Sign in to follow this  
KBUR

Helicopters… in 2022 !!!

@MediaHypeTrain

Nice little addition: the MASH theme music.........

• Like 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

6 hours ago, XCLTM3 said:

@MediaHypeTrain

It's forever engrained in my mind, growing up in the 90s when this theme song came on it meant I was way overdue for bed lol.

• Like 1

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

@MediaHypeTrain Shucks, you weren't around during the Korean War?:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

The younger generation seem to think it was a minor skirmish or police action.

There were 128,650 US Casualties and 145 Medal of Honor granted to US service people.

It was not a minor skirmish.

It was the first major war that was fought under the UN flag.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

11 hours ago, XCLTM3 said:

@MediaHypeTrain

With the accuracy of FS20 the actual landing pad area probably exists in sim.  YOU could fly the same flight path as in the series. Now if someone could find a way to designate the landing zone with an H...

6 hours ago, sauviat said:

@MediaHypeTrain Shucks, you weren't around during the Korean War?:)

Not in this timeline unfortunately. If they can get a holodeck out before I go to the other side I would love to spend some time in the 50s though 😉 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 6:00 AM, Chock said:

Keep in mind that for a chopper fix, there is this thing. Yeah I know it ain't for MSFS 2020, but since we've got a year (at least) to wait for that one to get choppers which aren't merely shoehorned in, this thing is a good alternative.

6HakIrC.png

It's a beta, so not completely finished, but for just under 20 quid on Steam (hmm, where've we heard that price point referenced before recently? lol) it's some fun and pretty realistic chopper flying in a modern sim with nice helicopter graphics, plus a bit of first person shenanigans for walk around checks, dollying the thing out of the hangar, flying some career missions and such.

I'll probably do a review of it for my channel at some point soon, but in the interim I will say it is worth a punt for 20 quid. You only get an R22, but it's well modeled and is fun to fly and as I say, the controls are pretty realistic, so if you know what you are doing to fly a chopper, it's very good control-wise.

Is this in VR?   If not helicopters in Aerofly 2 are pretty good. EC135, and R22.

Review of Helicopter Simulator in progress for my Youtube channel; was working on it tonight, so it will probably be uploaded tomorrow some time. As ever with my reviews, there's a fun song to go with it too. If you like choppers, it'll be worth checking out because it's a very good whirlybird sim in terms of controls and immersion, it even lets you do walkaround inspections, dolly your chopper in and out out of the hangar and customise it with funky paint jobs, if you like all that extra stuff in addition to flying the things. 😄

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 2/16/2021 at 8:03 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The younger generation seem to think it was a minor skirmish or police action.

There were 128,650 US Casualties and 145 Medal of Honor granted to US service people.

It was not a minor skirmish.

They also seem to think that it ended.

• Upvote 1

Here you go, my review of Helicopter Simulator:

Alan Bradbury

Just hop into an ultralight for now!  That's what I am  doing.

LouP

• Like 1

Thank you all for your excitement and patience!

I am happy to announce that we will be releasing our first alpha build of the H135 to the public no later than Saturday morning New York time.

The video linked below is a good representation of the build we will be providing for testing. I want to stress that this is absolutely a test build and not a build we consider even a 1.0 version. 

There is still a lot of work for us to do for this to be a 1.0 polished product, but the most important thing in my opinion to get right are the flight dynamics which are why we are pushing this out so early so we can gain feedback from simmers and real world pilots.

We will have more details to provide alongside the alpha release, but for now I think we can finally put to rest the naysayers that said it couldn't be done. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQj5dNcXwy8&feature=youtu.be

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Seems to be flying pretty well. Nice one.

Alan Bradbury