Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

VFR Toronto - Real and Simulated (MSFS) Flight Comparison

Great video!  Cool to see the coast of Lake Ontario too...I lived in Port Credit many years ago

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Beautiful!  Take either one away and they'd both look real.  

Major effort, thanks for this!

Impressive

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Well done! It must have been challenging to line up the simulator flight perfectly in speed, heading and field-of-view with the real thing. 

What I notice is the obvious summer foliage in the sim... which can be forgiven of course... but the water is just super fake looking in the sim.  The colour is off, there's no detail or texture to it, it looks bad. The photogrammetry reconstruction is remarkable though.

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

man that looks great . the thing that bugs me sometimes is that there's probably people here that are willing to pause the video 59 times and find something that looks wrong in the FS2020 half of the clip .

looks really nice well done .. 

• Like 4

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Absolutley fantastic, wow, thank you for sharing, looks amazing!!👍👍👍

Regards

Paul EGCC

Awesome video, Microsoft should pay you for the work you've done.  Labor of love I am sure but that surely was not easy to pull off and edit to boot.  Thank you for this video.  

Fantastic and very convincing video!

I recommend it to everyone because is the best example I know of the incredible simulator FS2020 is.

Thanks for sharing

Edmundo Azevedo

The flight model looks too twitchy in the real life simulator, whatever that is, as I have never actually heard of it before, so I will stick with MSFS thanks!  👍 🙂

In all seriousness though, sincere thanks for putting this together.  Hopefully Asobo can use this if they are watching, because, as virtual-chris said, the water tone needs some work.  It was the main difference for me when watching your video.  I actually thought the water was pretty good before I saw this.

If they can match the water colour more, which should not be too difficult to do, it would make it look so much closer.  I reckon there could be a freeware mod or aftermarket product soon for this - hopefully, unless Asobo can beat them to it.

I notice the stadium on the approach to downtown Toronto was quite different.  It was covered in real life, but with the red seating exposed in the sim.  With you living around Toronto (I presume), is this recent work that was done?

Also, I have been to Toronto many times - I really love the place.  Because of this, it was one of the first places I wanted to visit in the sim, and I found a scenery enhancement pack that was really good...

https://flightsim.to/file/538/greater-toronto-area-enhancement-pack

Did you use this in the sim?  

Thanks so much for your efforts  - outstanding work; I could watch it all day! 😁

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

My respect ... this is really really well done.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Despite some of the subtle differences the sheer fact we are at a point where we’re comparing the real world with MSFS truly makes it a great time to be a part of this hobby.

Asobo deserve a lot of credit for the visual quality of the sim. An the best bit is it’s only going to improve.

An great video, thanks for sharing.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 3