Sign in to follow this  
altenae

Severe frame drops during taxi on some airports

Anyone else have severe frame drops during taxi on some airports?

Example EDDF (Frankfurt) when taxing from runway 25 (L or R) to the gate halfway the framerates are dropping dramatically

Starting from 35 to 10 sometimes.
However when saving the flight on that moment of 10 fps and reloading this flight at the exact same position it's back to 35 fps again.

Any thougts about this ?
It's not my computer otherwise the same flight reloaded on that position would also be 10 fps instead of 35..        

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Did not see bad frames but EDDF has some quite broken taxiways with bumps. I even had the A320 get stuck on a ridge in the taxiway, had to go full throttle to jump it. 

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I noticed low fps on airports since the latest update, too. I have been always GPU limited according to the Developer Mode display, which now switched to Main Thread limited, so there has certainly been something going on in the code.

What helped me was setting the Process Priority of flightsimulator.exe to high in the Task Manager when the sim is running. This has been an old trick from P3D which even was implemented in SimStarter as an option and helped me in P3D (where I was Main Thread limited, too). I guess this setting doesn't do much if you are GPS limited but since I am Main Thread limited now, I gained a number of fps on airports and even got rid of some stutters.

I wrote a little batch to automate this, but you may first want to try if it helps.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I noticed low fps on airports since the latest update, too. I have been always GPU limited according to the Developer Mode display, which now switched to Main Thread limited, so there has certainly been something going on in the code.

What helped me was setting the Process Priority of flightsimulator.exe to high in the Task Manager when the sim is running. This has been an old trick from P3D which even was implemented in SimStarter as an option and helped me in P3D (where I was Main Thread limited, too). I guess this setting doesn't do much if you are GPS limited but since I am Main Thread limited now, I gained a number of fps on airports and even got rid of some stutters.

I wrote a little batch to automate this, but you may first want to try if it helps.

Kind regards, Michael

But the FPS are high but during taxi to the gate they decrease severe!
Starting the sim again from the latest position where the FPS where low are high again after reloading.

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

2 hours ago, altenae said:

Example EDDF (Frankfurt) when taxing from runway 25 (L or R) to the gate halfway the framerates are dropping dramatically

However when saving the flight on that moment of 10 fps and reloading this flight at the exact same position it's back to 35 fps again.

Any thougts about this ?
It's not my computer otherwise the same flight reloaded on that position would also be 10 fps instead of 35..        

I think EDDF as well as LFPG common issues, see here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/frankfurt-airport-abysmal-performance-premium-deluxe/286908

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

47 minutes ago, altenae said:

But the FPS are high but during taxi to the gate they decrease severe!
Starting the sim again from the latest position where the FPS where low are high again after reloading.

That's something I don't observe in that form. Maybe caused by EDFF (as omarsmak30 states), the plane, a combination of the two... hard to tell.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, altenae said:

Any thougts about this ?

Did you post your observations in the MS Official Forum?. I think it's convenient to make sure Adobo is aware of this. I'm suffering from the same issue after the recent update.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

So in order to replicate this issue, you may need to follow these steps:

1. Start normally at any gate at EDDF, at this point the FPS will be pretty normal and good, no stutter or whatsoever.
  2. Use the teleport function in developer mode to go to another airport, enter let's say EDDK, now you will teleported to EDDK, wait for while until new autogen has been loaded for EDDK.
  3. Now using the same teleport function, enter EDDF, now you will teleported back to EDDF, wait for while until EDDF autogen has been loaded. 
  4. At this point the FPS should sink, the same phenomena is applicable to other airports but the severity differs. The same idea when you land at the airport coming from somewhere else which explains the fps drop after landing and taxi

Can someone please do me a favor and follow these steps to replicate the issue? If is replicable at your end as well, then clearly we should voting/sending Zendesks until this issue has been fixed! Actually this issue has started after the Japan update but it got worse after the latest update, not to mention the new stutters.

Some screenshots:

EDDF, upon spawning the airport, good performance:

msfs-eddf-good-performance.jpg

EDDF, after replicating the issue by teleporting, low performance

msfs-eddf-low-performance.jpg

• Like 1

The same happens at Rome Fiumicino, not exactly your super duper commercial airport in FS2020 (rather empty I'd say): you lose up to 10 fps after landing. It changes with the direction you are looking at.

Crazy.

Andrea

Has anybody got the chance to try what I posted? @altenae

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Has anybody got the chance to try what I posted? @altenae

Yes the same issue...
Also happens at LFPG close to Terminal 1...

Those airports are banned by me.

Since last week, I’ve come across a severe sudden stuttering too, in the USA PG mega towns with drone cam flyover at full speed with all settings maxed out like before. That never happed before the latest update. 

Hence, I put it down to the latest World Update II.

I haven’t a clue what’s behind but suspect that some codes are to blame for the sake of optimization.

I was also facing drastic fps drops and stutters after the last MSFS update. I have updated my Nvidia Driver to version 457.30 , which seems slightly to reduce the stutters and gained fps.

Worths a try. It is recommended to you also, if not done yet. Happy flying.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

52 minutes ago, altenae said:

Yes the same issue...
Also happens at LFPG close to Terminal 1...

Those airports are banned by me.

It happens indeed on every airport. The degree of its severity depends on the airport , for example is very noticeable in EDDF or LFPG or even Aerosoft EDDK. Did you vote comment on the thread? We need to make a fuss about it .

However what really puzzles me , does it happen as well to the rest of us? @pmb mentioned that he didn't notice it . It could be visible if you are GPU limited