Sign in to follow this  
MattNischan

Working Title CJ4 0.7.3 - AP Lateral Guidance Hotfix

Hi all,

We've released a hotfix for the CJ4 that adds the workaround for the lateral guidance issues surfaced by the good folks at FBW. Many thanks to them and also to the team at Asobo for continuing to field our inquiries and giving us some great information on the operation of the AP.

I won't do the whole big release list here, but here's the link to the release: Release cj4-v0.7.3 · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages (github.com)

Thanks all for your patience!

-Matt

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 4

Great work. I think I need to obtain my virtual type rating for the CJ4 (that I've used occasionally with your mod) for the forseeable future. I highly appreciate your efforts!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Bump. Great work! Thanks Matt and team  

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Keep up the great work thank you just tried it. Fantastic!

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002
  • Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Many thanks to the Working Title Group for your continued work ! 👍

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

Thanks Matt and Working Title Team. You have made this aircraft great to fly. Really appreciate what you guys do.

Hopefully if one positive thing came from the “Update 7” AP bungle and Asobo’s willingness to work with the FBW and WT team to ‘fix’ this, it is a better and deeper understanding of AP systems that will help accelerate the creation of independent AP programming, separating it from the sims limited AP coding.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Just goes to show that Asobo is there and willing to help. Especially impressive considering there is no financial incentive for them in this project since it is freeware. Nothing but props to both dev teams here.

• Like 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Thanks for the patch; AP works much better now.  Still a little sluggish finishing turns, but was able to capture an ILS approach with minimal overshoot.  Let's hope the next FS release has a proper fix for the issue.

I’m just wondering... when Asobo fix the AP lateral ‘laziness’ in the next update, combined with this Community fix, wonder if the aircraft will be doing 6G wing-overs and turning on a dime? 😂

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

I’m just wondering... when Asobo fix the AP lateral ‘laziness’ in the next update, combined with this Community fix, wonder if the aircraft will be doing 6G wing-overs and turning on a dime? 😂

Thats right. People are begging for a fix, but they are NOT ready for the things this new patch will break 😄

Hi! Probably not a bug more of a user error. So perhaps anyone here can point me as to what Im doing wrong.

During the flight today I was climbing using V/S, had set the altitude to 42000 feet but when I reached that, the aircraft kept on climbing until I moved the V/S to 0... then I levelled off... 

shouldnt it automatically level off at the selected altitude?

Question: I noticed that recently, with the WT mod, NAV 1 is no longer populated with the ILS frequency when an ILS approach is entered in the FMS. (Same with the G3000). Am I observing this correctly? Was this intended (I don't know if this represents proper behaviour, but to have the Nav radio set was extremely convenient given that once your flight is in progress, there's no good way to get these frequencies in the sim)? 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

23 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Question: I noticed that recently, with the WT mod, NAV 1 is no longer populated with the ILS frequency when an ILS approach is entered in the FMS. (Same with the G3000). Am I observing this correctly? Was this intended (I don't know if this represents proper behaviour, but to have the Nav radio set was extremely convenient given that once your flight is in progress, there's no good way to get these frequencies in the sim)? 

RNAV same behavior or just ILS?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

37 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Is this on a "default" airport or third party airport?   This is a known issue on many 3rd Party airports.  Currently the only airports I own that DO populate the ILS frequency properly are those from FSDT (CYVR).  All other ones I own, you have to manually input the frequency into the avionics.  

This doesn't appear to happen on any of the default airports, or the Asobo "Bespoke" ones.   Just most third party ones.

You are right, there is no good way to get those in the sim, which is why I usually open a browser outside the sim during flight planning and look those up through a web browser.  

There is also a nifty add on called "FSFlightBag2020" which has a pretty cool toolbox that can be invoked outside the sim, and sits minimized inside the sim, so you can call it up.  It has a flight planner that links a lot of approach data for US airports, as well as a mini web browser that you can go to look up that stuff on the internet while in flight.  

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/electronic-flight-bag-fsflightbag2020/321340

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Upvote 1