Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

This is why I'm sticking with P3D

Once I can have this experience in MSFS2020, with similar flight models and AI, I'm all in.  Until then, P3D is the best sim in town!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Why can't you have both?  Why this continued need to keep comparing simulators?  Both have their likes and dislikes for everyone.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

11 minutes ago, SAX702 said:

Why can't you have both?  Why this continued need to keep comparing simulators?  Both have their likes and dislikes for everyone.  

Money? Not exactly in in plentiful supply.

• Upvote 3

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

7 hours ago, SAX702 said:

Some of us do not want more than one flight simulator. Ian mentions one very good reason above, but there are other reasons (like wanting a single complete simulator, rather than having features spread across two or three different ones). My own experience is a good case in point, as I have the entire UK "feature complete" in P3Dv4.5HF2.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ironically choosing a GA plane out of a small airport doesn't really show anything MSFS can't do today.  What "specifically" about that video was there that you couldn't do in MSFS especially with AIG-OCI and A2A coming soon?   All you needed to show was a picture of PMDG, FSLabs or QW's 787 to show what MSFS "CAN'T" do right now.  

And seriously, why not both?  There is no way someone can complain about the $60 for MSFS, that's less than one high fidelity add-on for P3D for an entire simulator!  Flightsimmers are such a funny bunch.  Race simulators use iRacing, Assetto Corsa, RFactor, RaceRoom for different cars and tracks.  No one sim has "everything" yet all those sims and users co-exist without any issues, animosity or "us vs them."  Only in the FS world has there ALWAYS been this divide over the next sim vs the last sim.  It's so interesting to me to watch people draw their line in the sand in these forums... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Why I use three different sims. There is NOT one fits all. MSFS for low and slow Sunday afternoon sight seeing cows. P3DV? for My Virtual Airline job flying Airbuses, Boeing's and Dash8's. Xplane 11 for Turboprop Corporate operations. Will one of these fit all in the future, I have my doubts.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, psolk said:

Ironically choosing a GA plane out of a small airport doesn't really show anything MSFS can't do today.  What "specifically" about that video was there that you couldn't do in MSFS especially with AIG-OCI and A2A coming soon?   All you needed to show was a picture of PMDG, FSLabs or QW's 787 to show what MSFS "CAN'T" do right now.  

And seriously, why not both?  There is no way someone can complain about the $60 for MSFS, that's less than one high fidelity add-on for P3D for an entire simulator!  Flightsimmers are such a funny bunch.  Race simulators use iRacing, Assetto Corsa, RFactor, RaceRoom for different cars and tracks.  No one sim has "everything" yet all those sims and users co-exist without any issues, animosity or "us vs them."  Only in the FS world has there ALWAYS been this divide over the next sim vs the last sim.  It's so interesting to me to watch people draw their line in the sand in these forums... 

You are aware of the fact you are posting here in a P3D forum section or?

Because this post from the OP is a emotional thing! He is sticking with P3D because he likes it as it is. Not because he does not know he can do this in MSFS. Although I do ask myself if it is possible. Because MSFS has some bigger issues at the moment.

In fact those are still not solved:

• Flight dynamics in MSFS is "broken since release" as Asobo also confirms! Hence updraft 1 wing at landing. In P3D the flight models may be simplified (out of the box) but does work. Addons are able to implement improved flightmodels and do work around the "out of the box flightmodel".
  • AP is defect/not proper working
  • AI is having it´s problems and not showing proper on schedule
  • AI has no official supported liveries but only standard once (I know there is a non supported freeware mod)

Some simmers simply don´t want "both".

There could be several reasons for NOT wanting both.

• Financial
  • Maintenance
  • Diskspace

etc.

So I do find your answer not quite appropriate and a little harsh. Why YOU don´t respect the opinion from the OP user?

THAT would be the right question.

So maybe you look in the mirror before "putting" users with some feedback and opinions in a drawer.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

You are aware of the fact you are posting here in a P3D forum section or?

Because this post from the OP is a emotional thing! He is sticking with P3D because he likes it as it is. Not because he does not know he can do this in MSFS. Although I do ask myself if it is possible. Because MSFS has some bigger issues at the moment.

In fact those are still not solved:

• Flight dynamics in MSFS is "broken since release" as Asbobo also confirms! Hence updraft 1 wing at landing
  • AP is defect/not proper working
  • AI is having it´s problems and not showing proper on schedule
  • AI has no official supported liveries but only standard once (I know there is a non supported freeware mod)

Some simmers simply don´t want "both".

There could be several reasons for NOT wanting both.

• Financial
  • Maintenance
  • Diskspace

etc.

So I do find your answer not quite appropriate and a little harsh. Why YOU don´t respect the opinion from the OP user?

THAT would be the right question.

So maybe you look in the mirror before "putting" users with some feedback and opinions in a drawer.

Marcus

OK, so his opinion is valid but my question is not, I can respect his opinion but question it simultaneously.  Or is it because he posted in the P3D forum I'm not allowed to question it?  He posted he was sticking with it because he could not do what his video showed in MSFS.  I simply asked what in that video couldn't be done.  

Holy cow people really need to relax and just calm down.  Look in the mirror?  For what?  Who did I put in a drawer?  Honestly this has become stupid at this point the level of sensitivity in these forums.  

OH, BTW, today I am doing KEWR-LLBG in the QW787 then taking MSFS around Israel on a VFR tour.  Best of both worlds.  So I do practice what I preach... 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Just now, psolk said:

OK, so his opinion is valid but my question is not, I can respect his opinion but question it simultaneously.  Or is it because he posted in the P3D forum I'm not allowed to question it?  He posted he was sticking with it because he could not do what his video showed in MSFS.  I simply asked what in that video couldn't be done.  

Holy cow people really need to relax and just calm down.  

15 minutes ago, psolk said:

Ironically choosing a GA plane

You stated he was ironic! Not just asking questions or?

16 minutes ago, psolk said:

And seriously, why not both? 

I answered why this could be

16 minutes ago, psolk said:

Flightsimmers are such a funny bunch

You call all of us "funny bunch"? very respectful

17 minutes ago, psolk said:

No one sim has "everything" yet all

Tell me what P3D is missing.....in don´t recall what this can be (except streaming scenery)

18 minutes ago, psolk said:

It's so interesting to me to watch people draw their line in the sand in these forums... 

You stated he is one of the "people" who draw their line in the sand in these forums.... 

Yes he did, for very good reasons and like lots of us do (me incl.)

So maybe you should really reflect what you wrote and which words you use. Maybe English is not your native language and I understood you not correctly. But I did just react on your words and "tone" 😉 not the other way around.

The sender (you) is always the one who should ask himself "why does he (me in this case) understood me this way"!

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

12 minutes ago, psolk said:

so his opinion is valid but my question is not, I can respect his opinion but question it simultaneously.

You don´t understood what I wrote.

A opinion can NEVER be valid or invalid, NEVER, it is a opinion and not a fact!

So what you write is "nonsense" (sorry, I do not recall a better word for that here). 

I think you should really think before you post how you will react and which words you will use.

Or?

And I am very relaxed, sitting at my desk and smile a little about reaction. Why you think I am not relax or calm (as you wrote before)?

😉 (I take it with some humor, so don´t get angry at me please!).

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

You stated he was ironic! Not just asking questions or?

I answered why this could be

You call all of us "funny bunch"? very respectful

Tell me what P3D is missing.....in don´t recall what this can be (except streaming scenery)

You stated he is one of the "people" who draw their line in the sand in these forums.... 

Yes he did, for very good reasons and like lots of us do (me incl.)

So maybe you should really reflect what you wrote and which words you use. Maybe English is not your native language and I understood you not correctly. But I did just react on your words and "tone" 😉 not the other way around.

The sender (you) is always the one who should ask himself "why does he (me in this case) understood me this way"!

Marcus

Do you know what Ironic means?  It's not an insult...  

Why are you trying to spin EVERYTHING I said into a personal attack so you can have this over the top emotional response.  Now I am disrespectful too?  Honestly, your response says more about your level of defensiveness than anything I wrote...   It's a bit over the top to be honest. 

I don't think before I post?  What I write is nonsense?   Wow 

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

3 minutes ago, psolk said:

Do you know what Ironic means?  It's not an insult...  

Why are you trying to spin EVERYTHING I said into a personal attack so you can have this over the top emotional response.  Now I am disrespectful too?  Honestly, your response says more about your level of defensiveness than anything I wrote...   It's a bit over the top to be honest. 

I don't think before I post?  What I write is nonsense?   Wow 

Whatever you make out of it. And again, I am very relaxed and calm, no hard feelings at all. Just saw your reaction at the openers post and on that I reacted.

If you did not intent to "shoot" than I will accept that and surely misunderstood the words you used.

😉 (My 3th smiley) and you still think I am not relaxed and not calm...... Unfortunately I can not do more then writing and showing with "emoticons" how I feel. 

Have a nice day and enjoy your hobby. I am sure we al do, regardless 1, 2 or 3 sims and regardless which sim we like to use.

The OP does like P3D at sticks with it at the moment, exactly like me at the moment. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Whatever you make out of it. And again, I am very relaxed and calm, no hard feelings at all. Just saw your reaction at the openers post and on that I reacted.

If you did not intent to "shoot" than I will accept that and surely misunderstood the words you used.

😉 (My 3th smiley) and you still think I am not relaxed and not calm...... Unfortunately I can not do more then writing and showing with "emoticons" how I feel. 

Have a nice day and enjoy your hobby. I am sure we al do, regardless 1, 2 or 3 sims and regardless which sim we like to use.

The OP does like P3D at sticks with it at the moment, exactly like me at the moment. 

Marcus

Ok, then I will go back an put a smiley by my original post and that should fix everything...  Your words contradict your emoticon and I put more context in what you are saying than an emoticon.  If I jump all over someone and call what they say nonsense then put a smiley face at the end I still jumped all over them and called their response nonsense. A smiley doesn't change that.  

Your response to a simple question was so over the top jumping all over every specific word I wrote and "inferring" my tone it shows a very high level of sensitivity and defensiveness I find unnecessary.   

You have a good day as well. 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

56 minutes ago, psolk said:

And seriously, why not both?  

Because they are too different in use and both need a lot to learn and to keep. It's not as easy as driving cars 😉

It is also a question of money and time. I just don't have time for two sims. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I only used Assetto Corsa when I was racing online between 2014 and 2018. I had little interest in any of the others.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png