Sign in to follow this  
KBUR

Helicopters… in 2022 !!!

9 hours ago, MediaHypeTrain said:

Someone has helicopters working, but isn't willing to share the code (holding out for a payware project)

If this is true, I for one would be very happy to buy it, even if the flight model is not 'correct'.

I'd love to see all my favourite choppers making it across to MSFS, but to be honest, the drone camera provides the same sort of benefits for me right now. I can wait for my Osprey and Eurocopter and Chinook and Huey and all the others for a while yet.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I'm a helicopter fanatic and that stems back to my FAA days, which also includes gannets. I have FS9 and FSX with numerous types of choppers and gannets, where I have been able to portover FSX ones, but... I do not know how to get the main and tail rotors to spin, as well as getting the gannet's props to contra-rotate with their double mamba engines.

There must be a 3PD out there that can code this!

Thanks

Martin

Edited by sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Got a link to the person(s) who have this working?

Thanks.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Helicopters have been showing as 2022 for months on the development blog!! Guess someone has just woken up. Here is the update from mid-November:

FS-11.19-wishes.jpg

Keep in mind that for a chopper fix, there is this thing. Yeah I know it ain't for MSFS 2020, but since we've got a year (at least) to wait for that one to get choppers which aren't merely shoehorned in, this thing is a good alternative.

6HakIrC.png

It's a beta, so not completely finished, but for just under 20 quid on Steam (hmm, where've we heard that price point referenced before recently? lol) it's some fun and pretty realistic chopper flying in a modern sim with nice helicopter graphics, plus a bit of first person shenanigans for walk around checks, dollying the thing out of the hangar, flying some career missions and such.

I'll probably do a review of it for my channel at some point soon, but in the interim I will say it is worth a punt for 20 quid. You only get an R22, but it's well modeled and is fun to fly and as I say, the controls are pretty realistic, so if you know what you are doing to fly a chopper, it's very good control-wise.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If the comment about choppers being in 2022 is directed at us... we're well aware of that. 

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, CJ1045 said:

Helicopters have been showing as 2022 for months on the development blog!! Guess someone has just woken up. Here is the update from mid-November:

That's the image in the very first post of this thread.

Maybe read it next time.

Edited by Tuskin38

50 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That's the image in the very first post of this thread.

Maybe read it next time.

So why is he posting about it now. It is not news at all.

CJ

2 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

So why is he posting about it now. It is not news at all.

CJ

This thread was started December 1st 2020. Read the date.

Someone bumped it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

It was also mentioned in an early dev update, that the helicopter add-on would be a paid one which is why they pushed it out, so they can get a lot of other stuff done first before starting on paid DLC updates.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:56 AM, KBUR said:

Well, this message has devastated me, honestly  :unsure:  :sad: .

According to Sergio Costa (who is really a great guy and enthusiast !!!) from HELISIMMER.COM  we rotorheads will have to wait for the arrival of the first helicopter in MSFS 2020 till 2022 !!!

msfs-wishlist-2020-11-19.jpg?width=750&m

What a huge disappointment  :blink: .

Well, the only additional opinion I have - and of course it's very subjective:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020...

tombstone-clipart-cartoon-4.jpg

......rest in peace.

All the best,

Konrad

Cant a third party create one?  Is there something in the mechanics that would need to be added?  Wouldn't a helicopter flight model be enough?

2 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Cant a third party create one?  Is there something in the mechanics that would need to be added?  Wouldn't a helicopter flight model be enough?

You'd have to jump through a few hoops to do it, and with an update to the aerodynamics and an SDK on the way, it would be too risky a commercial proposition at the moment. You could start on the modeling of course, but that'd be about it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If there's one absolute certainty for me.....

MSFS was made for Helo's. A match made in heaven ....so to speak.

I'll patiently await the opportunity to grab a quality payware Helo for use in this sim. (Let alone when I finally plunge into VR in MSFS).

And all this coming from a guy who previously would only ever fly jetliners.......

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

The sim supports heliports, it's a parking space option in the scenery editor. It even has an icon for the world map.

Edited by Tuskin38

COMING SOON(ER) THAN ASOBO

Our team brought you the Icon A5 2021 Performance Edition and we've successfully brought the G3X Avionics suite with autopilot to 3 planes in total!

A new developer we're working with has cracked the code to helicopters. There's some legal, creative and developmental things we have to work out before we can release a helicopter to the public - but we hope to get there very soon now that we've all found each other. Join our Discord to follow our progress, we will have news to share very soon!

zlwuz8ix2qh61.jpg

Edited by MediaHypeTrain
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon