

• Like 1

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

17 hours ago, Brandon01110 said:

It will probably be december 31 2022.

LoL.  Well, I think the 1st January 2023 is more realistic  :laugh: .

And I agree with a previous writer:  the whole scenery CRIES FOR chopper flying. 

Asobo/MS should have made helicopters as priority from the very first beginning.

Cheers.

Interesting.  I suppose you can design a Helo with fixed wing properties and adjust things.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Most likely. Still miss helicopters so so badly 😞 With this nice scenery, it's a shame to not have them.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

On 12/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, KBUR said:

What a huge disappointment  :blink: .

Well, the only additional opinion I have - and of course it's very subjective:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020...

tombstone-clipart-cartoon-4.jpg

......rest in peace.

Half of Avsim users must have PhD's in drama.  Why so much hyperbole and woe... tombstones and references to death - honestly.  It's a schedule of work for a flightsim.  That schedule is also old news - and there are MANY priority items before helicopters.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2