Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

Flight Replicas 50% sale

What's your opinion of this DC4? I've been looking for some "decent" propliners without paying too much. $22 US doesn't seem to be a bad price.

Edited by NormH3

1 hour ago, NormH3 said:

What's your opinion of this DC4?

Although it is not in the same league as the PMDG DC-6 or A2A Constellation especially from a systems viewpoint, it’s not bad if you are happy with a somewhat ‘lite’ simulation and I have enjoyed flying it. At the sale price it is very good value particularly when you consider that it also includes the ATL98 Carvair and comes with a good selection of liveries with additional ones available as freeware.

Bill

For me those are more like freeware quality and i know some freeware of higher level even - just my opinion.

• Like 1

Artur 

Yup, DC4 and Liberator both very good.

VC's are a little clean but otherwise only better big-iron freeware would be the MJ DC3 I think...

On 12/2/2020 at 10:52 PM, keithb77 said:

but otherwise only better big-iron freeware would be the MJ DC3 I think...

I agree - but then Manfred Jahn’s DC-3 beats most freeware and a lot of payware in terms of quality! However the only freeware DC-4 that I know of, originally developed for FS9 and then ported over to FSX, is showing its age somewhat and is not as good as Flight Replica’s version.

Bill

Both of my WW2 era "payware" Flight Replica planes have issues.  One is missing cockpit glass texture, the other has severe cockpit glass issues.