Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Prop Lever Controls Flaps

First let me explain my hardware:

Use Honeycomb yoke to control flight controls

Use a Saitek Pro Flight yoke only to be able to use the Saitek Pro Flight quadrant (I use two Pro Flight quadrants)

Use a second Pro Flight quadrant to be able to use on dual engine planes

Use a CH Throttle Quadrant for landing gear and flaps

All controls work ok - both throttles, both prop controls, and both mixture controls.

The problem I have is that the number 1 prop lever also controls the flaps.  I have gone through all the control bindings and can't see where any prop levers are assigned to flaps or where any flap controls are assigned to prop.  Number 2 prop lever only controls the prop as it should.  

I use a toggle switch on the CH quadrant to control flaps - it does not affect the #1 prop.

This happens on both the default Baron and the Carenado PA44

Could use and suggestions on how to fix this.  Thanks

Jim

As a test:

1. backup and clear out your community folder and uninstall or disable any controller software for both devices including FSUICP if you have it

2. unplug the "good" controller and restart and let us know if you still get the flaps and throttle cross mapped on the "bad" one  with only one controller and no mods or other software running

3. if the problem is still there with only one controller and no other mods or software unmap the throttle axis and report whether the axis still controls flaps

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Got it fixed.   The problem was that that lever was assigned to "flaps" in SPAD.  Don't know how that happened because I have never assigned any actions within SPAD.  Go figure.  Once I deleted the assigned  assignment within SPAD all works as designed.  Thanks for your help.

Jim