Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

$100 hamburger run, Cape May up the coast then to KTTN

Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20Screens
Off of R19 at KWWD, Cape May County, NJ, headed south toward Cape May Point.

Below here at Cape May Point you can see the Cape May Lighthouse below, courtesy of: Tankminder (Tom G).  It and his other three lighthouses that follow in this post are all available at flightsim.to.

A view from off Ocean City, NJ toward Margate City and Atlantic City.

A look at the southern Jersey Shore from Wildwood up to Stone Harbor and Avalon.  Atlantic City is just coming into sight in the distance.

A closeup look at the Atlantic City Skyline scenery v1.2 by mbiebel872. Also on Slightsim.to.  I did not observe the Absecon Lighthouse as I flew over.

In contrast to the cities, beaches, and homes and resorts is the Absecon Wildlife Management Area and nature preserve that lies between Atlantic City and Long Beach Island, NJ.

Long Beach Island is a fitting name for this 18 mile long stretch of island and beach.  LBI is a half-mile wide at its widest point, and one-fifth mile wide at it’s narrowest.  

The land access to LBI is this one bridge across Manahawkin Bay from Beach Haven West to Ship Bottom.  Here you can see the dense population of mostly vacation homes.  This island has been highly vulnerable to east coast hurricanes, the most devastating hurricane to LBI was Sandy in late October of 2012. 

The Barnegat Lighthouse is in view just behind the right wing as I fly over the Barnegat Inlet that separates LBI from Island Beach. 

New Jersey coastal view from near Point Pleasant Beach up toward Long Branch and Monmouth Beach.

Passing over Sandy Hook and the Sandy Hook Lighthouse.

Out over Lower Bay and Raritan Bay, now heading west, lower Brooklyn off the tail and Manhattan off in the distance off the prop.

Flying along the Delaware River, which in this area separates New Jersey from Pennsylvania.

Nice bit of fall foliage while on final to KTTN, Trenton-Mercer County airport at the north edge of Trenton, NJ.

KTTN is a nicely done airport, but this grounds crew member for some reason refused to move out of the way, despite pleas from the other grounds crew.

sky%20Lounge-XL.png
And Sky Lounge was our destination today.    

Sky Lounge Menu (click link):  https://www.skyloungettn.com/menu/

image.png.b682620f82f9ec04100567fd03ff2201.pngFAQ's: 

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 5

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

That was fun and interesting, thanks.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.