Sign in to follow this  
Tayyareci

RTX3070 Nvidia Cont. Panel Vsync Not Working

Hi,

I have been using RTX3070 for some time but for the last couple of days I wasn't able to make NCP Vsync work as expected on MSFS.

I tried all avaliable settings as adaptive/halfrefreshrate/on and fast but no success..In game Vsync works but not the NCP one. I would like to compare whether game or ncp vsync is more smooth. Am I missing some other setting or is there a problem related driver or RTX3070 spesific ?

Does anybody experience similar issue or any known solutions ?

Kind regards.

Edited by Tayyareci
Type

Faruk IŞIK

In game Vsync haven't work properly since release, I use Vsync in combination with Gsync in NCP with my RTX 2080Ti and it works fine with MSFS, I also cap frames to 30 with Riva Tuner, I use the latest driver without Geforce Experience.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I have an RTX 3070 as well, I use G-sync in Nvidia Control Panel and V-Sync Off in FS2020. Seems to be working pretty well with my monitor. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Thanks for the asnwers. As you shared I will also try RTSS for FPS capping on MSFS.I hope with the next update I will be able to use Nvida Vsync. 

I think I should upgrade my monitor as it is really old and not suitable for gaming. Is gsync is a worth technology to look for ? Does it make any difference on smoothnes ? 

Kind regards.  

Faruk IŞIK

4 minutes ago, Tayyareci said:

Thanks for the asnwers. As you shared I will also try RTSS for FPS capping on MSFS.I hope with the next update I will be able to use Nvida Vsync. 

I think I should upgrade my monitor as it is really old and not suitable for gaming. Is gsync is a worth technology to look for ? Does it make any difference on smoothnes ? 

Kind regards.  

I am using the 3080 and NCP Vsync is not working for me too. I have tried RTSS but to be honest the smoothest experience for me was using Special K together with ingame vsync. It's almost stutter free.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I've never been sure about V Sync.  I leave it switched off on the understanding that you lose a few FPS for a visual improvement that I can't seem to see.  If someone could explain whether it is really worth it, it would be interesting.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

28 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I've never been sure about V Sync.  I leave it switched off on the understanding that you lose a few FPS for a visual improvement that I can't seem to see.  If someone could explain whether it is really worth it, it would be interesting.

Personally i prefer a stable 60 FPS with vsync on over unstable FPS fluctuating all over the place. So yes, stable FPS are worth it even if they are a bit lower in some cases than with vsync off.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I found the best result for me was using Vsync in the sim with 60FPS. It seems to produce the best results. I am using a 42" 1080P TV so it is easier to stay up around the 60FPS mark. It is weird how Vsync in the sim doesn't work for everyone. I have tried the whole 30FPS thing with Riva but panning around the cockpit is horrible especially with head tracking.

I would love to get my hands on a TV with Gsync built in, not sure I could go back to even a 32" monitor after having a bigger display for so many years.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

17 minutes ago, Richdem said:

I found the best result for me was using Vsync in the sim with 60FPS. It seems to produce the best results. I am using a 42" 1080P TV so it is easier to stay up around the 60FPS mark. It is weird how Vsync in the sim doesn't work for everyone. I have tried the whole 30FPS thing with Riva but panning around the cockpit is horrible especially with head tracking.

I would love to get my hands on a TV with Gsync built in, not sure I could go back to even a 32" monitor after having a bigger display for so many years.

I feel you. I'm using a 77 inch 4k Samsung and i'd never be able to go back to a tiny Computer Monitor.

5 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I feel you. I'm using a 77 inch 4k Samsung and i'd never be able to go back to a tiny Computer Monitor.

Holy Cow,

Can I come round to your house for a play date lol. I think my trusty old 1080TI would have a heart attack if it saw me coming down the basement stairs with one of those bad boys !

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, Richdem said:

Holy Cow,

Can I come round to your house for a play date lol. I think my trusty old 1080TI would have a heart attack if it saw me coming down the basement stairs with one of those bad boys !

Sure, any time! :P Feel free to come around whenever you visit Germany. :D